BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Max amount of rear camber for DD?

All,

The factory values for rear camber on non-135is cars with M-sport suspension is -1.8 to -1.9. My car is currently adjusted correctly and is in this range. I understand there is more leeway in the rear camber adjustments, with some running much higher values.

What would be a reasonable maximum for rear camber value assuming rear TOE is kept within spec for a daily driver with preserving treadwear in mind?

I have some mild rubbing on deep dips in the rear and I'm hoping to solve it with a more aggressive rear camber as I don't want to mess with fender rolling. At the same time I'd like to still get reasonable tire life.

Would -2.5 be too much and adversely affect the wear? I expect that should be more than enough to get the rears to clear the inner fender lip.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
iEuropa
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
All,

The factory values for rear camber on non-135is cars with M-sport suspension is -1.8 to -1.9. My car is currently adjusted correctly and is in this range. I understand there is more leeway in the rear camber adjustments, with some running much higher values.

What would be a reasonable maximum for rear camber value assuming rear TOE is kept within spec for a daily driver with preserving treadwear in mind?

I have some mild rubbing on deep dips in the rear and I'm hoping to solve it with a more aggressive rear camber as I don't want to mess with fender rolling. At the same time I'd like to still get reasonable tire life.

Would -2.5 be too much and adversely affect the wear? I expect that should be more than enough to get the rears to clear the inner fender lip.

Thanks in advance for any help.
While not at all directly comparable, I had a lowered VW Jetta as my last car. It was a strong drop, 1.5-1.6 inch all around. As a result my rear camber was -3.0 and had visible toe in. Never had a problem in the 27k miles driven like that. Even though that was a FWD and low performance, -2.5 sounds completely reasonable on our cars.
Appreciate 0