BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Clutchmaster FX350

Just installed this and have been driving around now for about 300kms. Great product I must say, ..so far.

Initial feel.. slightly lighter pedal pressure than stock, which is really surprising. I was expecting a performance clutch to be much heavier. Clutch bite point is a fair bit lower too, great for quick getaways and I find it nicer.

However because I'm still running it in (with my old flywheel) I haven't done any hard pulls or launches so can't comment for now.

There is a slight bearing rattle noise (when balancing the clutch) while performing slow manoeuvres like parking though.

Will update after break-in..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Thank you for writing this as many of us are approaching the need to replace ours soon, let us know how it goes ðŸ‘
      01-10-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

How many miles has your car done? Stock power? If not how long was tune on before clutch went? What was the condition of the flywheel

I think I might go same route as you.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

Done with the break-in. But only did a couple of traffic light launches from idle.. no issues with the clutch. Hasn't slipped even after dropping a gear ! Forgot to mention that my car has the CDV removed too, which was probably why the stock clutch couldn't handle aggressive gear changes.

Only thing I've noticed that's annoying is the traction control comes on a lot more now. I've had to use MDM lately.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
How many miles has your car done? Stock power? If not how long was tune on before clutch went? What was the condition of the flywheel

I think I might go same route as you.

Done about 22,000kms. AFE CAI, BMS charge pipe (> stock one broke), mid cats removed. But I noticed even when the car was stock it couldn't handle aggressive gear changes.. this is after CDV removal though. I wanted to do a tune very badly but thought it would be useless since the clutch can't handle the torque & traction was the other issue.

I still used the stock clutch for about 10,000+ kms thereafter, just had to be very gentle when changing gears during hard accelerations. Kept my flywheel, had a couple of burn-ins but the metal was still smooth & even wear.

What did it for me was after taking a Ferrari California at the lights on 1st gear (> car's length), shifted to 2nd and slippage!

Last edited by OneM; 01-22-2015 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

Oh one more thing, since day one, I only drive with the M sport setting mode 'On' so I guess it can be harder on the clutch..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneM View Post
Done about 22,000kms. AFE CAI, BMS charge pipe (> stock one broke), mid cats removed. But I noticed even when the car was stock it couldn't handle aggressive gear changes.. this is after CDV removal though. I wanted to do a tune very badly but thought it would be useless since the clutch can't handle the torque & traction was the other issue.

I still used the stock clutch for about 10,000+ kms thereafter, just had to be very gentle when changing gears during hard accelerations. Kept my flywheel, had a couple of burn-ins but the metal was still smooth & even wear.

What did it for me was after taking a Ferrari California at the lights on 1st gear (> car's length), shifted to 2nd and slippage!
Strange your car was slipping, was the oil seal gone? I have 420ish BHP on mine and never suffered any slippage until about 15000mile mark, it felt rock solid until then and only started slipping going 3rd - 4th!

Glad your happy with the new one though
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
xavierbest
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M coupé/F81 330D/E93 320D

Mine also slip from 1st to 2nd when starting very agressively against a 7 series after the M6 presentation in Belgium. Since this day clutch was never again perfect. Replaced with Sachs kit... But even with him, flywheel was not changed, it burn.
Now 17000 everything is changed again, flywheel + sachs kit+pressure plate + bearing.
Now it can handle the power of the ECU tune
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

The FX350 is a quality product, we get lots of good feedback about it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
a7med606
First Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 1 ///M + F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneM View Post

Just installed this and have been driving around now for about 300kms. Great product I must say, ..so far.

Initial feel.. slightly lighter pedal pressure than stock, which is really surprising. I was expecting a performance clutch to be much heavier. Clutch bite point is a fair bit lower too, great for quick getaways and I find it nicer.

However because I'm still running it in (with my old flywheel) I haven't done any hard pulls or launches so can't comment for now.

There is a slight bearing rattle noise (when balancing the clutch) while performing slow manoeuvres like parking though.

Will update after break-in..
its been a few months since you upgraded your clutch , i am thinking to get the same clutch kit , what is your feedback about it ?

how is it compared to stock ?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #11
OneM
Private First Class
Rep

No issues with the clutch. Its been doing its job fine, never slipped with spirited driving or launches (from idle) .. although I don't track the car so not sure how it'll perform in extreme temperatures

Pedal feel wise, slightly lighter than stock and can get bitey in 1st gear, more so with aircon off
Appreciate 0