BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
JBurer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i, 1991 911 Turbo

Confirmed on the phone just a minute ago - thankfully this is not the policy of my local BMW dealership.
Wouldn't be getting my business on the next car, if it was!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #24
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewyjr15 View Post
i know that i am not 25, but i have gotten loaners when i had my volvo. Also my ca said when i need service to give him a call and he will set everything up and give me a loaner for a small fee i think like 20-25 bucks or something. But i do not know if this is the case if i go to any of the other local dealerships. Within 10 miles of where i live there are 3 dealerships and i bought my car from a dealership over 30 miles away. so only time will tell if i can get a loaner from the closer dealers. As for the OP o would just ask them to shuttle you to work real quick like you said its only 5 miles away, or schedule your service for a weekend how long can it take for a brake light replacement? On a side note i went in for an oil change with my volvo once i was the first in at 7 am did not leave until 1pm!
You shouldn't have to pay any fee........it sounds like you're basically renting the car if you have to pay.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #25
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
But, don't dealers make most of their money on servicing and not the sale of cars? By pissing off a service customer you are losing a lucrative part of your business are you not? Even with warranty work they get paid by BMWNA.
Even if it isn't lucrative it seems to me if you want to sell someone a car down the road or continue to be paid for service work you should treat them as good as their "home" dealership. BMWNA should reinforce this. So going to any BMW dealership is a pleasant experience so long as I only ever buy cars from that dealership? What if you were looking for a second car and bought an Infiniti instead, would they look down on you for not being "loyal"?

My mother bought her Acura from a dealership on the far side of town, and twice she brought it in to a local dealership for service and received a loaner RSX no questions asked. If Acura gets this why doesn't BMW? Your BMW is done and bought already, they should be looking to build customer satisfaction so you'll buy your next car from them, not by treating you as if you are a traitor undeserving of being able to utilize their loan car fleet.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #26
Schneller!
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi & 2010 X535i

That is jacked up...I've been driving Acuras (RSX and TL Type S) for the last 5 years and have been treated like a king by every Acura dealer I visited. I am in the military so I move around a lot - but every Acura loaner I received was not only never an issue, they usually loaned the model up from what I brought in (enticement maybe?)

I think a loaner should be automatic if warranty work is being done...
      02-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #27
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
When I had my FX35 and the 2 times I ever took it into service, I always got a G35X loaner car, no questions asked. With my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, yes, its 12 years old THIS YEAR, when it has to remain for service for more than a day, I always get a brand new PT cruiser for free. I even opted to pay for the 2yr contract of free oil and filter changes every 3k for $85 with the guarantee of a free loaner or a free enterprise rental. And no, I did not buy the Jeep from this dealer, I am now the 3rd owner and bought it private party.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #28
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
You shouldn't have to pay any fee........it sounds like you're basically renting the car if you have to pay.
The $25 charge is to pay for insurance cover. You usually have to sign insurance papers, and pay a small amount which covers you from liabity incase anything happens to the car. I'm sure some dealerships would wave this fee and cover the cost but I'm pretty sure there are other dealerships out there that sting people.
Appreciate 0