BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

$649 MadDad Exhausts - a few still available

1/9/2010

In case you start off at the beginning of this thread rather than the end. Here are the things you'll want to know/see.

1. Extended Audio/Video of the complete Whisper EuroSport Downpipe-Back System(midpipe + axleaback)

Direct Link to our BMW Products on our secure website:
Order Performance Axleback or complete Downpipe-back - also be aware that what we call our axleback some vendors confusingly call them catbacks. There are very few "true" catbacks for this car. BMW's Performance Catback is a true catback - most others are playing on the marketing to try and make you think you are getting more. With this car there are more Axleback and Downpipeback systems than anything else. A Catback on this car requires cutting the factory midpipe right after the last cats to replace everything after the last cats. Axleback exhausts of which there are many, leave the big resonator(that looks like a muffler) that is right after the factory axleback section but before the last factory cats. I hope this makes sense to everyone. It's important to understand what you are buying. PM if you need further clarification.

Order Resonated Midpipe Only
Relative power gains from just the MadDad midpipe. Baseline was with the performance axlback already installed. The full system will produce even more power but we didn't have a baseline with the stock axleback at the time of this dyno. We'll have that later this month(January) along with what the relative gains would be with a JB3 which I'm sure lots of people will like to see. This dyno chart is same dyno, same day...actually within 90 minutes of each other, all parameters identical so no funny marketing claims here just honest relative gains.

R.
====================
Hey folks,

We have a few(actually 4) MadDad axleback exhausts with the polished stainless steel tips still available at the intro price from early this year. There has never been a top quality axleback offered at this price on this forum or anywhere else. These are all hand made for 135i here in the US. All T304 SS. Nothing is skimped. We use TIG welds instead of MIG. If you know about exhausts/welding you know TIGs are better than MIGs. More expensive yes, but we make a premium product and there is no sense in skimping a few dollars on the welds when everything else it done to such high standards. Some other noteworthy features. Our production units(which the 4 left are) also have mounts to reinstall the factory vibration damper. That's the round/cylinder shapped piece of rubber that is attached to your exhaust. It helps isolate vibrations which helps mitigate drone. We sweat the little details like this. We also hand back the canisters with an imported German exhaust packing. Its a patented engineered fiber that is not all like the typical exhaust packing. Once it is broken in it simply will not blow out. We've been making Whisper exhaust series exhausts since 2004 for the Subaru world and you will find there are more people that own thier Whisper exhaust 2-3-4 years later than just about any other exhaust. That's because years later the sound still is the same. Sometimes what you can't see is the most import part of your exhaust.

To be clear the 4 units left are all the polished stainless steel. We fianlly got our shipment of carbon fiber tips so probably sometime end of next month we'll finally be able to start shipping CF tip versions...although they will run about $150 more than the SS tip version.

So for the price of a T304 exhaust pipe from others you can get quite possibly the best real axleback on the market...OK I'm somewhat partial to the brand

Last footnotes. This is a 3" axleback but it was designed to mate with the factory intermediate(aka mids) pipe, and we've also installed them with CPE catless intermediate pipes and fitment is just fine. Our intermediate is still in development and will be something a little more special than the current offerings.

4 Exhausts available at $649.95 plus shipping. Get them while they last.
Direct link: http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...9&cat=0&page=1

Some pics with the CF tips, I'll try and find some with the SS:

CF Tips

SS Tips

Last edited by maddad; 01-09-2010 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Awesome exhaust here guys. I love the sound, finish and fitment.
Attached Images

10-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

$649 MadDad Exhaust

The best part of this deal of course is there is no lines and no waiting. Unlike Group Buys where you pay and wait. You can buy what is argulably the best built, best fitting axleback on the market for the lowest price every offered anywhere for an axleback for you 135i. This exhaust is T304SS with TIG welds. Compare it to anything remotely close to it's built quality and you'll appreciate this price even more.

Here is a shot showing the stainless steel tips for the units left in stock at the $649.95 price. This picture was just before full production. We added a mount for the vibration damper that is all all the production units. Using this photo to show the tips(and more of the built detail)

A TIG weld from a Whisper Axleback
      10-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Are there any better sound clips? The ones I found on youtube weren't that great.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I just ordered a GoPro camera in an effort to get some better clips. I'm not in an area where I can really get out and rip down the street while someone holds a camera, so I've ordered a camera I can just mount to the car and rip up the highway with it but it won't get here until later late in the week, and I'm out of town on vacation for a week so it will be a good two weeks before I have "good" clips. If I have any opportunity with a friend to grab something better than what's out this week with my curren camcorder I will. I have another local customer that has one installed with his CPE midpipes(to complete the catback..or downpipe back setup) and I'll see if I can get with him this week as well.

R.
      10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep

I'd love to hear it with the cp-e midpipes!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikelol View Post
I'd love to hear it with the cp-e midpipes!
As it is righ now I'll be meeting up with a friend tomorrow night that has his Whisper with CPE's. I want to post a clip of that prior to heading out for vacation for the week(next week).

R.
      10-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: i3, 335i GT, e46 M3 vert SC

any better deal for a guy who had to sell his whisper from his sti when he got rid of it and is a bit strapped for cash ?????
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
Fireflyer239
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Jeep, Ducati & Harley

Where in Mass are you, MadDad? Are you an "internet only" company or do you have a shop open to the public? Your website does not list an address or phone#, which makes me wonder why. My ride is a 128, so I'll need the flange installed up front and would consider having you guys do the work. I'm in CT and very interested in your axle-back. Thanks for any info.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fireflyer239; 10-08-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

saikelol - as soon as I'm done writing this PM I'm out the door to meet up with a forum member to see if we can get some good clips tonight.

