BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 SO - M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Arizona 1ers!

Hi,

I am planing to move from PA to AZ! I am wondering if anyone knows of a good IT firm/company in the Tucson, AZ or Phoenix, AZ. I am looking for jobs now so it will be a comfortable move, and can start work ASAP when I get down there. I currently have a few cisco certs and want to move in to network admin position.

If you think you know of a good place or think could help out a fellow 1er out email me at rob.shem@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Rob
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Not to thread jack, but where are you moving to in AZ??? did you pick a spot yet??

planning on doing the move ourselves..

Good Luck with your job searching..

Back on topic please
      03-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Not to thread jack, but where are you moving to in AZ??? did you pick a spot yet??

planning on doing the move ourselves..

Good Luck with your job searching..

Back on topic please

Hey,

Want to move in the Tucson, AZ or Phoenix, AZ area..depends on where I could find the better job. We want to move there because we want a change, and CA to expensive so we picked AZ. Where I am in PA is just a hard place to live I have a condo 872 sq and it costed 164k! ...I have been looking at the new homes down there with 1500+ sqf for less..I hope were making a good decision!

Thanks for the wishes hope your move is just as good!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

I moved here from PA and I did not enjoy the change.

Off the top of my head, have you looked into Godaddy.com? They are supposedly an excellent company to work for and have several postings around Phoenix. Monster.com has a facility in Tempe.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post

Off the top of my head, have you looked into Godaddy.com? They are supposedly an excellent company to work for and have several postings around Phoenix. Monster.com has a facility in Tempe.
What didnt you like ?
      03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
What didnt you like ?
The weather blows. After 5 years I am no closer to adjusting to 115 deg in the summer. In theory the rest of the year sounds good, but coming from PA the lack of seasons becomes very tiring. And, the drivers are much worse than PA. Much worse. Don't expect turn signals or obeying red lights. At least compared to western PA. The sales tax is higher and you can't buy clothes tax-free.

EDIT: I'm just messing with you. The summers are terrible and most of the drivers are bad, but it is alright here. The area was slammed by foreclosures so there is a lot of rentals you can chose from. You might like it here; lots of people do.

Last edited by Red135; 03-16-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep

^^^^^ LOL

Believe it or not its the freakin cold in NY.. I just cant deal with it any more.
40+ freakin years with snow / coats / ice storms / outrageous oil bills ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

Im from South america... Heat is not an issue.. Although i understand that the sun is so hot during the day i wont be able to enjoy my other convert as much as i should...
      03-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Itanius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

I can't help with the employment question, but concerning the weather:

I'm originally from western Washington state (land of clouds and rain 11 months a year) and I absolutely love the weather here. Low humidity, beautiful skies for the majority of the year. I've been here since 2001 (except a break from 2003-2006) and will probably stay here permanently. I'm in the military so I'm subject to those conditions but there's a 95% chance I'll retire here.

Like I tell my family: most places with true four seasons limit their outdoor exposure during the winter season. In Arizona, we do that in the summer instead. The rest of the year is an outdoor paradise. Not everyone can adjust, though, so if you've never been here before then I highly suggest you visit if you can. This is the best time of the year by far with highs in the 90s during the day and in the 50s at night.
      03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Thank you for all your feed back guys!

Quote:

Quote:
The weather blows. After 5 years I am no closer to adjusting to 115 deg in the summer. In theory the rest of the year sounds good, but coming from PA the lack of seasons becomes very tiring. And, the drivers are much worse than PA. Much worse. Don't expect turn signals or obeying red lights. At least compared to western PA. The sales tax is higher and you can't buy clothes tax-free.

EDIT: I'm just messing with you. The summers are terrible and most of the drivers are bad, but it is alright here. The area was slammed by foreclosures so there is a lot of rentals you can chose from. You might like it here; lots of people do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
I can't help with the employment question, but concerning the weather:

I'm originally from western Washington state (land of clouds and rain 11 months a year) and I absolutely love the weather here. Low humidity, beautiful skies for the majority of the year. I've been here since 2001 (except a break from 2003-2006) and will probably stay here permanently. I'm in the military so I'm subject to those conditions but there's a 95% chance I'll retire here.

Like I tell my family: most places with true four seasons limit their outdoor exposure during the winter season. In Arizona, we do that in the summer instead. The rest of the year is an outdoor paradise. Not everyone can adjust, though, so if you've never been here before then I highly suggest you visit if you can. This is the best time of the year by far with highs in the 90s during the day and in the 50s at night.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

AvNet in the Chandler area might be another company to look at. As for the summers, I have been out here for 11+ years now and every summer gets worse for me. Its unbearable at best between April and September...
Appreciate 0