BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
capri
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

non-rft tires ordered; what's next logical ?

Many many thanks for this forum and the help you guys helped me! can't thank you enough.

I already ordered 225/40/18 and 255/35/18s Potenzas S-04 based on the forum members help in this group, and it should be here with me within the month or so.

My concern after lurking in this forum is this: should i ?

a.) order some new rims to go with the new set of tires and use the original 261 rims as spare

b.) do the shocks first to compensate for possible sloppiness of handling w/ the new tires & do the rims later ?

If i also do the shocks first like the Bilstein and Koni, in the event i use the orig run flats as spares, does the ride become so hard or stiffens more ?

Is this a one way process were once i replace the shocks, the tires has to be non-rfts already and no turning back to the rfts ?

Situation is this: the car will NOT be tracked, mostly street and highway use with many potholes, road irregularities, uneven roads, some dirt roads.
Car definitely cannot be lowered with any suspension upgrades due to the above road conditions we have here in our country.

the rfts original in my experience feels great especially the steering response but the ride is stiff & hard. Handling/cornering is not bad esp after i inflated tires to 35/35 psi. I hope the new S-04 will be more comfy but i don't want to loose the great steering response from the RFTs.

My concern now: go with the new rims (alufelgens cs7 18 x 8; 18 x9) or get the shocks first (Bilstein HD or Koni yellow) ?

Thanks and million thanks!!!

Capri
Appreciate 0