BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #45
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Well, technically i live in perinton, but I am walking distance from Fairport Village.

Im lovin this car so far. so fast
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #46
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

You still going to do the black on black? Would be pretty nice.

Montego/ Coral 135i

"Progress not Perfection"
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
chorn
Rep
Drives:

I havent decided if I want to tint them. I had so many problems with police with my 330 that I might do without this time.

Probably helps that I have a front plate this time too. (my 330 didnt) I bought it in PA and it didnt have the bracket so I just never put it on cuz it looks so much better without it. Got tons of warnings about it and got a ticket 2 times, (200 bux each)

I got pulled over in macedon about 2 months ago and the cop had a hard on for me and lectured me about the tints. he was the most arrogant cop I have ever encountered, He pulled me over literally 10 feet from the sign where the speed limit changed from 50to 35, at 49mph. I was literally slowing down not even driving fast.

So long way to say maybe I will get less negative police attention if I dont tint the windows this time I also like how the red seats look from the outside of the car, if I tint them .. it wont be visible.

Only mod I have planned in the near future is a sub, just a small one, nothign that will shake house windows, but the car doesnt have premium sound and a sub would push it up to that level for me. I had a 10" really small box in my 330 and it was perfect. You couldnt even tell there was added bass outside of the car but had a really nice full sound inside.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #48
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

I hear ya on the cop thing when I did my undergrad at UB I got messed with way too much about tints. Im going to keep it legal with the new car, giving away money for tickets isnt my thing. Have fun with your car, Ill check in with you guys when I get back from ATL.

Happy 4th!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #49
BigBlue
Proud Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i Coupe

ENJOY!!! I'll be on the lookout for your 135i this week. I'm traveling back home to Fairport to see the family.
      07-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #50
chorn
Rep
Drives:

I still have yet to see one of these on the road in Rochester. There cant be many of them. Lots of the 3 series now all over the place. But still no 1s.

The day I went in to sign the papers for mine, there was a black on black 135 waiting to get picked up. but now that I have had mine for a few days the red seats are beginning to grow on me.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #51
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Aside from the Montego coupe I saw on Alexander St. last week, and the AW on red 135i 'vert I saw in Baltimore on the 495 on Saturday, I have yet to see another 1, too. Besides mine, of course! Where are you guys??

I have already been pulled over once (on the on-ramp to 590 at Browncroft), so the cop could check out the car and tell me how much he liked it. No ticket. He didn't even notice I have no front license plate, or if he did, he ignored it!

Have fun in ATL, EDUC8ED, and Happy 4th!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #52
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaGurl View Post
Aside from the Montego coupe I saw on Alexander St. last week, and the AW on red 135i 'vert I saw in Baltimore on the 495 on Saturday, I have yet to see another 1, too. Besides mine, of course! Where are you guys?? >snip<
Well ours is still on a boat headed towards some Southern port and then onto a truck. With some luck we'll have it around July 20th.

I was considering not using a front plate as I really don't want those holes drilled in the bumper. I didn't use one for the first year or so on our last car but finally got sick of the heebie jeebies every time I saw a cruiser and finally drilled the holes.

I was leaning towards getting one of these but holes still need to be drilled (on the bottom of the bumper), but ultimately bought this solution instead:

Not really the most attractive but no drilling involved and can be removed / reinstalled at will. We'll be taking a trip out West later this Summer so off with plate once we exit NY.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #53
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

OK, so who has the JB on red 135i coupe I saw on 490W near/at the Penfield exit about an hour ago? I tapped the horn, you looked, we acknowledged each other...are you here? My 2nd 1-er spotted in Roch.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #54
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

So im here in ATL and I did not see a 1 the whole trip here and while I have been here for almost a week. I havent seen one at home either, I want to see the car rolling so I'll get an idea of how mine will look!!

Anyway Im leaving tomorrow, getting back monday! Ill talk with you guys/gals later.

Rasta Gurl.....did you get your car back yet??

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #55
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUC8ED View Post
So im here in ATL and I did not see a 1 the whole trip here and while I have been here for almost a week. I havent seen one at home either, I want to see the car rolling so I'll get an idea of how mine will look!!

Anyway Im leaving tomorrow, getting back monday! Ill talk with you guys/gals later.

