BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
what does "dealer cost" mean?

Just a couple of quick questions. What would you guys interpret "dealer cost" to be?
invoice pricing?
Wholesale pricing?

I was told I could get "dealer cost" plus 2% on a new BMW if ordered from the factory. I am under the impression this will include the price the dealer pays for the car plus all the extra expenses the dealer will have to process the car (detailing, prep, etc.). I realize the "extra expenses" could get out of hand and possibly shady, but I am more interested in what a dealer actually pays for the vehicle. And giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are legit, what is considered the norm/reasonable additional cost a dealer incurs in the selling of a vehicle?

thanks
Swade
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
mbrunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911/Lotus Exige S

Dealer cost should be equal to Dealer Invoice so no not retail pricing.

You have to be careful though, and know what the actual dealer invoice is. All of that information is available on the forums. Some dealers that I have dealt with try to pull a fast one and say that the retail is their cost.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrunner View Post
Dealer cost should be equal to Dealer Invoice so no not retail pricing.

You have to be careful though, and know what the actual dealer invoice is. All of that information is available on the forums. Some dealers that I have dealt with try to pull a fast one and say that the retail is their cost.
thanks! I meant to put "invoice" instead of retail.....fixed it.
Appreciate 0