BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

IATs Up Very High after Replacement of Front Bumper

Quick question -- I have a Dinan CAI and a Helix FMIC and recently got my front bumper replaced with a brand new one (had to wait a good week and a half). Anyway, went to see the car Friday and it looks great.

I have a P3 gauge and was noticing the IATs didn't drop down at all. Ambient temp was around 95-100. Anyway, the IATs kept climing to 200 (never seen them more than 10 degrees above ambient with the Helix FMIC), so I knew something was wrong. Drove the car right back (only drove a block or so) and told them that perhaps they blocked the Dinan CAI (as I couldn't see the cone filter near the front duct).

Well, I emailed the shop the Dinan CAI instructions and they took the bumper off today and verified that the CAI was in the right place. Now I'm thinking that a temp sensor may be damaged? I don't know which it would be because I think the ambient temperature sensor is fine. But from whatever sensor the P3 gauge monitors the IATs may be damaged perhaps?

Maybe its the piping on the Helix FMIC (thought I don't know why a body shop would have messed with that?)

Any ideas?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic

Last edited by icabod7; 08-13-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Update: Nothing was wrong. I'm an ass and was looking at the coolant temp on the P3 gauge. Had the body shop on a wild goose chase.
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

I'm sure the guys at the shop were admiring the P3 gauge and forgot to return it to the IAT screen. Whoops!
Appreciate 0