04-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 1M, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE what's next!
Well? What is it?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
You feel happy about "paying in full"? Good i think your an idiot. I can pay for full for my cars too. Doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to actually pay for it in full since the 1.54% interest rate on my car loan is much less than what i earn on my money.

You don't sell something you love every 6 months? Good for you. I know people who buy & sell a ferrari every 6 months to a year. I guess they are bad with their budget too :roll eyes:

Sorry you can't afford to switch cars often
Hasan, it's been my experience since I joined this forum that all this tool does is troll every possible thread...he's barely liked or ever in agreement with 99% of the people here.

He apparently does not understand the principle of investment versus throwing money at a dealer, but then again, he did mention all his dependents so he may not have many alternatives.

It appears that his lifestyle has emasculated him to the point of hallucination, where he seems compelled to create stories about others. As it turns out, I must be late on my payments and need to get rid of my car

Last edited by 1SerieStud; 04-29-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

Mods- feel free to close this thread. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #26
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
With all of our members selling their cars, I'm curious: how much are our cars selling for used after <10k miles? Are people actually getting above msrp? Man, I'd be compelled if this put me into cayman r territory.
I'd like to get this back on topic, because I think it's an interesting subject. After I read your post I did go over to Porsche's website and configure a Cayman R just to see...

Anyway, as much as I'd really like to know what people are getting for their 1Ms I wonder how much information this thread will produce. I'm guessing most people who sold their 1M don't spend much time on this site anymore and if they did, they might not want to share what they sold their 1M for.

I figure I could sell my 1M for about what I paid for it (ED MSRP), give or take a few thousand dollars. Mine is a "keeper" but it's nice to know if I did need to sell for any reason (lost my job, had a severe illness in the family, etc.) I'd probably come out okay on the sale. I don't intend to sell for any other reason in part because my 1M represents a sort of "first" for me and therefore has sentimental value beyond the car itself. I think the amount of money it would take to separate me from my 1M is more than any rational person would pay, so I don't anticipate that happening.

I'm actually looking forward more to my 1M being 20 years old than I am for it now. I know by then it will be outclassed by a mile, performance-wise, but hopefully I'll have another "fast" car and my 1M can be that rare, well-cared-for one owner car that I still drive regularly.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Name:  1SS_1M.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  15.8 KB
      04-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Seriously, like the guy committed a crime or so! I heard once that the guy who actually invented TV died as a sad man because he did not like what TV became in time and how it is used; I wonder if there are some among the pioneers of internet who feel the same way. I know I would.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
TX78666
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 330i ZHP, N55 135i

Will read again.
      04-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
superchargedman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
I'd like to get this back on topic, because I think it's an interesting subject. After I read your post I did go over to Porsche's website and configure a Cayman R just to see...

Anyway, as much as I'd really like to know what people are getting for their 1Ms I wonder how much information this thread will produce. I'm guessing most people who sold their 1M don't spend much time on this site anymore and if they did, they might not want to share what they sold their 1M for.

I figure I could sell my 1M for about what I paid for it (ED MSRP), give or take a few thousand dollars. Mine is a "keeper" but it's nice to know if I did need to sell for any reason (lost my job, had a severe illness in the family, etc.) I'd probably come out okay on the sale. I don't intend to sell for any other reason in part because my 1M represents a sort of "first" for me and therefore has sentimental value beyond the car itself. I think the amount of money it would take to separate me from my 1M is more than any rational person would pay, so I don't anticipate that happening.

I'm actually looking forward more to my 1M being 20 years old than I am for it now. I know by then it will be outclassed by a mile, performance-wise, but hopefully I'll have another "fast" car and my 1M can be that rare, well-cared-for one owner car that I still drive regularly.

My post is the best interpretation provided by the info on the for sale ads. Low to mid 60's in US.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
C4S4SS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I3, E92 M3, 993TT, X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
My post is the best interpretation provided by the info on the for sale ads. Low to mid 60's in US.
All do respect but I just pulled up the last 7 cars for sale in the for sale section that had a price attached and the asking price averaged $57850. Where do you come up with your figures? Only 1 car was in the mid $60's.

Last edited by C4S4SS; 04-29-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4S4SS View Post
All do respect but I just pulled up the last 7 cars for sale in the for sale section that had a price attached and the asking price averaged $57850. Where do you come up with your figures? Only 1 car was in the mid $60's.
You have to look at options as well. Ive seen 1Ms with barely any options for $56-$60k. Remember the 1M can MSRP anywhere between $47k-$56k
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #33
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
As previously said by another member, some of us can afford to switch as much as we want, whenever we want, and however we want.
What the heck is going on here; is this a penis match or something?!

Drop it. I've seen others "trolls" on here make bad comments. 1Series, you're in there too. My thoughts are if you're in your twenties (early/late/whatever), and you're bragging about anything...like a cheez-it cracker, you've still got a while to go. Thirties (early/mid) is where you finally start rolling, and by that time, you don't care to size p your "piece" with anyone anymore.

You are definitely NOT the most interesting man in the world if you're telling us what you have, what you do with your money etc. Tell it to someone who cares, like that impressionable 22 yr old girl at the bar...because that's the only place that works.

So you're selling, and talking a little profit...big whope. Can we stick to the OP thread?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
What the heck is going on here; is this a penis match or something?!

Drop it. I've seen others "trolls" on here make bad comments. 1Series, you're in there too. My thoughts are if you're in your twenties (early/late/whatever), and you're bragging about anything...like a cheez-it cracker, you've still got a while to go. Thirties (early/mid) is where you finally start rolling, and by that time, you don't care to size p your "piece" with anyone anymore.

You are definitely NOT the most interesting man in the world if you're telling us what you have, what you do with your money etc. Tell it to someone who cares, like that impressionable 22 yr old girl at the bar...because that's the only place that works.

So you're selling, and talking a little profit...big whope. Can we stick to the OP thread?
wouldnt know what OP thread was anymore it got edited to blank!
all this pissing contest for nothing now
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #35
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way" (Mark Twain).

04-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #36
superchargedman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
Yes, these guys completely ruined the thread, so I just asked mods to shut down the thread. It was regarding how much used 1ms are selling for.
Appreciate 0