Driftmotion - I have an early system were I melted the clearcoat on my carbon fiber tips while racing an M5 at insane speeds for way too long. The exhaust was cooking and so did the clearly coat in my tips. I have to have the tips replaced. Once done I can give you a deal on that unit. I remember you from iwsit forum.

Fireflyer239 - I'm in MA. but only administratively. All of the exhausts are fabricated in CA. and shipped only from there. We work with a number of the local shops we have good relationships with on the install. Synaptic3 Engineering in Candia, NH. DENTSport Garage in Norwood,MA. Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA. and a number of others. I don't have anyone specific out in CT. though. Daddy's SCP/MadDad has been around since since 2003. There are a lot of mini brands that come and but we've been around for quite a long time. See driftmotion's comment. We've been serving the Subaru community for years. It's nice to see some of the boyz over here.

Hopefully next post will be with sound clips.

There are 3 exhausts left at $649.95

R.
      10-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Are there any better sound clips? The ones I found on youtube weren't that great.
Here is mine with Catless DP's...if you need a drive-by let me know....definitely the best sounding axelback...it was complimented on multiple times by my tuning shops (Autometrics and European Road and Racing in Charleston, SC - both noted Porsche/BMW tuners) and by others at Ocktoberfest (including my race instructor).

Last edited by adrean8j; 10-08-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Thanks for the sound clips! It sounds deeper than other exhausts from what I can tell. Are you still running stock midpipes with your setup? A driveby clip would be great!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

WOW that does sound nice! I know what i want for xmas
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the sound clips! It sounds deeper than other exhausts from what I can tell. Are you still running stock midpipes with your setup? A driveby clip would be great!
Catless Dp's, Stock midpipe and the Maddad AxelBack...I will try to do some drive-bys...maybe in a few min. if I can think of a nice quiet road....

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro2296 View Post
WOW that does sound nice! I know what i want for xmas
Trust me I did serious research and listened to many, many sound clips before I decided on this one...the only one that sounds better costs 3x as much - Eisenmann (at least IMHO). It really, really does sound good
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Same here! I like the sound on it from your clip, sounds kick a$$! I too like Eisenmann but yea it is pricy. Just bought some rims so will have to wait awhile until i pick this up, but will pick this exhaust up when i get the chance.
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Here are a couple extra quick video's I made this evening (not great production quality but with a great set of speakers/headphones you will hear what you need to hear:

In car windows down

Crappy drive-by...LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

MadDad Exhaust

OK so here is another arrangement. Stock downpipe, catless midpipes, and Whisper axleback. Best we could do tonight. I realize the location we're taking these gives some echo because it's an industrial park and we get a little echo off the buildings..but it's the only safe place we had at the given our of the night. When I get back from vacation end of next week I should have my new car camera I can mount on the rear of the car and just tool around the street.

10-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Great vid with the cat-less mid pipes. Home much more volume might one expect to see from going this route over just your axle back?

BTW, what other shots might you want of the exhaust? I am back in town again but only for a couple days and can clean the car up and take some more like you asked.
      10-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Great vid with the cat-less mid pipes. Home much more volume might one expect to see from going this route over just your axle back?

BTW, what other shots might you want of the exhaust? I am back in town again but only for a couple days and can clean the car up and take some more like you asked.
It's a pretty big step up in volume. It takes the character that is there with just the axleback and just turns it up. I love the back gurgle you get even with just the axleback but I drove the above car last night and it makes we want to have our MadDad midpipes on my car right now...of course they aren't available yet but we're pushing get them done, they are way overdue. But as seen in the flurry of videos the exhaust seems to sound equally good with catless downpipes with factory midpipes, and stock downpipes with catless midpipes..in this setup there seems to be a whole heap full of snap, crackle, pop when off throttle. Reminds me of a mini-me version of my brothers C6 Corvette with the Billy Boat exhaust. In a quiter kind of way. His C6 is scary sounding but I love the snap, crackle, pop off throttle. If you listen to the above clips again. The ones where he gets to the end of the road and turns around you can really hear it.

MadMan77 - Anything you want to contribute really. At one point we had no quality clips and we're getting a good run of them in short order. I have a feeling there might be a lot more MadDad Whispers landing on cars as a result.

I have another clips to post of my running on the same road with just the axleback on an otherwise stock car but I won't get to post those for about another 10 days. This is definately my last post for the week. On vacation as of right now, and on a plane to Florida in the morning

Happy Driving folks. 3 systems left at the lowest price ever advertised for a premium quality 135i exhaust(I'm excluding the the couple of products that I would call test pipes with no "muffler").

R.
      10-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #21
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddad View Post
saikelol - as soon as I'm done writing this PM I'm out the door to meet up with a forum member to see if we can get some good clips tonight.

Driftmotion - I have an early system were I melted the clearcoat on my carbon fiber tips while racing an M5 at insane speeds for way too long. The exhaust was cooking and so did the clearly coat in my tips. I have to have the tips replaced. Once done I can give you a deal on that unit. I remember you from iwsit forum.

Fireflyer239 - I'm in MA. but only administratively. All of the exhausts are fabricated in CA. and shipped only from there. We work with a number of the local shops we have good relationships with on the install. Synaptic3 Engineering in Candia, NH. DENTSport Garage in Norwood,MA. Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA. and a number of others. I don't have anyone specific out in CT. though. Daddy's SCP/MadDad has been around since since 2003. There are a lot of mini brands that come and but we've been around for quite a long time. See driftmotion's comment. We've been serving the Subaru community for years. It's nice to see some of the boyz over here.

Hopefully next post will be with sound clips.

There are 3 exhausts left at $649.95

R.
ya let me know .... mind you i would actually prefer the metal tips!!! (might make it easier for ya) and cheaper for me
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep

did you get back from vacation ????
Appreciate 0