BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Jettt
Gun Slinger
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow and with caution

135i getting wrapped wednesday

Car goes in for wrap in a couple days.

Still debating what to do.

Its all white now so maybe just the roof, spoiler, diffuser and side mirrors CF wrap?

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Not a fan of selectively wrapping certain panels with fake CF. I'd say wrap the whole car in some bold new sexy color (a-la bogart), but its your car, to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

I agree, I personally hate fake CF wraps... I would do black, as I can understand whole car wraps cost a ton.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
Not a fan of selectively wrapping certain panels with fake CF. I'd say wrap the whole car in some bold new sexy color (a-la bogart), but its your car, to each his own.
I agree, honestly I think wrapping the car is trying to make it something its not. Either go real cf or go home.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Jettt
Gun Slinger
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow and with caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
I agree, honestly I think wrapping the car is trying to make it something its not. Either go real cf or go home.
Something it's not? Haha calm down there

Itll look the same regardless of wether or not it's real cf or vinyl

Besides. It's something quick and it will make it stand out a bit more just in time for this season. I never said real cf was never an option. But at this point vinyl wrap seems more fit to my needs. What if I don't really like the cf look, Atleast I didn't waste time on paint lol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
Stohlen
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettt View Post
Itll look the same regardless of wether or not it's real cf or vinyl
Trust me they look very different. But just on the topic of cf vs vinyl.... to me its kinda like this:

Real Carbon Fiber = a real M3.

CF Vinyl = a 335i with an M badge on it.

But I kinda feel the same way about normal wrapping. I see the pro's in it, but if you're not gonna change it up every few months or something, its just not as good as paint.

And trust me, I know I am an obsessive, opinionated nut bag
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
r0nd3L
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I have CF vinyl roof on mine. Honestly, I wish it was wrapped with glossy black, would be much classier.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
CF vinyl is pretty lame because it means you want to look like you have light weight parts, but the truth is you can't afford them.
Vinyl instead of paint though is a good option.
      03-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Wrap it in a matte black. Done. No more flaming from anyone!
      03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
matte red will be my direction in a while
      03-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisN
matte red will be my direction in a while
This I gotta see Chris!
      03-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
CF vinyl is pretty lame because it means you want to look like you have light weight parts, but the truth is you can't afford them.
Vinyl instead of paint though is a good option.
Man y'all r a tough bunch. The dude asked what parts look good in cf not if your opinion on cf wrap vs real cf.

I don't think your above statement is totally true man. Now I'd say if you wrap a spoiler or a lip in cf then yes that's going cheap compaired to if you just bought the real thing. But as far I as a roof goes is there even a company that makes a real cf overlay to fit the one series roof? I haven't seen one. So if you wanted that look for your roof then wrap is pretty much the only way to go unless you had someone custom fabricate a sheet to fit which would be very expensive I'm sure and most wouldn't want to spend that even if you can afford it. All I'm saying is (for the roof anyway) it can't be considered looking like you're trying to have something you can't afford if no one makes a real cf replacement. And some people care nothing about functionality. He may strictly like the cf look and care less about what it weighs. If that's the case he would probobly not care if someone thought he's just trying to pretend he has light weight parts he can't afford if all he wanted was that look.

So if this is your opinion with cf wrap does that mean that everyone who buys replicas of forged or 3 piece wheels are trying to look like they can afford something they can't? I have forged wheels an I bought them strictly for the style they were. I could care less that they were forged. Had I found a set similar to them that weren't that were offered in the right offset Ida bought them instead but I couldn't. Point im trying to make is if a persons doing something for looks an functionally dosent matter then they probobly aren't thinking man I hope people think this is real an I look like I'm a baller lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettt View Post
haha ppl r just too quick to hate

I just found it funny how after just buying the car for over 50k brand new someone has the balls to say I cant afford a small spoiler in real cf lol

The season is just around the corner and being the first season with it I found wrap not such a bad idea to get it road ready in a hurry. There is a really good shop in the area that does stuff like this all the time so Im excited to take it there.

http://www.restyleit.ca/
Be sure and post pics when it's done man. Best of all if you hate it rip it off and try something else.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Man y'all r a tough bunch. The dude asked what parts look good in cf not if your opinion on cf wrap vs real cf.

I don't think your above statement is totally true man. Now I'd say if you wrap a spoiler or a lip in cf then yes that's going cheap compaired to if you just bought the real thing. But as far I as a roof goes is there even a company that makes a real cf overlay to fit the one series roof? I haven't seen one. So if you wanted that look for your roof then wrap is pretty much the only way to go unless you had someone custom fabricate a sheet to fit which would be very expensive I'm sure and most wouldn't want to spend that even if you can afford it. All I'm saying is (for the roof anyway) it can't be considered looking like you're trying to have something you can't afford if no one makes a real cf replacement. And some people care nothing about functionality. He may strictly like the cf look and care less about what it weighs. If that's the case he would probobly not care if someone thought he's just trying to pretend he has light weight parts he can't afford if all he wanted was that look.

So if this is your opinion with cf wrap does that mean that everyone who buys replicas of forged or 3 piece wheels are trying to look like they can afford something they can't? I have forged wheels an I bought them strictly for the style they were. I could care less that they were forged. Had I found a set similar to them that weren't that were offered in the right offset Ida bought them instead but I couldn't. Point im trying to make is if a persons doing something for looks an functionally dosent matter then they probobly aren't thinking man I hope people think this is real an I look like I'm a baller lol.
But BMW has put real CF roofs on M3s so putting a vinyl one on your 1 is about the same as putting the M badge on the rear. You can do it, but it's fake.
      03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
ian.j
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
don't forget about all the scalpel scars your car might be left with.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
Fone Phreak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.j
don't forget about all the scalpel scars your car might be left with.
There should be no blade marks unless install is done by a total rookie
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
Stohlen
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
But as far I as a roof goes is there even a company that makes a real cf overlay to fit the one series roof?
There are two companies that make CF roof panels that replace your stock roof. Including a sunroof delete for more roof savings.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack
Quote:

But BMW has put real CF roofs on M3s so putting a vinyl one on your 1 is about the same as putting the M badge on the rear. You can do it, but it's fake.
Well I could think of a couple other examples of things that only come on ///M cars that a good amount of the community still likes to do and finds attractive (quad exhaust) and they don't get flamed for it. If the above is your opinion that's fair. But no need to be Condescending about it implying that he can't afford the "best parts" in your opinion for his car.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #19
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I just think CF wraps look tacky. But its my opinion. Which was asked of me.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Should have had your window trim wrapped while you were there!!!!
      03-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #21
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Looks like they did a good job
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #22
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (Sold) @downf0rce

I think the CF looks great! I really want to wrap my roof in black now.
Appreciate 0