BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Chuckbilodeau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 1M

Official Canadian Pricing

135i $ 41,700
Navigation $ 2,900
Premium $ 3,500
Comfort $ 3,000
Premium Sound $ 1,200
M Sport $ 1,600

PDI $ 1,995
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

repost, but WOW again!!!!

crazy pricing
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

3000 for nav??? Thats crazy!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Craig
Rep
Drives:

Where is everyone getting the Canadian pricing?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Where is everyone getting the Canadian pricing?

Your friendly local dealer has the pricing..:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
clown-baby
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Is there official CAD pricing for the 128i??
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #7
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown-baby View Post
Is there official CAD pricing for the 128i??
:

128i is 33,900 base MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

PDI 2k HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #9
kr2ranger
Registered
Rep
Drives:

I got a call from my dealer about the pricing today. I was prepared for the preposterous pricing but still it blows me away BMW Canada is so out of touch with consumers.

When my dealer told me the pricing I asked him if he realizes that this is 10K above US pricing. He said yep..."BMW Canada is sticking to their guns". Just fantastic. They think they have a car that is more than it's really worth.

I will go test drive it for a bit of fun in March (March 22 is the official launch date I believe) but have no intentions of buying an overpriced hunk of sheet metal and electronics.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #10
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Base price is cheaper then I thought. Now lets see in BMW Canada will come to the table with decent rates and cashback on the 1 series to keep us modivated.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr2ranger View Post
I got a call from my dealer about the pricing today. I was prepared for the preposterous pricing but still it blows me away BMW Canada is so out of touch with consumers.

When my dealer told me the pricing I asked him if he realizes that this is 10K above US pricing. He said yep..."BMW Canada is sticking to their guns". Just fantastic. They think they have a car that is more than it's really worth.

I will go test drive it for a bit of fun in March (March 22 is the official launch date I believe) but have no intentions of buying an overpriced hunk of sheet metal and electronics.

Man we have been getting hosed for years it is just that the now that the dollar is close to par with the US it is easier for everyone to visualize the difference.

Believe it or not on the world scale Canadian prices are among the cheapest thanks to our southern friends.

Like I said earlier. If the finance/lease rates are good and their is a cashback promo like that on the 3 series it will be even better.

If you plan on leasing the car who cares what the total price is so long as the residual and the rates are good it is the monthly payment you have to worry about. I bet if you compare monthly rates between US and Canada they will be pretty close. We will see....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Man we have been getting hosed for years it is just that the now that the dollar is close to par with the US it is easier for everyone to visualize the difference.

Believe it or not on the world scale Canadian prices are among the cheapest thanks to our southern friends.

Like I said earlier. If the finance/lease rates are good and their is a cashback promo like that on the 3 series it will be even better.

If you plan on leasing the car who cares what the total price is so long as the residual and the rates are good it is the monthly payment you have to worry about. I bet if you compare monthly rates between US and Canada they will be pretty close. We will see....
I agree completely. I know we like to complain a lot about how much BMWs cost (or any car for that matter) compared to our neighbors south of the border, but just look at the UK and Euro prices and its a very different picture.

Like you said, the lease rates and cash back also really helps the story. And frankly, BMW using cash incentives and better rates to offset the price difference between the two dollars is just good business sense. You can't change the MSRP of a car every 6 months and the CDN/US dollars have been in a pretty constant state of flux. With temporary measures such as these incentives, the company is able to adjust their prices with greater flexibility. Ie; if 6 months down the road the CDN dollar was worth $0.90, everything probably stays the same. Likewise if its worth $1.10, we'll probably get better incentives.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
linus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335xi, 08 E92 335i

Problem is. At this stage, given the novelty of the 1, my SA advised me that lease, financing rates and residuals will not necessarily work in our favour. Perhaps MY 2009. Don't expect 3 series type incentives.

I hope he's wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Base price is cheaper then I thought. Now lets see in BMW Canada will come to the table with decent rates and cashback on the 1 series to keep us modivated.
You think they'll be giving cash back when it comes out at launch?

I doubt you'll see any discounts/incentives or rates or cash for at least a year...the local dealers here have all their allocations on order by people into June/July...and from what they told me, expect to see a lot more orders come Feb when they get the demos in for people to drive.

That is of course assuming that people are will to pay the price for them.

Granted to some a couple thousand might not be a big deal, but to me 3-4 g's was a killer...there's a point where I'm willing to bend, as long as they are too, and they weren't.

On a side note, yesterday Audi just dropped ALL of it's msrp's in Canada...A base A3 is now ~32,500, before it was 33,900. And I also just realized that you can "upgrade" the cloth to leather for No Charge(at least online)...so for the price I was hoping the 128 would come in at, I can get an A3 with more options...only downside is it's fwd...and a GTI is still cheaper:biggrin:

Of course maybe I'm wrong...maybe bmw will see that move and drop the 1-series prices before launch to make sure they are competitive with the A3, and then I'll thinking maybe I should have kept my order, lol.:iono:
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I know Audi dropped the rates which is a pain in the ass if you have one and are trying to get rid of it (me). They have just screwed all of their existing clients. Also residual rates were negotiated on 'old' prices. Audi is going to have to buy back leased cars at way more then they are worth. Not very smart Audi.

This is why things like lending rates, additional included options, and cash back are good. The MSRP stays the same which maintains the value of existing cars but incents new buyers.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #16
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixbanger View Post
PDI 2k HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
yea just tell them your PDI it yourself!!! hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #17
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

PDI is more then just an inspection. In the case of Audi there is some parts of the car that still need to be assempled at destination port.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
toosteeley
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

^ Not $2000 worth
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
toosteeley
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
No way in hell we'll see any form of cash back.

Fingers crossed for decent rates, however.

The price isn't horrible. Lets hope BMW doesn't screw us (and themselves) buy offering 8% lease rates
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I know Audi dropped the rates which is a pain in the ass if you have one and are trying to get rid of it (me). They have just screwed all of their existing clients. Also residual rates were negotiated on 'old' prices. Audi is going to have to buy back leased cars at way more then they are worth. Not very smart Audi.

This is why things like lending rates, additional included options, and cash back are good. The MSRP stays the same which maintains the value of existing cars but incents new buyers.
Incentives and what not lower residual values too, look at domestics where they have like 7 grad cash back...the car new is say 30 k, then you get it for 23...so then that means you've walked away with 0 depreciation the first year?:wink: No it more likely means that anyone that bought the year before just got screwed with 2 years depreication instead of 1

But what do you do...we all want lower prices, and in the end we all suffer from how that effects the value of our current rides...:iono:
Appreciate 0