OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Get your list of options together!!

yes, you have placed a deposit on an allocation. It sounds like this dealer waits for the allocation to be picked up and change from 047 to 111 status before entering the order. Many dealers enter the order and everything all in advance, but the key thing here is that you have been told you have an allocation and a production week.

Did the other dealers where you have a deposit take a full order with options?

I would keep your other deposits until the allocation is picked up, and It's possible that as the allocations get picked up you might end up with two allocations, but better to have two than one, you can always hand off the second allocation to someone looking in the open allocation thread if that happens.

Yup that's what I plan on doing if both allocations pull through, which sounds like they will. I'll probably hand this one off since the other dealer is closer.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #68
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh man! Just got this email from my dealer. Hopefully it's true!

"The allocation for the 1 M should come out tomorrow. Try to come up with how you want this car built. Are you going to finance it or pay cash? If you are going to finance it, I need to get an application to you and get it submitted by the end of the month. Let me know."

I'll let you know if I hear from him tomorrow. Hopefully BMW doesn't pull the allocation.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #69
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely), a confirmed allocation = status 111 within 24-48hr. That is the earliest "confirmed allocation" status for an order. Everything else is a wait list and speculation, i.e. not guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #70
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MVO View Post
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely), a confirmed allocation = status 111 within 24-48hr. That is the earliest "confirmed allocation" status for an order. Everything else is a wait list and speculation, i.e. not guaranteed.
Soooooo....I don't have an allocation???
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #71
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

So what's happening is that dealers were told exactly how many 'allocations' they were going to get for the whole year. Someone at your dealership knows how many cars BMW told them they'd be getting. One of THOSE spots is commonly referred to as an 'allocation'. You can have one of these 'allocations' now, and you can be status 047,.... all the way until BMW actually is ready to schedule the build date - status 111.

In the normal BMW ordering world, an allocation isn't one until 111. This car is of course following a different process.

SO - moral of the story is to get a hold of the Sales Manager if you have doubt and make them tell you how many cars BMW told them they'd be getting. Then ask him if you have a deposit on one of the those spots - and that they guarantee they'll give it you.

Else good luck.

I had a deposit down at a local dealer for a couple of months who had X allocations. I was the first in-line for X+1. So after a few months I found a dealer on the other coast from me and put a deposit down for their X-1 allocation. After another month or two, the person ahead of me at my local dealer chickened-out,... so I got my local dealer's Xth allocation. yipee.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #72
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
So what's happening is that dealers were told exactly how many 'allocations' they were going to get for the whole year. Someone at your dealership knows how many cars BMW told them they'd be getting. One of THOSE spots is commonly referred to as an 'allocation'. You can have one of these 'allocations' now, and you can be status 047,.... all the way until BMW actually is ready to schedule the build date - status 111.

In the normal BMW ordering world, an allocation isn't one until 111. This car is of course following a different process
I've had this deposit down for a couple weeks now, along with some others. I've been following up with this dealer pretty closely. when he told me they had an open allocation a few weeks ago, he did say the allocation would come out next month, which is apparently tomorrow. I've confirmed that I'm the first for this allocation. So are you saying that I really don't have an allocation, so then what will he be telling me tomorrow? So tomorrow he's just going to tell me tomorrow that I can have the allocation? Not that BMW has accepted it? Sorry for all the questions, just a little confused here.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #73
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
I understand your confusion, having experienced it first hand at 2 other dealers. The sad reality is that nothing is confirmed until you reach that elusive status 111. You may be told you have an allocation, or you may be told you are on the wait list and, in both instances, have a status 047.

In my case, I had a "confirmed" allocation at one dealer and "first spot" at another, both status 047 for 3 weeks, both to this date have not received status 111 (2 months later). I was fortunate enough to buy another client's 1M who declined their order when the car reached the dealership.

Good luck and don't give up.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #74
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM View Post
I've had this deposit down for a couple weeks now, along with some others. I've been following up with this dealer pretty closely. when he told me they had an open allocation a few weeks ago, he did say the allocation would come out next month, which is apparently tomorrow. I've confirmed that I'm the first for this allocation. So are you saying that I really don't have an allocation, so then what will he be telling me tomorrow? So tomorrow he's just going to tell me tomorrow that I can have the allocation? Not that BMW has accepted it? Sorry for all the questions, just a little confused here.
Earlier this year the projected allocations for each US dealer was known by BMWNA and this information may have been communicated to the dealer. This includes an estimated number of allocations for the year and the month of production for each. It sounds like your dealer believes they are getting an allocation soon based on the original estimates and you are the lucky person who will receive that car.

