10-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #23
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
It seems that many BMW buyers are "penny wise and pound foolish". Tightwads should buy Mazdas!
I wrote a check for my 1M. There is a difference between a tightwad and someone who makes rational decisions. Tightwads hate to spend money. Rational people don't mind spending money. They just don't see the point in setting a thousand bucks on fire as a sacrificial offering to appease the god of fear, hoping to buy some overpriced peace of mind.

Although, upon rereading this, it does seem inherently contradictory to buy a 1M and lay much, if any, claim to reason. Do they make orange Mazdas?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #24
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
I wrote a check for my 1M. There is a difference between a tightwad and someone who makes rational decisions. Tightwads hate to spend money. Rational people don't mind spending money. They just don't see the point in setting a thousand bucks on fire as a sacrificial offering to appease the god of fear, hoping to buy some overpriced peace of mind.

Although, upon rereading this, it does seem inherently contradictory to buy a 1M and lay much, if any, claim to reason. Do they make orange Mazdas?
LOL, glad I woke someone up! Writing a check for a 1M, according to some threads I read, means that beyond any doubt your a tightwad because if you weren't, you'd buy the "better" and more expensive M3 that you know you secretly want anyway, right?

Contradiction is what buying ANY car is all about!

As to orange Mazdas, I'm not sure, but for $3,000 or so I'm sure you can get one wrapped and then you've protected it and can sleep better and....

It's time we all start LOL at what we do here.
Appreciate 0