BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #45
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Good thinking
Did you come up with this answer on your own??? Or does Halltech own the majority of it????

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #46
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by topvega View Post
Did you come up with this answer on your own??? Or does Halltech own the majority of it????
Not sure I follow. Could you elaborate?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 04:02 AM   #47
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Being new to the N54/1er scene and thinking of tuning my 1er when it arrives, I find all this childish crap from both camps of these tunes confusing . I would love to make a choice about which tune I should go for but all this hate and and discussions make it worse to the point that I might not buy either and wait for a BMW one if it is ever released. The problem is I haven't yet found a review of one of these tunes explaining the technical aspects and invisibility of both without it being biased. I think both are acting childish and are giving new comers a harder time on making a decision :iono:
      01-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #48
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Sigh....you guys remind of the huge arguments people used to get in over Sega Genesis vs. Super Nintendo.......jeez...you would think that people would be able to discuss this like adults instead of high-school kids.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #49
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Sigh....you guys remind of the huge arguments people used to get in over Sega Genesis vs. Super Nintendo.......jeez...you would think that people would be able to discuss this like adults instead of high-school kids.
I would bet you that the people arguing on this, just grew up and started arguing about JB3 and Procede
      01-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #50
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

I think everyone needs to take it easy in here. We have multiple, solid tuning options for our cars, and that's a good thing. It seems to me that each has it's advantages and disadvantages, and at the end of the day the performance is very close on all of them.

So close in fact that with similar mods (tune, intake, and DPs for example) it's going to come down to a driver's race just about every time. The difference in HP shown on the dyno runs is insignificant for anything other than dyno bragging, and it just doesn't make sense to go arount touting how well your car runs when strapped to a set of rollers. :iono:

Also, it seems to me that none of the tunes have proven dangerous to our engines, so we have to make the assumption that the tuners do in fact know what they're doing here.

For the new folks who are reading this and trying to pick a path, I'd say this:

You need to evaluate your priorities then pick the one that best fits them. I don't really see that you can go wrong with any of them. :drinking:
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #51
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by adood84 View Post
The problem is I haven't yet found a review of one of these tunes explaining the technical aspects and invisibility of both without it being biased.

I don't think you're going to find that, because the reality is, the number of cars running these tunes that have had to have some sort of major service is relatively low. It's also possible that some tech have been overlooking the tampering codes instead of reporting them when they know the problem lies elsewhere.

If keeping the warranty is a huge concern for you, you probably shouldn't be tuning the car at all. There's a chance that any of these will be discovered under the right circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #52
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adood84 View Post
Being new to the N54/1er scene and thinking of tuning my 1er when it arrives, I find all this childish crap from both camps of these tunes confusing . I would love to make a choice about which tune I should go for but all this hate and and discussions make it worse to the point that I might not buy either and wait for a BMW one if it is ever released. The problem is I haven't yet found a review of one of these tunes explaining the technical aspects and invisibility of both without it being biased. I think both are acting childish and are giving new comers a harder time on making a decision :iono:
Well get use to it, I've been reading the same bickering for years. There's never a dull moment with Vishnu.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #53
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

THere is no need to argue. Both tunes are great, and both have their proponents. I really think you can't go wrong with either Just pick one and be happy with it...

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #54
ploz
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Will someone get the damn vendors off this forum? I am sick of all the advertising in the signatures and the bickering. That was the one thing that set this forum apart from e90post but now I am wondering if there is really any difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #55
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

The attitude demonstrated by a certain tuner here is the same reason that I chose the Cobb tune for my STi.
      01-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #56
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
The attitude demonstrated by a certain tuner here is the same reason that I chose the Cobb tune for my STi.
And what attitude did I demonstrate here? And what did I do to bother you and what seems to be every other jb3 users on this forum. Did I miss something?

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #57
audi2bmw1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 montego 135i/acura vigor

what is the problem with what shiv said? im totally non-biased as i dont have either tune...he simply spoke the truth in regards to a few statemets made...i didnt see any bashing...i also back up his statement that BMS shoudnt say thier product doesnt trip and codes and is totally visible...that link is the 3rd person state thier warranty was voided due to either A.jb2.Bjb3 so draw your own conclusions

Devils own water/meth dealer-PM me for info
former car/ 2001 audi TT ~290bhp :w00t:
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #58
Trapperj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Many it seems, bought a tune without searching for enough information to sway them one way or another. They bought what a buddy had or sometimes the cheaper one. How many times have we heard "Biggest bang for the buck."... Now that more evidence is out there, it's hard for some to admit they may have made the wrong choice.
People are truth seekers as long as the facts they find support the decision they made with their $$. The minute that the truth goes off in another direction , it reflects badly on their judgement and pains them to admit they may have made the wrong choice. Don't take this tuning s#*t personal Life is too short....be happy with what you have....if your not happy... get something else
My .02cents
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #59
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskeen View Post
Many it seems, bought a tune without searching for enough information to sway them one way or another. They bought what a buddy had or sometimes the cheaper one. How many times have we heard "Biggest bang for the buck."... Now that more evidence is out there, it's hard for some to admit they may have made the wrong choice.
People are truth seekers as long as the facts they find support the decision they made with their $$. The minute that the truth goes off in another direction , it reflects badly on their judgement and pains them to admit they may have made the wrong choice. Don't take this tuning s#*t personal Life is too short....be happy with what you have....if your not happy... get something else
My .02cents
+1000000 well said.

As it is often said in life "You get what you pay for"
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #60
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I thought this thread was just about whether or not any of us have received the Procede Rev II PnP????? I mean seriously...this takes threadjacked to a whole new level.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #61
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Group hug?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #62
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Group hug?

I know right.....jeez
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #63
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

I don't mind to let the vendors to participate in all kind of discussion and let them to share their views and knowledge with us. It is up to us to accept and seek the truth. As long as nothing go into a severe argument or bashing each other.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #64
320Devil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 17 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I thought this thread was just about whether or not any of us have received the Procede Rev II PnP????? I mean seriously...this takes threadjacked to a whole new level.
Got an e-mail from Vishnu with a UPS tracking number. Looks like the product should be arriving sometime today.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #65
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
I don't mind to let the vendors to participate in all kind of discussion and let them to share their views and knowledge with us. It is up to us to accept and seek the truth. As long as nothing go into a severe argument or bashing each other.
I agree, and to be fair I dont really think any vendors were really bashing other vendors here... I dont think terry or shiv should be banned here or e90 or n54tech. Both have quality products, and really the people here that are perpetuating the argument are fanbois... "..I bought shiv, so I have to defend it to death and justify high price..." and "...Terry is cheaper and better and people that payed extra dough are idiots"

Healthy competition is a good thing people.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #66
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zpilot View Post
Got an e-mail from Vishnu with a UPS tracking number. Looks like the product should be arriving sometime today.
I haven't received any email or tracking number yet.
Appreciate 0