BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #23
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
1,487
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Dishonest man robbed you but lesson learned I guess. Perhaps you should debadge that ass of yours and go race some Honda's...it's an import 120i, honest .
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
43
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I believe you would have lost by a lot more if he had those mods or he really is a terrible driver. A C6 Z06 has better gearing, is more aerodynamic, LIGHTER, and actually makes more power than a maxxed out N54 all while being bone stock. Tell me again how you were thinking it was going to be a close race even if it was stock.

I tried to save you some money...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #25
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
1,487
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

I've got a question.

I don't know much about Corvette's at all, they don't make it over here but you all speak highly of them. I've seen some videos of FBO 335i/135i vs Lamborghini Gallardo's and FBO N54 usually draws even or pulls, so, are these video's cr@p or is a Z06 in supercar class?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
43
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I've got a question.

I don't know much about Corvette's at all, they don't make it over here but you all speak highly of them. I've seen some videos of FBO 335i/135i vs Lamborghini Gallardo's and FBO N54 usually draws even or pulls, so, are these video's cr@p or is a Z06 in supercar class?
Where are these videos? The only video that I seem to recollect at the moment of a 335i pulling a Gallardo is one that has meth, upgraded RB turbos etc.

Here is a Gallardo vs a bone stock c6 z06:

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #27
Spoolin Montego
Lieutenant
Spoolin Montego's Avatar
49
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: 16 M3/14 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
I believe you would have lost by a lot more if he had those mods or he really is a terrible driver. A C6 Z06 has better gearing, is more aerodynamic, LIGHTER, and actually makes more power than a maxxed out N54 all while being bone stock. Tell me again how you were thinking it was going to be a close race even if it was stock.

I tried to save you some money...
Stock they run low to mid 12s and I figure with my mods I am good for at least low 12s possibly high 11s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Dishonest man robbed you but lesson learned I guess. Perhaps you should debadge that ass of yours and go race some Honda's...it's an import 120i, honest .
I'm already debadged. I guess i'll have to start telling people it's a 128 with NOS.

Last edited by Spoolin Montego; 10-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
43
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Stock they run low to mid 12s and I figure with my mods I am good for at least low 12s possibly high 11s
No, they don't.

They run mid 11's on stock tires with a decent driver and have dipped into high 10's with drag radials. I know I can back up my low 12 second runs and know very well that I can't keep up with a stock z06.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
Spoolin Montego
Lieutenant
Spoolin Montego's Avatar
49
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: 16 M3/14 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
No, they don't.

They run mid 11's on stock tires with a decent driver and have dipped into high 10's with drag radials. I know I can back up my low 12 second runs and know very well that I can't keep up with a stock z06.
Well lesson learned here. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
1,487
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
Where are these videos? The only video that I seem to recollect at the moment of a 335i pulling a Gallardo is one that has meth, upgraded RB turbos etc.

Here is a Gallardo vs a bone stock c6 z06:

Z06 looks quick, so why do I hear so many people hating on them or their drivers in general?

Search YouTube for vids, 335i vs Gallardo. There's a few other than the RB'd grey one you're thinking of, a white one too from memory and also vishnu's white 135i.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
43
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Z06 looks quick, so why do I hear so many people hating on them or their drivers in general?

Search YouTube for vids, 335i vs Gallardo. There's a few other than the RB'd grey one you're thinking of, a white one too from memory and also vishnu's white 135i.
Oh yeah I remember that Vishnu vid, then again I don't really trust Vishnu so there goes that lol.

Z06 gets hated on because its an American car that has supercar performance for a bargain price.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
Spoolin Montego
Lieutenant
Spoolin Montego's Avatar
49
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: 16 M3/14 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Z06 looks quick, so why do I hear so many people hating on them or their drivers in general?

Search YouTube for vids, 335i vs Gallardo. There's a few other than the RB'd grey one you're thinking of, a white one too from memory and also vishnu's white 135i.
Probably because their drivers are generally douche bags...Like the guy I happened to run

FYI that first race in the vid was about how much it pulled me by. Guess it's time to look for a Gallardo to race
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
316
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

stereotypical vette drivers think their car is gods gift to earth, slap chrome nonsense all over it, drive like jackasses, etc. Of course there are tons of proper corvette enthusiats out there, its a minority that gives them all a bad name..then again there are plentyyyy of bmw drivers who i want to push off a cliff in their m3 badged 323i lol. and theres no denying z06s and r1s can absolutely fly.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Other stuff...652WHP

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #34
DRedman45
Lieutenant
DRedman45's Avatar
8
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: E86 //M coupe, e84 X1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Stock they run low to mid 12s and I figure with my mods I am good for at least low 12s possibly high 11s
base model vettes run low 12s stock...Z06's are nasty, and cheap to modify...and an intake and tune puts them closer to 460-470whp than 530whp, so that part was stretching the truth either way, he probably could have pulled you much harder if he had been in 1st, which he probably wasnt
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
vampire81
Private First Class
vampire81's Avatar
Kuwait
16
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kuwait

iTrader: (0)

a Z06 will spin on 1st at 40mph.
530whp means cam.
intake and tune will only yield 470-480 as stated earlier.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #36
Twhill19
hungry
Twhill19's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,141
Posts

Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

I'd like to see the C6 try to beat a 135i in a TRACK race, not just a drag. C6 would be murdered on the corners...murdered
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
jgoldsmith729
Private First Class
12
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Umm... c6 vs. 135i stock, on a track....any track? hehehehe......right.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
DRedman45
Lieutenant
DRedman45's Avatar
8
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: E86 //M coupe, e84 X1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
I'd like to see the C6 try to beat a 135i in a TRACK race, not just a drag. C6 would be murdered on the corners...murdered
haha that literally made me laugh out loud

http://wot.motortrend.com/the-10-bes...11-148669.html
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
Twhill19
hungry
Twhill19's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,141
Posts

Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

reference British touring car racing...I'd have to see it to believe it, but thats my theory.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
Twhill19
hungry
Twhill19's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,141
Posts

Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

what about vs. this puppy?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/g-p...upe-2012-10-24
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
1Manny
Private
1
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Huntington, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
I'd like to see the C6 try to beat a 135i in a TRACK race, not just a drag. C6 would be murdered on the corners...murdered
I have had and tracked both cars. Your comment is completely false. Stock for stock the c6 will outperform a 135i in pretty much all categories.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #42
Sauce
Lieutenant
Sauce's Avatar
23
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
No, they don't.

They run mid 11's on stock tires with a decent driver and have dipped into high 10's with drag radials. I know I can back up my low 12 second runs and know very well that I can't keep up with a stock z06.
You said it for me, they run 10's STOCK. Never, EVER run a z06 for money in any N54 car, any BMW for that matter. They are disgustingly fast. Track, drag strip, just don't f*ck with them. It is amazing to me how uneducated some people are about this car. And before anyone calls them simple, they have magnesium engine cradles, a fiberglass body, cf fenders, the list goes on. They are amazing cars.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST