BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #23
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
Chrysler did exactly the opposite with their last 2 hits, the Cruiser and the 300. Flooded the market, sold all they could and now they can't give them away.
Yeah when I bought my first PT Cruiser it was so rare that I got a lot of compliments and comments from strangers. However these days they're everywhere! I've literally been driving down the road and been surrounded by 4-5 other PT Cruisers.

I'm looking forward to having a unique car again that will turn some heads. :w00t:

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #24
Mystiqueskillz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000

When can you not order an 08 anymore? I'm planning to get a 135i, but I'm not ready to make the purchase yet. I would rather just get an 09, but then I want the "Year One of the 1" on the push stop button!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #25
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Soon. I believe I read somewhere that the cut off for ordering an 08 is in July.

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:56 AM   #26
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

I have only seen one 1 series in Socal outside of a meet since I received my car. That is rare consider the lifestyle of LA, people love their cars.
      05-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #27
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Yeah when I bought my first PT Cruiser it was so rare that I got a lot of compliments and comments from strangers. However these days they're everywhere! I've literally been driving down the road and been surrounded by 4-5 other PT Cruisers.

I'm looking forward to having a unique car again that will turn some heads. :w00t:

Dan
My last rental car was a PT Cruiser. Yes, they are fleet cars now. There is no better way to kill the desirability of a car than to turn it into a fleet car (especially the lowest tier one).

My Audi TT is 8 1/2 years old and I still have people stop me on the street and ask me about. In fact this morning someone at work who I'd never met before asked me if that was my TT in the parking lot. I'm gonna miss that car.

I think the 1-series will be uncommon and doesn't really have a unique styling (compared to the 3-series) so I think I lot of people won't even realize the 1-series exists.
      05-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #28
sluday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
My last rental car was a PT Cruiser. Yes, they are fleet cars now. There is no better way to kill the desirability of a car than to turn it into a fleet car (especially the lowest tier one).

My Audi TT is 8 1/2 years old and I still have people stop me on the street and ask me about. In fact this morning someone at work who I'd never met before asked me if that was my TT in the parking lot. I'm gonna miss that car.

I think the 1-series will be uncommon and doesn't really have a unique styling (compared to the 3-series) so I think I lot of people won't even realize the 1-series exists.
I too had an Audi TT ( just sent it back last august) and it was a real head turner. I disagree about the styling of the 1 series. I think it is the best looking BMW since the introduction of the Z3/Z4. Anyone one that knows a little about European sports cars will know a 1 when it blows past them. It looks much different ( and better) then a 3 series coupe IMO. The only BMW that may look better is the M3.
Appreciate 0