BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Anyone tried Stabil 360?

I'm considering using Stabil 360 to treat my fuel, both to prevent any future problems related to using fuel with ethonol in it and as a stabilizer since I don't drive the car very often. Anyone tried this new product yet? It is supposed to treat the entire fuel system with a vapor. Another question I had is whether the 1M uses a plastic fuel tank. If it does, perhaps the vapor treatment is not necessary and regular Stabil would be sufficient. I'm a bit hesitant to try a product that hasn't been on the market a long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Worth a shot if you don't drive it often, that's where ethanol hurts the most. I presume you are in a state where you can't get gas sans the corn? Check out pure-gas.org as there is no additive to replicate the real thing. When I lived in Illinois, I was SOL...but in MN, ethanol free premium is somewhat ubiquitous, relatively speaking. It comes at the expense of Octane (91 vs. 93 at my local BP), but when I store my car over the winter, it's a no brainer to get the pure stuff in there along with a stabilizer.
      03-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu
Worth a shot if you don't drive it often, that's where ethanol hurts the most. I presume you are in a state where you can't get gas sans the corn? Check out pure-gas.org as there is no additive to replicate the real thing. When I lived in Illinois, I was SOL...but in MN, ethanol free premium is somewhat ubiquitous, relatively speaking. It comes at the expense of Octane (91 vs. 93 at my local BP), but when I store my car over the winter, it's a no brainer to get the pure stuff in there along with a stabilizer.
Can't find ethanol-free gas here in DC.
Appreciate 0