BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #23
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

>> Is that just the sun shining on it or a halogen light?

That's just the sun.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
JimBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives:

Ouch that sucks.

Dealers should be smarter than this.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #25
JiveTurkey
JiveTurkey
Turkmenistan
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I SGM

If you don't trust the dealer, I would go to a detail shop, get a quote, take it back to the dealer and see what they say. If you dont get the results you want, I would get your car insurance involved.
Every model the Bavarian brand produces is an engineering masterwork, manna for driving enthusiast, an internal-combustion mallet for pummeling comparison-test rivals into humiliated awe - Arthur St. Antoine
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #26
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

holy sh!t thats horrible! sorry to see that, man.
      05-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #27
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Looks like they washed the wheels... then washed the car with the same mitt.

Assholes.

My dealership did something similar on a door panel when I was picking up my new JB 1er. There was a small hairline scratch in the clearcoat near the door handle on the passenger side. They "fixed it" and for what it was worth it looked good for a couple days. After the cheap-ass wax started wearing off you could see that they had buffed the entire door (not just the small damaged area) with what looked like a grinder. I had them fix it, but it still doesn't look the same.

The Jett Black clear coat is so_damn_soft.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #28
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpeck View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm writing a letter to the owner of the dealership along with pictures of the car. At this point I'll be asking the dealership to cover the cost of a professional detailing that will hopefully resolve the issue.

The challenge I'm faced with now is finding a detail shop I can trust with a Jet Black BMW.

Any suggestions on what to ask a body shop/detailer to determine if they are skilled enough to not ruin the finish even more?

The last thing I want is some goofball with an orbital buffer doing more damage...
http://www.autopia.org/directory/Cat...uto-detailing/

http://www.detailuniversity.com/find-a-detailer

These are good places to start looking for a quality detailer. Call a few up, ask them what products and equipment they use, what cars they typically work on, and go from there.

You might, ever so casually, mention bimmerpost, BMW of Lincoln, and ebay if you talk to the owner.

Appreciate 0