BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #23
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthebeans View Post
not to mention the amplifier in the trunk would also be labeled HK.
I don't have that...either
      11-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
Tommytheduck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i - Black, 6 spd, Sport

Without going down and checking I'm betting my car is also a Pre 9/10. Based on the incredibly stupid stereo unit and the terrible speakers.

Has anyone else had trouble with their TPMS's? I've twice had the system tell me that all 4 tires were low. Of course I checked them and they were fine, but it took a trip to the dealer to reset it both times. Free carwashes are nice, but not worth the time and effort. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytheduck View Post
Without going down and checking I'm betting my car is also a Pre 9/10. Based on the incredibly stupid stereo unit and the terrible speakers.

Has anyone else had trouble with their TPMS's? I've twice had the system tell me that all 4 tires were low. Of course I checked them and they were fine, but it took a trip to the dealer to reset it both times. Free carwashes are nice, but not worth the time and effort. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Very typical of TPMS. When weather gets colder, measures lower psi. or you really lose psi.
      11-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

The one time my TPMS went off, I did not go to the dealer. I think it reset itself after I aired the tires up. I don't understand why this would require a trip to the dealer.

Jim
      11-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #27
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytheduck

It's from the weather changes. You might be on the verge of having low pressure and topping off will correct it. If you have membership though, get your tires filled with nitrogen next time you're shopping at Costco. They'll do it for free. Pressure level changes and leaks are much slower with it. Haven't had a problem in either of my BMWs or my girlfriend's X3 since we've been getting them filled with nitrogen at Costco.
Appreciate 0