BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #23
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
That's it?

You see this is my problem. I give you good advice about how to deal with the crappy handling of your car that will never be a good track car and all you want to talk about is the videos you produce! "we paid a lot of money to hear that shit" lol This is the most vain forum. You guys would rather talk about what watch you wear when you drive or what should your personalized license plate say while you look at yourself in the reflections of windows as you drive down the strip than anything that will actually better yourself. Oh! I got the mod bug again. Lets go drop some parts in my car and then try them out at the track so i feel like i got my money's worth. Also so i can put it in my signature on the forum, the guys love that. BMWs have always been the choice ride of yuppies and this forum continues that tradition. They should change this subforum to be called Boy Racers and Their Expensive Toys. Posers and back markers welcome.
okaaay, where you waiting for a thanks or some kind of affirmation? apparently someone needs his coffee this morning! like I said I welcome constructive criticism but beyond that you're just asking for a stupid argument. thought this was already settled but apparently not. if you don't have anything more positive to contribute to this conversation then please move on while we're still in relative good terms.
      09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #24
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Actually some good advice but as I heard as a child "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" I actually prefer a car that pushes on track (read safer) as mentioned by purple, just have to trail brake a bit on turn in or maybe even turn in a bit earlier. It's a hobby for most not a profession, my goal is fun and yes lap times are part of that, but lighten up Francis :
      09-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #25
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Actually some good advice but as I heard as a child "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" I actually prefer a car that pushes on track (read safer) as mentioned by purple, just have to trail brake a bit on turn in or maybe even turn in a bit earlier. It's a hobby for most not a profession, my goal is fun and yes lap times are part of that, but lighten up Francis :
I agree with the good advise but the rest of the judgmental commentary i can do without. car definitely started pushing again this year going back to the staggered setup and dialing in more camber didn't help much.
      09-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #26
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Okay guys here's my video as you requested.

No wait, this video is about you.
oh wow how long did you spend on the internets to find this video? I feel pity for those poor bastards that have to put up with you on a daily basis. I am sure if I cared to listen and learn what happened when you were a kid I would understand but honestly I couldn't give a rats ass. so I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself and crawl back into the hole you came from buddy.
      09-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #27
gwhiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible/M Sport

Being an outsider and watching this conversation/argument unfold, I can clearly see both sides and where you both are coming from but I just have to say that that video was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I couldn't stop laughing, thanks!
      09-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
You never seen this video before? It is a classic. There is a sequel also on youtube which is much funnier but way more agro.
ok chief. will definitely look it up
      09-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #29
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Purple Derple...the troll of the track section.
      09-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
Splinterz88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.86]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
RTR PCA is great but two things:

(1) They require tech inspection by a shop. Most shops will do it for free. I doubt that RRT would charge you for that, but you can also email TrackDaze and ask them to recommend a shop. That was how I got hooked up with Induktion.

(2) RTR PCA will put you in novice group your first time with them unless someone they approve will send them an email vouching for you. It might have to be another PCA chapter - I don't know.
Pixelblue it was nice to meet you at the Glen. I have a few ideas and some answers now.

As for PCA RTR I may attend that event as well. I consider RTR my preffered PCA group to run with.

In repsonse to qouted setions:
1) Make sure you use the RTR tech form and get a reciept from the shop doing the inspection. If they see the tech from completed by a shop that is not one of their approved shops( Philadelphia Area) they will ask for the reciept.

2) Have you're home club Cheif Instructor send their registrar an email. Even if not, you'll run in the novice group for one session and then they should bump you up to blue or white run group.
#446 of 740
Appreciate 0