BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

OK folks, something nice and strange happened today. I checked messages in Office on the iDrive and I saw all my new emails and SMS displayed. Funny thing is when I came back to the car later and while not all my new emails have been read, they weren't there anymore.

Just in case you think I was hallucinating, here is the photo to prove it. OK, anyone know how this should be working every time new email / SMS comes through? Please tell how, surely mine is not the first one seeing email on the iDrive with the latest update. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Hey mate,

I've not tested it since doing the update but my understanding is you only get NEW sms/emails displayed on iDrive as they come in after you've paired up to the car and your phone is on standby (ie black screen on iphones).
So even though you have un-open (un-read) sms/emails on your phone, unless they arrived while you were in the car (the 2nd time round) you won't get them on idrive.

Hope this makes sense, in summary it only displays new messages that have just arrived while you've been driving.

I'll see if I can get emails on mine tomorrow.
Cheers
Ian
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #25
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

I don't think I've ever had lane guidance on my satnav :O

Thanks for the link Quang, but seems like a bit much for just those features lol.

Mine is also a 2012 model, but SMS' don't come up pre-update.
Appreciate 0