My interpretation based on the information you've provided is that one of their projected allocations was a September build which means they believe allocation should come in the next week or so (don't hold your breath for tomorrow). But at this point, they have not received a confirmed allocation (status 111) from BMW AG for the car. As soon as they have that, they will confirm your desired options so they are sure it is built to your specs.

Hang in there because I think you will ultimately end up with a car. Just be prepared to wait for your confirmed allocation in the next week or two and then a build date sometime in September. If you don't get the allocation by the second week of August, their "assumed" allocation probably won't come for at least another month.

For reference, my small dealer was estimated to get one car for the year with an October build. By some stroke of luck, their allocation was bumped up and I went status 111 the first week of July and the car is now estimated to be completed by August 18th.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #75
T1T2GRE
CW2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1SMC - traded away

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
Hang in there because I think you will ultimately end up with a car. Just be prepared to wait for your confirmed allocation in the next week or two and then a build date sometime in September. If you don't get the allocation by the second week of August, their "assumed" allocation probably won't come for at least another month.

For reference, my small dealer was estimated to get one car for the year with an October build. By some stroke of luck, their allocation was bumped up and I went status 111 the first week of July and the car is now estimated to be completed by August 18th.
+1. Same here. I am now status 150, and originally I was supposed to be a September start/October pickup slot. But until the last moment, the dealer really didn't know, and I think they don't want to create false hopes either.

Hang in there!
      08-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #76
elro
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Glacier Silver

Do you guys think a dealer will get more than 5 allocations? I am next on the list at a South Florida dealer that already received 5 cars. I have a deposit down and the infamous 047 status and nothing confirmed, except my first place in the waiting list....
Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #77
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by elro View Post
Do you guys think a dealer will get more than 5 allocations? I am next on the list at a South Florida dealer that already received 5 cars. I have a deposit down and the infamous 047 status and nothing confirmed, except my first place in the waiting list....
Any thoughts?
Some will and some won't. It really is a guessing game, unfortunately. Some dealers seem to have a good idea of their likely allocations, and others seem to have (or claim) no clue.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #78
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
My dealer will be getting their known allocations for all their cars in the dealer this week. Not sure if it is the same for all other people. (Just to get a point of time reference)
      08-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #79
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
My dealer will be getting their known allocations for all their cars in the dealer this week. Not sure if it is the same for all other people. (Just to get a point of time reference)
I was supposed to find out about mine last Friday, but got a last minute email saying that the date got pushed to tomorrow (Aug 3rd). I guess we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #80
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
I was supposed to find out about mine last Friday, but got a last minute email saying that the date got pushed to tomorrow (Aug 3rd). I guess we'll see.
same thing i was told. first wednesday of the month.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #81
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

That sounds about right. I got my production number on the 7th of July after my dealer received his allocation on the 6th (first wednesday in July)

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #82
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anybody hear from your dealers about your allocations today? I was supposed to hear from my dealer today, but haven't yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #83
silvs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Nothing yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #84
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvs View Post
Nothing yet.
Still nothing here too. Did your dealer tell you that you would hear from them today as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #85
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Still nothing here too. Did your dealer tell you that you would hear from them today as well?
i just talked to my dealer and 2 other places that i had deposits. They all said the allocation notice was pushed until monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #86
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Anybody hear from your dealers about your allocations today? I was supposed to hear from my dealer today, but haven't yet.
My dealer informed me today they expect to receive an allocation tomorrow (Thursday). Hoping to get some good news tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #87
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Got in touch with my dealer and he shot me this email.

"The car still has not pushed into production. I will keep you updated as to when, but it is yours."

From his emails I'm assuming I have got an allocation. However I have still not spec'd out the car. Should I have done that by now?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #88
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Got in touch with my dealer and he shot me this email.

"The car still has not pushed into production. I will keep you updated as to when, but it is yours."

From his emails I'm assuming I have got an allocation. However I have still not spec'd out the car. Should I have done that by now?
Yes you should have specced the car out already i believe. My order is already in the order bank with my specs.
Appreciate 0