BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Detailing in Dallas TX

I did a search in the regional forum and came up with nothing. I'm needing a good wash, clay bar, and wax detail done to my Jet Black 135i in the Dallas Texas area. Any one know where I can get that done?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

I would say if you just want a wash/clay/wax then you are probably better off doing that yourself. I did it to my car about a month ago and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought, ~2.5-3 hours for a good wash/dry with leaf blower, clay by hand and wax by hand. A detailer will likely charge you 150 bucks or something outrageous like that. I probably used about $30 in supplies.

That said, if you really want to pay someone to do that call Josh with Ottman detailing (google). He detailed mine after I bought it/before I applied clear bra and did a fantastic job. He won't do anything to your car that it doesn't need, very fair guy. That said he is usually very busy so you will have to work around his schedule.

Seriously though I have plenty of supplies you would need to do this. I can also put you in contact with a guy who sells Adams detailing supplies in the Dallas area. Spend $100 bucks with him and you will have plenty of supplies to do this type of thing yourself a number of times.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
I would say if you just want a wash/clay/wax then you are probably better off doing that yourself. I did it to my car about a month ago and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought, ~2.5-3 hours for a good wash/dry with leaf blower, clay by hand and wax by hand. A detailer will likely charge you 150 bucks or something outrageous like that. I probably used about $30 in supplies.

That said, if you really want to pay someone to do that call Josh with Ottman detailing (google). He detailed mine after I bought it/before I applied clear bra and did a fantastic job. He won't do anything to your car that it doesn't need, very fair guy. That said he is usually very busy so you will have to work around his schedule.

Seriously though I have plenty of supplies you would need to do this. I can also put you in contact with a guy who sells Adams detailing supplies in the Dallas area. Spend $100 bucks with him and you will have plenty of supplies to do this type of thing yourself a number of times.
I really appreciate that man. I have tossed the idea around of doing it myself. I've got all the proper equipment and supplies. It would just be hard to find the time to do it, and I don't want to take the chance of damaging the paint. I have some swirl marks and spider web marks in the paint. I was really wanting a professional to take care of this for me and do a full paint correction to the car. It would be nice to have someone come while I'm at work.
Appreciate 0