BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
911CS
Rep
Drives: 911 Clubsport ,VW GTi

First post / BSM 1m

Hey Guys ,
I joined a while back and have been lurking - really enjoy the conversation . I've been considering a 1M for a while and have kept an ear open for a low or no-option car . I'd say VO is my 1st choice followed by BSM so this car intrigued me - especially since living in western CT it's only an hour away . This car was on Cars.com as stated earlier with the price being changed up /down several times . I think I recall it being as high as 56-57 and it was priced at 43 when it was removed a couple weeks back . Doesn't appear 48 worked on e-bay . The odo issue with Carfax may have contributed to a sense of wariness and the lack of options may turn off buyers too . Would the mods on this car void the warranty if it was in for service ? I seem to recall some posts a month back or so stating that those who had contact with the seller felt he wasn't serious about selling or was hard to deal with .
Regards,
Bryan
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Seems like it's the same guy, as I too remember the guy was being difficult to deal with and he had an odometer issue, that he was not happy about. If this was the color I was looking for I'd have snapped it up, regardless of the odo issue and him being difficult.
There was a BSM salvage title in GA, that was sold by a used dealer thru eBay and returned back to him for not being forthcoming about the damage and sloppy work. Then it showed up on eBay again shortly after with a new owner trying to offload it (didn't sell on eBay as well).
I was just hoping this one was not it, trying to be passed on as a clean title
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

The whole thing just reeked of scam and sketchiness.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
911CS
Rep
Drives: 911 Clubsport ,VW GTi

BSM 1M

Those 2 black cars are indeed different although strangely the one on the salvage title ended up in NY - and not that far from the other . The VIN #'s were different . With the number of people who must have looked at the car over the last 2 months w/o being sold something seems fishy . At 43 I'd have thought a dealer would buy it to flip it and make 4-5K ?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM View Post
Not good considering the rarity of the 1M. I was really hoping for better performance on the second hand market.
Good for me though so I can buy one down the road lol
Appreciate 0