Rasta Gurl.....did you get your car back yet??
Holtz's body shop couldn't get me in until the 21st, so I still have her...for now....at least it gives me some time to install the CF diffuser. Have fun in ATL and have a safe trip back!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #56
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
OK, so who has the JB on red 135i coupe I saw on 490W near/at the Penfield exit about an hour ago? I tapped the horn, you looked, we acknowledged each other...are you here? My 2nd 1-er spotted in Roch.
That was me

I had my music way up so I didnt hear the horn, but I saw you last second getting off the exit. Nice car !!

thats the first time I have ever seen another 1 on the road .
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #57
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorn View Post
That was me

I had my music way up so I didnt hear the horn, but I saw you last second getting off the exit. Nice car !!

thats the first time I have ever seen another 1 on the road .
Cool! You're here!! When I saw your car, I accelerated like crazy to catch up!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #58
imported_Dan
Rep
Drives:

1 Book

Recieved my copy of the 1 Book today. It has the same VIN number as your car. Really great articles and background. There is even a few pages at the back for a journal of your 1 activities. I've had my 135 for a couple of months now and still haven't seen another 1 on the road. I live near the Wayne/Monroe County line. I'm going to Mosport with the GVC-BMWCCA in a couple of weeks. I'll post how the car performs when I get back.:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #59
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

That's awesome!! :thumbup: I'm still waiting. I picked my car up on May 29th. When did you get yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Recieved my copy of the 1 Book today. It has the same VIN number as your car. Really great articles and background. There is even a few pages at the back for a journal of your 1 activities. I've had my 135 for a couple of months now and still haven't seen another 1 on the road. I live near the Wayne/Monroe County line. I'm going to Mosport with the GVC-BMWCCA in a couple of weeks. I'll post how the car performs when I get back.:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #60
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys im finally back in Rochester after traveling 15 hours from ATL!!! Had a lot of fun ate tons and spent time with the fam. I also saw Hancock, if you havent seen it go now!

Anyway good to hear all is well here, im set to get my car in Cleveland on saturday and going to stay overnight. They installed the performance exhaust and the car is at their local Ziebart getting the tint, clear bra, and paint protection.

So sometime sunday afternoon you may see me cruising around town! Cant wait....we have to do a meet maybe late this month when Pamlico gets his car or late August?? First two weekends in August im booked with going to Chicago then my sister is getting married. But maybe we can start planning something.

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #61
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We're breaking in the car with a drive to / from New Mexico leaving around Aug. 10 returning around the 29th. but a get together is a great idea if we can work schedules.

I'm hoping to stop by the Tint Shop tomorrow AM to get a quote for the rear windows.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #62
imported_Dan
Rep
Drives:

get together

The local chapter of the BMWCCA is hosting an autocross August 10 at RIT. Could be a chance to get together. The previous event they had at RIT was quite an open course. I went over and watched for awhile but didn't enter. I believe that there is a vintage weekend at Watkins Glen Sept 7. Could be another tentative get together date.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #63
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Chorn.....I think I saw you on 590 today around 12:30?? I was going south you were going north. Saw you coming a mile away....props!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #64
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
We're breaking in the car with a drive to / from New Mexico leaving around Aug. 10 returning around the 29th. but a get together is a great idea if we can work schedules.

I'm hoping to stop by the Tint Shop tomorrow AM to get a quote for the rear windows.
What color is your car, can you post some pics if you get them tinted. I have debated the idea in my head, so far I am leaning towards not doing it, But my last 2 cars had tints.

Quote:
Hey Chorn.....I think I saw you on 590 today around 12:30?? I was going south you were going north. Saw you coming a mile away....props!
Could be, I am on 590 all the time.

I have 900 miles on my car, and I already have a chip in my hood very small one but its a chip none the less. O well, happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #65
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We're getting Alpine White. The last few cars have all been a darker color and I end up obsessing about swirls, polishing, etc. White will hopefully let me enjoy the car and stop spending hours every weekend cleaning it. My lawn will thank me as well.

I stopped off at the Tint Shop yesterday AM. Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age, but I don't want to drop a few hundred $ on 3 small pieces of tinted plastic.

Got the word this morning that the car is expected at Holtz tomorrow, so all is looking good.

Sorry to hear about the little chip. I was concerned about the same thing happening when we take our trip, especially when driving through desert areas, so I've ordered a traditional bra to put on for the drive. It's not the most attractive thing - in fact pretty unattractive - but I don't like the clear bras. This thing will also keep bugs from getting into the radiator, etc. Won't use it for local driving and will have to live with the risk of chips.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #66
chorn
Rep
Drives:

well, chips are inevitable. Sometimes you can get lucky and not get them for a couple years.

My 330ci was metallic black as well .. Its hard to keep clean, I try to clean it myself as much as I can but theres a carwash near my house I frequent a bit too much.

Someone told me my 330 had swirls .. I couldnt figure out what they were even talking about , looked fine to me hah so I guess Im not as obsessive about it

Tint shop put in the tins on my 330, I remember it being more than I expected to pay, but they did a decent job and the tint was very high quality. Even after a couple years it still looked new.
Appreciate 0