BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
The weight is EU weight, which includes driver, fuel and luggage. The 1M is actually lighter/similar to the 135i.
Sounds like I need to read more carefully. Still, 1485kg isn't a featherweight. Valencia and CF roof would look TITS.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #24
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Reminds me a bit of how you could buy a WRX and, for less money overall than an STi, tune it to have a car that handles, brakes and goes better (and also minus the pram-handle rear spoiler which I never liked). In the interest of fairness you do miss out on some few extra tricks like the adjustable differential and the more aggressive bodykit.

Likewise, I'm not willing to part with the extra dough for this car, it's not going to translate into a great deal more "Joy" for me, my 135i is perfect for me right now.
I agree with your points Matty. I've brought up the wrx v sti comparison before too. The Sti is better all round but if you don't mind giving up a bit of time to research and modify, the wrx is a much more economical option. The disadvantage is warranty is gone, you will never make your money back and ultimately it's a risk you take on your part. The upside is you have something completely custom so you don't see them around everywhere, you know what's been done to it and what it's capable of, oh and it's a lot cheaper.

The standout features on the 1M to me are the widebody kit, quad exhaust and LSD.

My tyres, wheels and performance rotors look very similar to the 1M already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
THREE gripes so far. 0 to 100 in 4.9 secs. LAME... NO SUNROOF AND MANUAL SEATS.. My heavy vert is quicker than that.
Lol, your 135i vert is already quicker than the 1M so you'll have to modify it to close the gap. I read somewhere that BMW were possibly coming out with an 1M vert though?

Basically you will be paying more for a slower coupe version of what you are already driving. Doesn't make sense to me if you already own a 135i. If you were on the market today for a new car it's a different story though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Valencia Orange is DEFINITELY the colour to go for if I got this car. BSM or AW are just too boring for it.

Have you seen this pshop in Black, OMFG it looks nice... (post #126)

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=463733&page=6
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #26
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Lol, your 135i vert is already quicker than the 1M so you'll have to modify it to close the gap. I read somewhere that BMW were possibly coming out with an 1M vert though?

Basically you will be paying more for a slower coupe version of what you are already driving. Doesn't make sense to me if you already own a 135i. If you were on the market today for a new car it's a different story though.
I shouldnt be too surprised about the performance of the 1M.. We all knew it would be in the vicinity of what has been leaked out in the past..

The thing is, NONE OF US REALY WANTED TO BELIEVE IT..

Would of loved to have a sun roof option..

Still, I have my deposit down with the dealer for my VA 1M.. The clincher will be what BMW Australia decides to slug us for it..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:

Still, I have my deposit down with the dealer for my VA 1M.. The clincher will be what BMW Australia decides to slug us for it..
As far as pricing goes Zuzu, I'm sure they'll be right behind you...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
As far as pricing goes Zuzu, I'm sure they'll be right behind you...
Ha.. You are right there Matty.. They will have us well and truly bent over the proverbial barrell..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #29
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
ok...i have to vent 1thing..... manual seats??????????????????????????? WTF????????????????????????
I will be surprise to see the Aus spec have manual seats. It would be marketed to be top of the range 1er, instead of a bottom of the Ms.

Quote:
The weight is EU weight, which includes driver, fuel and luggage. The 1M is actually lighter/similar to the 135i.
EU weight for 135i is 1540kg so that's pretty close. I was hoping for a better front/real ratio, but I guess it can't be perfect. Put it this way, it is only 30kg heavier - which is pretty good for a M car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Have you seen this pshop in Black, OMFG it looks nice... (post #126)

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=463733&page=6
Made me have second thoughts on the orange --> besides, not many people will know I have changed my car if I kept it black :lol

Quote:
Ha.. You are right there Matty.. They will have us well and truly bent over the proverbial barrell..
To be honest, it has the same engine from the z4iS. I really think this car should be called a 135M. I think it comes down to price now - how much is the M bits worth? Looks to me the next gen 1M will be much more insane - more power with a lighter package.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #30
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I think you guys are underestimating the ability of M to turn the car into a fantastic little car. There was never ever any issue with the engine, it was things like cooling, wooly handling at the limit, ubdersteering, so so brakes, and grip level that was the issue. I spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to fix all that, but this is better!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #31
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I think you guys are underestimating the ability of M to turn the car into a fantastic little car. There was never ever any issue with the engine, it was things like cooling, wooly handling at the limit, ubdersteering, so so brakes, and grip level that was the issue. I spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to fix all that, but this is better!
True, but you spent that money to make it raceable on the track. Most buyers of the 1M won't be regularly tracking our M cars. This car has to be a daily driver for me, so the difference between my 135i and a 1M is not all that much.

