BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Buying a 128 in Montreal

Hey guys, I have a few general questions with regards to buying a new 1 in Montreal. I've posted them already in the Ordering forum, but a couple of the questions deal with purchasing in Montreal/Canada, maybe you could help me out if you have some experience buying!

Oh, and some more questions I didn't post there... how's the sport suspension on these crummy Montreal roads? Similarly, how are the low profile tires? When it comes to the suspension and wheels I care more about durability than performance, and more about performance than aesthetics, so do you recommend scrapping the sport package and just buying a nicer set of 17" wheels than the stock? Your thoughts...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250193

Thanks for your help, look forward to meeting some of you Montrealers in the future
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
aintgivingnoname
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

i got the M sport pack on the 135i so 18inches low profile and they do a great job. i study in Trois-Rivières, let me tell you it's way worse than in MOntreal lol and havent got any problem. just stay clear of the huge pot holes and you're fine, just gotta keep attention on what's ahead. As for the suspension, it's almost as comfy as my mom's G35 without sport...so go figure!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
desmat
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport

Garage List
I went with the sport pack and it is sporty, yet VERY confortable. It's even surprising when you think you're gonna hit hard... and it's actually soft.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmat View Post
I went with the sport pack and it is sporty, yet VERY confortable. It's even surprising when you think you're gonna hit hard... and it's actually soft.
I guess the larger tires also help with smaller potholes.. you can't really fall in if it's only 40% of the contact area between tire and ground. I'm coming from 14" anorexic wheels so I think it's a bit of a psychological barrier for me as well
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
jmexx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

The runflats are a little uncomfortable on Montreal roads but it doesn't actually bother me. I've had worse suspension/tire/wheels setups in Montreal on my GTI.

I really suggest the sport package, just for the seats and the slightly lowered suspension. I'm not sure what else is offered on the 128 but either way it's worth it.

Oh and I think a few of us are doing a cruise in the next few weeks, PM me for details, I'll send them over or post a thread as soon as they come in!
Appreciate 0