08-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
flavush
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: AW F31 335i xDrive

Akrapovic Slip-On + Wireless Kit + N55 Mids

Hi Folks

Yesterday I've heard an Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust with Wireless Kit.
It sounds louder than the stock exhaust, but not as loud and nice as the evolution exhaust system. (Will Upload my Videos as soon as possible)

Has someone of you some experience with the following configuration?

Akrapovic Slip-On + Wireless Kit + N55 Mids

Does it sound as loud and nice as the Evolution exhaust system?
Any Videos?
I've found only 2 Videos on Youtube, but unfortunately in bad quality.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Flavush
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

I'd say Berk or Maddad would produce the most reminiscent sound of the evo exhaust when combined with slip-on.

The character of the mufflers resemble the ones on the evo system more on the Berk and Maddad. The N55 muffler resembles stock a lot more.

Only guessing though.
Drove: 2014 M5 Competition Package, 2012 1M, 2010 GT-R
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
flavush
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: AW F31 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-emm View Post
I'd say Berk or Maddad would produce the most reminiscent sound of the evo exhaust when combined with slip-on.

The character of the mufflers resemble the ones on the evo system more on the Berk and Maddad. The N55 muffler resembles stock a lot more.

Only guessing though.
Thank you for your reply.

The problem in Switzerland is the Police
When I use the N55 Midpipe, they will newer think, that this isn't stock.

If I have an aftermarket midpipe, they will notice that and give me a fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Hey buddy,

I live in Switzerland, I have the n55 + wireless + Akra slip-ons and trust me with the valve open it is plenty loud!

You shouldn't risk putting anything else than n55 midpipes because it will cost you dearly if you get caught! For the price difference (CHF 2500.- more for Akra midpipe vs N55) and the risk of getting your akra midpipe confiscated and having to pay the hefty fine, and the sliiighlty louder better sound because of the lack of any cat (N55 has the first cats still present versus the 2 on the N54) it's definitely not worth going any other way than N55 + Wireless Kit + Slip ons in Switzerland!

There's my 2 cents! Where do you live in Switzerland? We could meet once if you want to check out my setup! (And I can get you a good price fully installed ;-) )
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Sounds good. I'm completely on-board with the N55 midpipe idea, but i'm still searching for a cheaper alternative to a good sounding muffler.
      08-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
100% worth it to get the Akras with wireless kit. It's amazing to be able to switch from regular to full on race-car-blast-your-head-off! Plus I'm not getting any more drone with my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
Sounds good. I'm completely on-board with the N55 midpipe idea, but i'm still searching for a cheaper alternative to a good sounding muffler.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
danstel
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M

facing the same issues as you guys with the police...gotten my n55 mids...awaiting installation followed by getting the akra slip-on...
      08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Hey buddy,

I live in Switzerland, I have the n55 + wireless + Akra slip-ons and trust me with the valve open it is plenty loud!

You shouldn't risk putting anything else than n55 midpipes because it will cost you dearly if you get caught! For the price difference (CHF 2500.- more for Akra midpipe vs N55) and the risk of getting your akra midpipe confiscated and having to pay the hefty fine, and the sliiighlty louder better sound because of the lack of any cat (N55 has the first cats still present versus the 2 on the N54) it's definitely not worth going any other way than N55 + Wireless Kit + Slip ons in Switzerland!

There's my 2 cents! Where do you live in Switzerland? We could meet once if you want to check out my setup! (And I can get you a good price fully installed ;-) )
Wait, you mean police can actually CONFISCATE your exhaust? WTF?! Say it ain't so, I had a prior high regard for CH!

PS: I am running MadDad with Slip-On plus valves. When closed, it actually isn't all that much louder than stock (but drone is gone!), but when it is open it can get loudish, in a good way of course. Like all exhausts, it opens up further after a few K miles.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
///MbmC
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1 series M coupe Alpine White

The first vid is me, and I believe you PM'd me too. Forgot to reply! Sorry!

But having heard an Evo system compared to the N55 mids and Akra Slip-on combo, I didn't think it was worth the price. And plus the fact that Evo cannot be obtained legally where I live. The Slip-Ons can. What happens the the wireless kit and N55 mids is not a story for the forums
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Yep, it's expensive to F with the 5-0 in Switzerland .

Very happy with my N55 though - and it's already much lighter than the stock N54 - price difference is too great to justify the titanium Akras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Wait, you mean police can actually CONFISCATE your exhaust? WTF?! Say it ain't so, I had a prior high regard for CH!

PS: I am running MadDad with Slip-On plus valves. When closed, it actually isn't all that much louder than stock (but drone is gone!), but when it is open it can get loudish, in a good way of course. Like all exhausts, it opens up further after a few K miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
danstel
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M

just got my n55 mids up today..can feel less drone (kinda miss it)...but doesnt feel much difference with the power..somehow less drone psychologically made it less power..does the mids need to be run in to feel a difference??
      08-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
ifini
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstel View Post
just got my n55 mids up today..can feel less drone (kinda miss it)...but doesnt feel much difference with the power..somehow less drone psychologically made it less power..does the mids need to be run in to feel a difference??
I am running N55 mids for about 6 months and it does not really make that much of a difference in hp if you ask me. It makes less drone for sure.

Are you thinking of Akra slip ons? I am as well. Just procrastinating lol. Am from SG as well
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

I just installed a N55 mid and Akrapovic slip on an wireless kit. The sound with valve open is amazing ! Closed is similar to stock with a slightly lower tone less the drone. Drone is completely gone!
The only down side, there is a slight fuel smell when waiting at trafic light with windows open
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Thank you for your reply.

The problem in Switzerland is the Police
When I use the N55 Midpipe, they will newer think, that this isn't stock.

If I have an aftermarket midpipe, they will notice that and give me a fine.
that's why you have the wireless valvetronic..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #15
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

wow the akrapovic + n55 + downpipe and valve open is just brutal man..!! i love it!!!
nice video..
Appreciate 0