I think if you are coming from another car/brand then the 1M is a good proposition, but coming from a 135 a lot of people will struggle to cough up the extra $$$
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #32
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
True, but you spent that money to make it raceable on the track. Most buyers of the 1M won't be regularly tracking our M cars. This car has to be a daily driver for me, so the difference between my 135i and a 1M is not all that much.

I think if you are coming from another car/brand then the 1M is a good proposition, but coming from a 135 a lot of people will struggle to cough up the extra $$$

Agree, those who are looking at a TTRS, RS3, a Boxster, Cayman, 335i or a 2-3 year old M3... There are many potential buyers here, in my opinion, that want a performance car or just want a change from their current Brand/Models. Remember, IF this car is as reported limited to 100 cars then it has the potential in the long term to be the resale champ and the first and last 6 cylinder Turbo 1M (or M2 so they say the next gen will be).

I would rather pay a premium for a car with the go (not significatly more) and handling that a 1M will offer out of the box than spend money on upgrades that a) decrease resale values of the car and b)cost money nett out of my pocket and c)are not tax deductable (typically). Yes there is also the cachet that comes with an M badge, which I appreciate and like. (did I mention the pumped guards and 19's that fit with 265s on the rear )
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #33
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Agree, those who are looking at a TTRS, RS3, a Boxster, Cayman, 335i or a 2-3 year old M3... There are many potential buyers here, in my opinion, that want a performance car or just want a change from their current Brand/Models. Remember, IF this car is as reported limited to 100 cars then it has the potential in the long term to be the resale champ and the first and last 6 cylinder Turbo 1M (or M2 so they say the next gen will be).

I would rather pay a premium for a car with the go (not significatly more) and handling that a 1M will offer out of the box than spend money on upgrades that a) decrease resale values of the car and b)cost money nett out of my pocket and c)are not tax deductable (typically). Yes there is also the cachet that comes with an M badge, which I appreciate and like. (did I mention the pumped guards and 19's that fit with 265s on the rear )
Pretty much beautifully sums it up as far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #34
Lima
vorsprung durch technik
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY10 Audi S3

Quote:
Agree, those who are looking at a TTRS, RS3, a Boxster, Cayman...
...don't forget the 370Z.

http://ausm.tv/3y
      12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #35
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
...don't forget the 370Z.

http://ausm.tv/3y
In your dreams. I didn't even consider it when I bought a 135i, I definitely wouldn't now, even with such a price advantage. Seriously, will anyone shop a Z against 1M/TTS/TTRS/RS3/Cayman S? hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
In your dreams. I didn't even consider it when I bought a 135i, I definitely wouldn't now, even with such a price advantage. Seriously, will anyone shop a Z against 1M/TTS/TTRS/RS3/Cayman S? hahahaha
I certainly considered the Z before I bought my 135. Not sure against a 1M though?
      12-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #37
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I certainly considered the Z before I bought my 135. Not sure against a 1M though?
Fair point Tim when buying in the 135i price point.

Must admit I did have a 350z Track, from the first batch back in ....05ish I think.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #38
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

BMW Australia wrote
"There will be approximately 100 units coming to Australia from mid-2011. It will only be available in three colours: Alpine White, Black Sapphire Metallic and Valencia Orange Metallic (exclusive for the 1 Series M). Price is still to be confirmed.
@Alvin, at this time we have no word about a CSL version."
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #39
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Yeah BMW sent a communication to all their dealers about 2 weeks ago that there will only be about 100 units. Coincidentally, Audi is saying the same thing about RS3.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #40
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Yeah BMW sent a communication to all their dealers about 2 weeks ago that there will only be about 100 units. Coincidentally, Audi is saying the same thing about RS3.
That's if and WHEN the RS3 comes to Oz..

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...078#post261078
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #41
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

BMW Australia has started marketing the 1M on their website..

http://bmw.com.au/com/en/insights/ne...s-m-coupe.html
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 02:19 AM   #42
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
BMW Australia has started marketing the 1M on their website..

http://bmw.com.au/com/en/insights/ne...s-m-coupe.html

Thanks Zuzu.

What I want is pricing, yeh whilst on this subject I am peeved that there will be so many cost options. We usually get fully specificed M cars in Aus. Looks like they are going to have a low RRP but kill you with options so they are competitve price wise at RRP against it's competitors, al la E90 M3. Ba5tards!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #43
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I'd rather the entry level be cheap and pay for options... Usually the only option I look into is the Nav...
Appreciate 0