BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

options error

hello my fellow 1M comrades, i just wanted to share my latest experience..got a call from my dealer to say my pride and joy is in the uk and is getting ready for delivery june 27th
so far so good.within 30 seconds, he also told me there had been a mistake with my options and that the electric folding mirrors i had ordered will not be on my car
i asked them to call me back an hour later as i was not wanting to speak at that point.i am peeeeed off to say the least.
since cooling off i have since spoke to bmw.there saying it was a human error and asked me to consider the following options.....

1.i can re-order the car with the mirrors but it wont be till DECEMBER
2.i can collect my baby on the 26th this month w/o leccy mirrors
3.if i take option 2, they will pay for the service pack fit the black kidney grills free of charge and pay for the supaguard.

Last edited by edwardio; 06-07-2011 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Well provided they don't charge you for the mirrors then I would rather have option two anyway! That's over £500 saving.

Could you get them to contact my dealer! LOL, J/K.

Sorry to hear about the problem, but at least they have admitted fault and given you a good outcome.

Wonder if my car is here too, that's when mine is due for delivery!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #3
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Option 3 - you collect the loan 1M (which would otherwise have been your car) whilst they order you a new one to your spec....
      06-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Well provided they don't charge you for the mirrors then I would rather have option two anyway! That's over £500 saving.

Could you get them to contact my dealer! LOL, J/K.

Sorry to hear about the problem, but at least they have admitted fault and given you a good outcome.

Wonder if my car is here too, that's when mine is due for delivery!
thats what i thought too mate.hey our cars are probably in the same shipment..i think he said it arrives at the dealership next 10 days.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
thats what i thought too mate.hey our cars are probably in the same shipment..i think he said it arrives at the dealership next 10 days.
I'll check with my dealer.

Also, get them to sign an agreement that if your none folding mirrors get damaged, that they replace them FOC!. (Fat chance I know but worth a go!)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Lets hope that mine is in that shipment as well
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

WTHeck you want folding mirrors on an M car anyway? C'mon!

Take the car and get the black grills, eat some steak, scratch your lower region and grunt a few times to back in touch with your manly side!

Geeez.

; )
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
I'll check with my dealer.

Also, get them to sign an agreement that if your none folding mirrors get damaged, that they replace them FOC!. (Fat chance I know but worth a go!)
"released to carrier"

It's on it's way.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Don't the folding mirrors also come with self dimming glass? That would annoy me more to loose. Service pack good, supagard treatment is so so.

Stupid question but how hard can it be to retro fit it? That'd be my option with option three thrown in too.

Part of the appeal of ordering a new car is getting the spec you want. Not want someone else wanted IMO. But I've never bought brand new before so for me it's quite an adventure.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
Don't the folding mirrors also come with self dimming glass? That would annoy me more to loose. Service pack good, supagard treatment is so so.

Stupid question but how hard can it be to retro fit it? That'd be my option with option three thrown in too.

Part of the appeal of ordering a new car is getting the spec you want. Not want someone else wanted IMO. But I've never bought brand new before so for me it's quite an adventure.
hi mate....bmw say that the retro fit is a no no, by them anyway.the cars wiring loom is different.ive worked on motors and know that it would have to go back to the factory..forget that...ive waited too long.
im a bit philosophical about it really,mistakes can happen you know and have got over it now to tell the truth...i look at it as less weight anyway lol.
if you dont mind me asking, what are you doing with your type r ? im gutted to see my type r go, but elated to be getting the 1M..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
WTHeck you want folding mirrors on an M car anyway? C'mon!

Take the car and get the black grills, eat some steak, scratch your lower region and grunt a few times to back in touch with your manly side!

Geeez.

; )
haha...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

An inexpensive wayout for edwardio's dealer to remedying the issue:
http://www.shadowlinetrim.com/
http://www.shadowlinetrim.com/shadowlinevinyls.html
I am not affiliated with them and never tried them.

Noticed that they also sell overlay sets in factory paint-matched colors for BMW roundel & emblems
So, a 1M steering wheel emblem sporting a 3D carbon fibre overlay: anyone
Name:  BMW_Emblem.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  127.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

But the vinyl should be fitted properly and with the right tools, as can be concluded from this thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315680
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hi mate....bmw say that the retro fit is a no no, by them anyway.the cars wiring loom is different.ive worked on motors and know that it would have to go back to the factory..forget that...ive waited too long.
im a bit philosophical about it really,mistakes can happen you know and have got over it now to tell the truth...i look at it as less weight anyway lol.
if you dont mind me asking, what are you doing with your type r ? im gutted to see my type r go, but elated to be getting the 1M..
I guess there are worse options to loose to be fair! I hope nothing goes wrong with mine!

I think I'll just try and trade the Type R in with BMW. The group network has Honda dealers so may get a reasonable price. I'll probably put it on the Civinfo forum before, which may ensure it goes to a good home. However often people on the forums seem to be histrionic about value and I've seen too many people comment on how overpriced a car is, when they've not physically seen the car to comment. I've not had much luck with high value cars on Autotrader too, so may not bother with that. Failing which I might try contacting a few traders myself to see what I can get.

Mine is a 2008/57 with a full spec and lowish milage, so hope to get something sensible... What are you thinking?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I guess there are worse options to loose to be fair! I hope nothing goes wrong with mine!

I think I'll just try and trade the Type R in with BMW. The group network has Honda dealers so may get a reasonable price. I'll probably put it on the Civinfo forum before, which may ensure it goes to a good home. However often people on the forums seem to be histrionic about value and I've seen too many people comment on how overpriced a car is, when they've not physically seen the car to comment. I've not had much luck with high value cars on Autotrader too, so may not bother with that. Failing which I might try contacting a few traders myself to see what I can get.

Mine is a 2008/57 with a full spec and lowish milage, so hope to get something sensible... What are you thinking?
mate i cant believe how similar our situations are with the type r.i didnt think about trying civinfo.mines an 2008 08 reg full spec average mileage.i think im going to p/x with bmw to save the ball ache.got 2weeks to go till my baby m turns up, so im quite busy at the mo.
keep me posted mate
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep

Exactly. Much easier to trade and the dealers know it unfortunately.

When I brought the Civic my brother brought my old car off me eventually and we sold his old BMW 316 for a few hundred quid in a weekend on Autotrader. Before that my old car was on sale for about two months with not even a viewing! But can't do this this time as the Civic isn't his type (no pun intended!). Shame really as we like to keep hold of our good cars. The Civic has been terrific. But can't wait to get a slightly more grown up but still bonkers car! And get it on a track
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
npg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (sold)

Ordered mine yesterday v.o. had e92 m3 sold,had focus rs both white could not resist new 1m,just hope i like the colour
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npg View Post
Ordered mine yesterday v.o. had e92 m3 sold,had focus rs both white could not resist new 1m,just hope i like the colour
Congrats mate. You should dig out the UK customers thread and stick your details in!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. Much easier to trade and the dealers know it unfortunately.

When I brought the Civic my brother brought my old car off me eventually and we sold his old BMW 316 for a few hundred quid in a weekend on Autotrader. Before that my old car was on sale for about two months with not even a viewing! But can't do this this time as the Civic isn't his type (no pun intended!). Shame really as we like to keep hold of our good cars. The Civic has been terrific. But can't wait to get a slightly more grown up but still bonkers car! And get it on a track
haha i had it my mind that this motor was more grown up too...im going to be the most child like ive ever been in 2 weeks
long live the type r and bring on the 1M....cant wait
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npg View Post
good for you npg....
Appreciate 0