BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-27-2023, 03:14 PM   #1
gdrien
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman

Garage List
FS: 2009 135i 6MT M-Sport convertible, 202k miles, 2 owners

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I am looking to sell my 2009 BMW 135i convertible, after 9 years of "daily driving" it. I've replaced it with a Porsche 718 Cayman, and I only have a two car garage. This is not a vehicle that should be left outside, so I reluctantly need to move it along. I'm posting it here because all of you understand and love these cars, and appreciate the amazing N54 engine.

Many pics here: https://tosca.smugmug.com/Cars/2009-...i-M-Sport-6MT/ More will be added there soon. (Additional interior/upholstery shots, undercarriage, engine, wheels, tires, etc.)

I am the second owner. I purchased the car in May 2014 with just over 60,000 miles on it, and have owned it since. All maintenance (except a few jobs that were either urgent (failed water pump on the side of the highway) or needed a lift (clutch and flywheel), was meticulously performed by me, and well documented. With 202,173 miles on the odometer, there are really no major areas of concern; this car is rock solid.

A few minor things of note:
  • The fuel injectors really ought to be replaced with index 12 (I think that's the latest update?) because there is some lumpiness in the idle. It's very likely cylinders 5 and 6, as they used to throw codes frequently, but since I replaced the coils at the last spark plug change, the codes have gone away. But at $470 per injector for new ones, and the remanufactured ones FCP Euro used to sell basically on permanent back order, it hasn't been a priority. The only time they act up now is once in a while after a warm start when the car's been sitting for 30 minutes to an hour. Then there's a little bit of rough running under acceleration, but it's cleared up by declutching briefly and revving to burn up leaked fuel
  • The tie rod ends need replacing, because they can no longer be loosened for alignment purposes. My last alignment (after some front suspension component replacement) was "close enough" to spec that I postponed the tie rods. The tires are wearing correctly so far.
  • There's was quite a bit of rust on the stamped steel rear suspension components and undercarriage from the middle of the car rearward. I went over it aggressively, removing any loose rust and treating what remained with a rust converter, then repainted many of the black components with a fresh coat of black. Rust is limited to undercarriage; all body work is pristine. The fuel filler flap had some rust on the lower part of the inside, but it's also been treated, then coated with Alpine white paint and clearcoat. I'll take some pics for the gallery.

It has a manual transmission, coral red "Boston" leather, the M Sport package, Shadowline trim, etc., as well as the following:

- BMW Performance Power Kit, Stage 2 ("port-installed" option - option code SNPOW)
- M Sports suspension (option code S704)
- multifunction M leather steering wheel (option code S710)

Below is a build sheet showing all options.

I've done the "golf tee" mod, and the first thing I did after purchase was to replace the clutch delay valve with an M one. Also, there's an oil catch can and a magnetic oil drain plug.

It also comes with the following:

- Removable cabin wind blocker with storage bag
- Pair of BMW rubber "winter" floor mats for the front seats
- Four BMW carpet floor mats

There are some miscellaneous parts that have been removed, that will come with the car:

- The underhood/windshield base cowling and cabin intake filter housing. It's been replaced with some individual filters from BMS (or maybe ECS Tuning?).
- The OEM grilles; they have a bit more shiny parts than those that are currently installed.
- A stainless axle-back exhaust pipe with big dual outlets. The muffler delete sounded great around town, but I found it too much for my highway commute so I had the muffler reinstalled.

I have a list of all service completed by the first owner on the vehicle from the day it was purchased, as provided by BMW. I do not have receipts for those services. Since my purchase in May 2014, I have records of every service, and receipts for most, as well as a complete spreadsheet of all service and maintenance. (Eight pages printed on 11"x17" paper, shown in one of the "records" photos.)

Here are the major service and maintenance items from the period of my ownership:

Oil changes every 6,000 miles, fully documented.
May 2015: rear brake rotors and pads replaced
Jun 2015: windshield washer pump replaced
Jul 2015: charge pipe replaced (Burger Motorsports)
Aug 2015: brake system flush and fluid change
Dec 2015: oil filter housing and oil cooler seals replaced
Jan 2016: spark plugs replaced
May 2016: water pump and thermostat replaced, cooling system flushed
Oct 2016: valve cover and valve cover gasket replaced
Dec 2016: intake valves cleaned (walnut blasted) and oil catch can installed, intake manifold gaskets replaced
Aug 2017: front struts replaced (Bilstein B8), vehicle aligned
Sep 2017: driver's airbag replaced (Takata recall)
Jan 2018: new AGM battery installed
Apr 2018: all turbo control and induction vacuum lines replaced with premium silicone hose
Apr 2018: spark plugs replaced
May 2018: differential oil changed
Oct 2018: intake valves cleaned (walnut blasted), intake manifold gaskets replaced
Nov 2018: front brake rotors and pads replaced
Jun 2019: oil pan gasket replaced
Oct 2019: blower motor wiring recall completed
Dec 2019: accessory drive belt and associated tension and idler pulleys replaced
Feb 2020: VANOS solenoids replaced
Oct 2020: clutch and flywheel replaced
Jun 2021: spark plugs and ignition coils replaced
May 2022: front and rear brake rotors and pads replaced, brake fluid flushed, parking brake shoes and springs replaced
Jul 2022: rear shocks replaced
Aug 2022: rear ball joints replaced, vehicle aligned
Sep 2022: front control arms and radius arms replaced, vehicle aligned
Jun 2023: oil filler cap replaced
Jul 2023: cooling system flushed, expansion tank and cap replaced, one upper radiator hose replaced, expansion tank return hose replaced
Jul 2023: hood release handle and outer release cable replaced

Finally, the summer wheels (BMW 261) were professionally refinished in spring 2022, and the summer tires were replaced then (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, 225/40ZR-18 front, 255/35ZR-18 rear).

Also available, for an additional cost, a winter wheel and tire package. Those wheels are 17", and were also professionally refinished in 2022, in a dark grey metallic. They have TPMS sensors and BMW center caps, and Bridgestone Blizzak WS90s in 215/45-17. The rear tires were new in October 2022, and the fronts were new in 2021, so they have 1 winter and 2 winters of use, respectively.

Sorry for the long post, but this car is a gem, and I really want to find it a good home, not sell to someone on Craigslist who won't appreciate it! Please contact me via PM if you have any questions or interest. Thanks.

Attached Images