BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
kgaler
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

P3cars V2 Digital Interface

I just received my P3cars V2 and it looks nice. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with install instructions and they aren't yet available in the web site. Also, I wasn't able to find a phone number on the web site.

Anybody know how to install this thing? I've searched and found a thread that says "simply remove the vent".... Well, I tried to simply remove it for about 45 min and gave up. Even with trim tools I can't get it to come out.

Also, I thought it got the boost information from the CAN port but it came with what looks like a pressure sensor. I think I'm suppose to tap somewhere to get a real boost reading but.... it's hard to tell without instructions. All it came with was a piece of paper saying to go to the web site for the instructions and the web site says "Coming Soon!!". :-)

I've tried emailing them in the past but never got a response so any help would be appreciated.

Ken
      06-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

You can look at the files here for the v1 install:

http://www.rixeffects.com/files/

You should be able to follow the wiring diagram docs to see which wires will supply the power (and the optional auto dimming feature). Follow the 135ivg_install.pdf for the rest. The only diff is you will plug have an ODBII connector to plug in. You should be able to figuire that out though.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
kgaler
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Thanks a lot!!! That should do it.

:-)
Ken