BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Where Can I get BC Coilovers?

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a set of BC Coilovers for a good price? Tried looking in the vendor section but all I saw were threads for ST and KW. Your help is appreciated thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Why would you want that crap?
      08-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Curare86
Captain
Rep

PM Justin or Skycat from advan in the aussie forums. they supply Australia but I'm sure they could sort you out with something
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Why would you want that crap?
Why are they crap? Because they are not KW? They come with camber plates, they are adjustable, I can get them with Swift Springs, and for under 1200 bucks. My friend has them in his evo and they ride fine, they should be fine for everyday use and if they aren't i'll try something else. I just want to firm up the ride and be able to lower the car when I get wheels for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
PM Justin or Skycat from advan in the aussie forums. they supply Australia but I'm sure they could sort you out with something
I'll check them out thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_man View Post
Why are they crap? Because they are not KW? They come with camber plates, they are adjustable, I can get them with Swift Springs, and for under 1200 bucks. My friend has them in his evo and they ride fine, they should be fine for everyday use and if they aren't i'll try something else. I just want to firm up the ride and be able to lower the car when I get wheels for it.
KW are for people who want to slam their car, BC is for people who want to say they have coilovers. There is a reason they are so cheap, China. Don't expect development, performance, or longevity.

08-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
bwahhaahha

such shit. but they have camber tops (how long with the pillow balls last?). oh, and they're adjustable.

Try some bilstein PSS for LESS. or go KW V1/ST coilovers.

or just match shock/springs.

read this: http://goo.gl/OKVXjh
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Made in tiawan actually.

I have had a set of BC ER on for 50000klms. still totally silent and without grief of any sort. Aussie roads are no pushover either

Were for a 335 but fitted 135 perfectly.

Only about 10 trackdays hillclimbs per year so i am no a expert. I have had Ohlins Flag L and MCA prior though but this is a daily driver not a track car and these have been adequate for my needs

Can put up a link of these trying to keep up with GT3 RS if curious
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
AnilKram
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Importimageracing.com
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
Captain
Australia
Rep

There aren't many reviews for BC Racing ER series coilovers on BMWs but here are some reviews on Audi, WRX and NSX - a couple of them are fairly comprehensive.
first - Audi - thread 6m old
second - WRX - thread 4y old
third - by the same person as the previous thread but on different forums so there is a different set of respondents
fourth - WRX - thread 4y old
fifth - WRX - thread 3y old
sixth - NSX - thread 18m old

Recently advertised on M3post and F30post.
An M3 had them fitted a couple years ago.

As with all information, take from it what you choose.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
KW are for people who want to slam their car, BC is for people who want to say they have coilovers. There is a reason they are so cheap, China. Don't expect development, performance, or longevity.

[-IMG-]

[-IMG-]

[-IMG-]

If you're going to post something, post the full article or link the reference. In general, posting images without context does not provide much value.

The images you previously posted above were from 3-4 years ago and not on a BMW - also not too difficult to ascertain via a quick search. Here is one of the original threads, with reference here (including an up-front assessment by a vendor) with an included link here.

I did a quick search and found a number of failures for top/popular brands such as AST, Bilstein and KW (I have KW V2 coilovers so I'm not being biased or a fanboy). See here, here, here (referencing this and this), here, here and here. You can also search for more Bilstein failures and specific to BMW as well if you choose.

Most companies are probably going to have issues at one time or another but I would hope any company that encounters manufacturing issues would resolve these in a revised production run.

While this is a forum, and not a professional journal, it's always more beneficial to reference material and provide information and not just opinion, when appropriate.

Each person has a different set of criteria (e.g. cost, application, problem rectification, etc.), which is not always known, for selecting their suspension components (or any car part for that matter) and information, or an answer to their question (which you didn't provide), is all they want.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
If you're going to post something, post the full article or link the reference. In general, posting images without context does not provide much value.

The images you previously posted above were from 3-4 years ago and not on a BMW - also not too difficult to ascertain via a quick search. Here is one of the original threads, with reference here (including an up-front assessment by a vendor) with an included link here.

I did a quick search and found a number of failures for top/popular brands such as AST, Bilstein and KW (I have KW V2 coilovers so I'm not being biased or a fanboy). See here, here, here (referencing this and this), here, here and here. You can also search for more Bilstein failures and specific to BMW as well if you choose.

Most companies are probably going to have issues at one time or another but I would hope any company that encounters manufacturing issues would resolve these in a revised production run.

While this is a forum, and not a professional journal, it's always more beneficial to reference material and provide information and not just opinion, when appropriate.

Each person has a different set of criteria (e.g. cost, application, problem rectification, etc.), which is not always known, for selecting their suspension components (or any car part for that matter) and information, or an answer to their question (which you didn't provide), is all they want.
Thanks for the response. My thoughts exactly, just because this happened to a BC coilover doesnt mean it can't happen to any other system. who knows how it actually happened? Until you know how they ride and have had them in your specific application you can't say they are crap. I just don't like the fact that whenever someone asks about a coilover system on here all you get is KW KW KW KW.... I'd imagine the ST's (which are also KW) are good but I dont like the fact that the dampening isn't adjustable. Why spend 1100 bucks there when you can get the BC's for the same price with the same kind of options you can get on the V2's. I also figured with the swift springs the car should ride pretty nicely just not sure of what spring rates would be good for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Made in tiawan actually.

I have had a set of BC ER on for 50000klms. still totally silent and without grief of any sort. Aussie roads are no pushover either

Were for a 335 but fitted 135 perfectly.

Only about 10 trackdays hillclimbs per year so i am no a expert. I have had Ohlins Flag L and MCA prior though but this is a daily driver not a track car and these have been adequate for my needs

Can put up a link of these trying to keep up with GT3 RS if curious

Do you know what the spring rates are? I'd love to see the link with the GT3 if you have it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_man View Post
Do you know what the spring rates are? I'd love to see the link with the GT3 if you have it.
Chasing the GT3...
On 1addicts
On YouTube
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
box_man
Hustler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post