BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #67
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

A friend of me saw you at the Nürburgring last weekend and said it was very loud
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #68
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 250 Cup

Hi guys, I'm Roberto and I work at Supersprint...
A few things:
A video of the car on the dyno and revving with the full system is on the way.
The system will go into production after the summer break, it should be available for sale in October.
We were happy with the results, both in terms of performance and sound. No drone, a full and meaty sound at low revs and the straight six howl at high revs is there (if not as strong as in a M3 E46, obviously the two turbos mitigate it and it doesn't go so high with revs)
We're grateful with nieue/Phil for the car and to Evolve Automotive to have brought us toghether!

I was very impressed with the car in the few road tests we made, the car pushes so strong at any rpm and the suspensions are spot on, not too stiff but planted...I can imagine how much fun it was at the Ring! I am a supporter of small cars with big engines...as you can tell from my profile.

I hope there will be a videos of the car on the move because it sounds awesome under load.

It's sad there will be so few, it deserves a full production like the M3. Not bad for a car put toghether with spare parts from the bin, don't you think?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:18 AM   #69
mm1
Private
Rep
Drives: exE90 M3/ now1M

Pm me the price options, when the system is released.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #70
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep

Got it. Anyway the listed price should be around 5.000 euros + taxes for the full system, with cats and a silenced centre section, plus eventual discounts.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #71
mm1
Private
Rep
Drives: exE90 M3/ now1M

Is it also ti system. I mean Akra is ti and they seem to be asking ~ the same price. But anyway, let me know the exact price when you have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #72
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieue View Post
Not sure if it's wheels or crack but will send email and find out. I run 255 corsa front and 285 at rear (same size as GTS and Moto GP car) How ever it does rub on the arches so I might change back to original tyre size as you can do anything as there is an intercooler quite close to the plastic.
it is not the intercooler, it is the second watercooler on the left, en the oilcooler on the right.

With full lock with the standard tires is is barely touching the plastic, so any size up will rub, except when you decrease the height of the tire.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #73
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1 View Post
Is it also ti system. I mean Akra is ti and they seem to be asking ~ the same price. But anyway, let me know the exact price when you have it.
I'm not sure about it...on their official website, at least in Italy, they sell the catback system for the 335i at 4000 €+taxes, the less expensive option is the stailness steel slip-on at 1700 € (the rear SS exhaust is 1100 €, the catback 1980 €)
Keep in mind that the SS system has downpipes, HJS cats under the car, a centre silencer...
Their full system for the GT3, with sports cats and manifold, is a whopping 9000€...almost double the SS full system, which is not titanium.

I'd have a lot to say about titanium anyway...

I wasn't able to find the prices for the UK or the US either.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #74
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

Are you going to sell the rear silencer only and if, what price range are we talking? And are you going to get a nice sound if you only change the rear silencer?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #75
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep

With the racing rear exhaust you do get an increase in sound...the performance increase is small..I'll post the dyno chart of that too later. The price should be around 1000 €.

All the pictures and dyno charts here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...66238146753277

Last edited by Gardus; 07-12-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #76
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

The race level exhaust (non TUV approved with the 80mm double walled tips) like on Nieue's 1M has been developed by Supersprint to our sound and tailpipe specification and will be an evolve product.

The quieter TUV system with 80mm rolled in tailpipes will be Supersprint's option on the 1M.

Here is the dyno chart for the full system with the evolve race exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #77
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Exhaust looks great guys and with a nice power bump too.

I may have missed it, but are there any plans for making either a catless or cat'd downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #78
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
I have heard that the KW Clubsport kit is the same on out of a non EDC E90 M3 where as shock valving has stayed the same and with a slight change of the spring rates. The E9X uses a 500/800 setup, but based on the fact that suspension geometry is virtually unchanged in the 1m I would guess that the motion ratio is somewhat similar so the new rates couldnt be far off.
That is what KW said. It's basically the none EDC E9x M3 kit and the same part#'s so I dont' think there is a spring rate change.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #79
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieue View Post

I wanted the top mounts so it made sense to go club sport.
Generally the V3's will not accommodate comp top mounts due to the length of the piston rod (shorter) but KW can upgrade the piston rod on the V3's to fit......

I run lighter aluminium housed (not stainless inox-line) clubsports on my track focused OPC running track day rubber but only plan to run V3's on the 1M as I find the clubsports much more track focused (firm due to the competition springs and uprated valving) compared with my previous V3's which were much more complimented to a fast road set up and use, but then that's my opinion based on the 2 set ups on crap British roads and I don't plan on using the 1M to often on track if at all, maybe once or twice lol........

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 07-14-2011 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #80
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Exhaust looks great guys and with a nice power bump too.

I may have missed it, but are there any plans for making either a catless or cat'd downpipe?
Yes both will be an option. The dyno graph above is full system including downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #81
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep

More picures and info:
http://www.supersprint.com/en/doc-s-...velopment.aspx
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #82
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Bit off topic...Power looks very strong on the graphs with very little drop off after 5500rpm. How come I hear others talk about significant losses before red-line?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #83
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Has it been confirmed that the headers are the same as in the N54 135i?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #84
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Didn't know the N54 had headers.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #85
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Didn't know the N54 had headers.
LOL, I was just recently on another forum talking non-BMW cars so that's where "headers" came from. Meant downpipes!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #86
nieue
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M235i

Hi this is the full spec from KW - 2 options Variant 3 and Clubsport for the 1M. Comment from KW:

"With regards to the 1M kits the V3 is very simular to that of the M3 E92 however the clubsport kit is different with complete revised rear dampers"

Variant 3 BMW 1M 35290025 £1705.31 Inc. Vat
KW Variant 3 inox-line – Perfect Street Performance

State-of-the-art technology from motor sports for more performance on the road. The separate and independently adjustable rebound- and compression damping allows for an individual suspension setup for different uses and preferences. The unique patented system with its two-stage valves allows a rebound damping adjustment (comfort) and a compression adjustment (driving dynamics) in the low-speed range while the high-speed range which controls the driving safety, is fixed.
Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound- and compression technology
inox-line* stainless steel technology
Individually height adjustable
Adjustment parameters approved by the German Technical Control Board (TÜV)
High-quality components for long durability
Infinitely variable rebound damping adjustment
14-way adjustable compression damping
Unique, individually working damping force adjustment
Comprehensive documentation for easy use

Clubsport BMW 1M 35220867 £2159.09 Inc. Vat (With topmounts)
KW clubsport – Performance for racetrack & road

KW Clubsport was developed for customers, who demand a better handling car when participating in track day events, but also require an offi cial road approval to use their car every day. The setup was specifi cally designed for the Nordschleife using track day tyres. By using the optional available adjustable top mounts, the suspension geometry can be adjusted to the requirements of tires and the intended use. The mentioned adjustment options combined with the independently adjustable rebound and compression damping technology allow individual setup adjustments according to the vehicle load, tyre characteristics and different track conditions. KW Clubsport meets every demand regarding a coilover for the usage on the road and the race track.

KW Clubsport suspension kits are independently adjustable in compression and rebound forces and include high performance racing springs. Racing top mounts are optionally available for further performance. KW Clubsport guarantees excellent handling, best performance, highest agility and fantastic lap times.
Height adjustable coilovers
Performance setup for the racetrack
Dampers in compression & rebound forces independently adjustable
Use of high performance linear race springs/li>
In stainless steel technology inox-line
Additional available with racing top mounts
TÜV approval possible depending on the specification
(see references)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #87
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

@ nieue

Thanks for posting! Seems V3 will meet my needs should I consider an upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #88
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Where are those soundclips? I want to hear it rock
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0