BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
chopper817
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: SOLD : 2011 135i

Without sealing off the filter from the hot engine bay, how is this going to be beneficial? Isn't it just going to suck in out air from around the stock air box bottom?
      05-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
JSavela
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
Got mine today and installed it.

My only complaint is I wish there was something holding it in place, with it just flopping about ontop of the remains of the airbox and what ever else it is rubbing against isn't ideal in my eyes.

I notice a big difference in what I can hear. Now I can hear the turbo spool up, and kind of a silent fart sound when you let off the accelerator. That is the extent of it, I thought I would hear an audible suction of air when I stab the throttle like I could in my last car I put an intake on, but not the case.

The first time I started the car up with the intake installed it had a rough idle, but leveled out in about 30 seconds or so.

I am curious if others have the same experience as me in terms of what you can hear since installation.
I got mine installed over the weekend. I also don't get any type of air suction sound like I have noticed with intakes on other vehicles I've owned. The turbo spooling sound is very noticeable at part throttle and in low gears. What I find most strange is how the spooling sound abruptly stops during normal acceleration. Every other turbo car I've owned had a distinct spooling sound that increased with throttle input and RPM as the boost pressure built up. This car is not that way at all. Under hard acceleration and in higher gears, the spooling is barely noticeable. The big difference I noticed was the BOV type air wooshing sound when letting off the throttle at any point.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
ipitythefoo
III II VIII XI
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi Sport Line

I also installed the BMS N55 intake and did anyone of you have trouble using the steel clamp to hold the intake in place? (where the BMS intake connects to the factor hose)

I opened my hood 2 days later after normal driving and I found out the clamp was out of place. And yes, it bothers me a bit when the intake is just moving freely....