BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Went stock.. What a difference!

I went back to a stock intake and no chip. WoW! What a difference. Its so civilized now. Even though its fast. It does it in such a gentle way.

What I had before:
AFE Dual Cone Intake
Procede v4.
Map 2. 16psi max.

I miss the procede already. I just wish it was as civilized as this though.

Here is an example of the difference between procede map2 and stock.

Doing 100 with stock if I put my foot down I can see it pass each individual number to 110.

Doing 100 with procede if I do the same thing, by the time my mind recognizes whats going on. Its 110. (and lol i'm not slow)

I'm guessing the 1M is going to be the best of both. Civilized + raw power when u need it (like the procede)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

The 1M will likely have the same or similar tune + power output as the Z4 35is except minus the DCT. I can tell you it is a very nice combo and definitely quick - almost deceptively so as it is very smooth too. It actually feels faster than my 135i+DCI+SSTT tune and isnt even past 1000km yet!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

How is the procede not civilized? Is it the intake causing it or the procede?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
How is the procede not civilized? Is it the intake causing it or the procede?
Boost at 2k rpm and the amount of power it delivers in comparison to stock makes it an animal.

animal = not civilized
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
The 1M will likely have the same or similar tune + power output as the Z4 35is except minus the DCT. I can tell you it is a very nice combo and definitely quick - almost deceptively so as it is very smooth too. It actually feels faster than my 135i+DCI+SSTT tune and isnt even past 1000km yet!

You bring up a good point. Smoothness. That's something I've missed on map2.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Not having a go but it sounds like your in the wrong car. If smoothness > performance in your books then you really should be driving a 5 series :P
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
Not having a go but it sounds like your in the wrong car. If smoothness > performance in your books then you really should be driving a 5 series :P
ahahaha.. if you want smooth get a chauffeur and a Maybach...

just the turbo going off at 2k was annoying.. made round abouts and slow speed driving jerky.. everything else was allllllllll good
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie135i View Post
ahahaha.. if you want smooth get a chauffeur and a Maybach...

just the turbo going off at 2k was annoying.. made round abouts and slow speed driving jerky.. everything else was allllllllll good
LOL, yeah you win.. :P

Did you try the procede with stock intake?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe N55

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
I think when you start modding a car to make it go faster you almost always sacrafice at least a tiny bit of drivability in the process
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Just to let you know, there is a user adjustable that sets the pedal position at which the Procede starts to ramp up boost from stock. It is set aggressively in the default maps as most people are looking for a car that jumps on the throttle and "feels" tuned, but it is individually settable for map 1 and map 2, and can be set to run stock boost until say 60% pedal position and then ramp up boost to the set point from 60-100%. This dramatically smooths out the drivability while still having the power at full throttle. Of course the user can also choose to switch to stock mode (map 0) when driving around town, and it only takes about 2 seconds to change to a performance mode using the cruise stalk. The new V5 which is about to be released also remembers the last autotune settings for a map rather than resetting, so you lose nothing in Autotune by changing to stock or NA map for city driving.

So Procede is full of options including options to make it drive smooth like stock when you want it and super responsive when you prefer that.

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #11
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Just to let you know, there is a user adjustable that sets the pedal position at which the Procede starts to ramp up boost from stock. It is set aggressively in the default maps as most people are looking for a car that jumps on the throttle and "feels" tuned, but it is individually settable for map 1 and map 2, and can be set to run stock boost until say 60% pedal position and then ramp up boost to the set point from 60-100%. This dramatically smooths out the drivability while still having the power at full throttle. Of course the user can also choose to switch to stock mode (map 0) when driving around town, and it only takes about 2 seconds to change to a performance mode using the cruise stalk. The new V5 which is about to be released also remembers the last autotune settings for a map rather than resetting, so you lose nothing in Autotune by changing to stock or NA map for city driving.

So Procede is full of options including options to make it drive smooth like stock when you want it and super responsive when you prefer that.

Adrian
Adrian, I must get my hands on the V5 software! The competition mode ESP and NA mode are very interesting.

OP, I also went back to stock yesterday, PROcede, intakes and golf-tee all taken out in preparation for some warranty work. I must say, the PROcede is very easy to put in/take out with the instructional video playing in the background.

Frankly, my car SUCKS now. It's slow and there are no loud noises coming from the engine bay.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Adrian, I must get my hands on the V5 software! The competition mode ESP and NA mode are very interesting.

OP, I also went back to stock yesterday, PROcede, intakes and golf-tee all taken out in preparation for some warranty work. I must say, the PROcede is very easy to put in/take out with the instructional video playing in the background.

Frankly, my car SUCKS now. It's slow and there are no loud noises coming from the engine bay.
You took out the golf tee for warranty work? Lol how anal is your BMW dealership?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #13
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey I agree.. its soooooooooooo BORING.. it feels SO slow in comparison..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #14
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
You took out the golf tee for warranty work? Lol how anal is your BMW dealership?
Who is your dealer Jeef?? I never take any mods off for service or warranty..Hell, I just had my car serviced again and its catless through the midpipes..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #15
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Jeer, aren't you concerned that the dealer will look here and know you had the Procede installed? And if they don't really care, then why take it out?
      12-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #16
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Last time I went in with warranty work without bothering to take any mods off - my SA commented on how cool my BMS DCIs looked

However, this time I might have more serious problems, so best to do everything. He did say it was best to remove everything before going in again just to make things easier if they needed to report the issue higher up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Who is your dealer Jeef?? I never take any mods off for service or warranty..Hell, I just had my car serviced again and its catless through the midpipes..
Probably best to no disclose this per BMWRX's point They're a great bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
Jeer, aren't you concerned that the dealer will look here and know you had the Procede installed? And if they don't really care, then why take it out?
Like I said, they care to the extent that it doesn't cause THEM any issues if the problem needs to be reported to Germany. Hence my reason for taking everything out.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #17
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Last time I went in with warranty work without bothering to take any mods off - my SA commented on how cool my BMS DCIs looked

However, this time I might have more serious problems, so best to do everything. He did say it was best to remove everything before going in again just to make things easier if they needed to report the issue higher up.

Probably best to no disclose this per BMWRX's point They're a great bunch.

Like I said, they care to the extent that it doesn't cause THEM any issues if the problem needs to be reported to Germany. Hence my reason for taking everything out.
Agreed, better to be safe than sorry. What's it going in for?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #18
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, better to be safe than sorry. What's it going in for?
Yeh, last time it was just in for a failed driver side window motor. When they popped the hood for an ECU update, he saw the intakes. He said that was fine and didn't write anything down, but mentioned that it was best to return to stock if there was serious work that required a formal report.

If you look at the other thread I have on this forum, you can see the issue I'm having with my turbos.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 02:24 AM   #19
ozzie135i
Private First Class
Rep

2 days in and I am forgetting how fast the procede was and feeling comfortable with stock..

Ignorance is bliss..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #20
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I don't notice any problem drivability wise with a tune. It just has more power. The difference of when it comes on compared to stock isn't a lot.

Unless you drive around in 3k rpm and above all the time there shouldn't really be an issue?
Appreciate 0