BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI MSport, S2000

Garage List
For Sale or Trade: Built Motor, Port Injected, Xona Rotor 6156 2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 16,000.00

Item Interest
Link to Images:
View post on imgur.com

I have decided to change platforms; I've been at the MS3 platform for ~6 years. I have yet to decide which I will be switching to...but it will be something RWD. I've decided that something has to be a N54. I've posted here for the possibility of trading with someone in a similar situation, though I will also sell it outright for the right price.

The car.

2007 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring in Sunlight Silver.
VIN: JM1BK34L471711102

Bought from a fellow enthusiast in 2014; this last year (2016) I rebuilt the motor with brand new everything. The motor runs super smooth. Car was never driven in the winter and rarely in the rain. It is currently in my garage and will not move unless someone is interested in buying it.

I own the vehicle, there is no lien against the car. Clean, Green MI Title in Hand.

64.2k on Chassis, ~2k on new Built Motor and Turbo Setup.

I can provide a build sheet and parts list upon request for the build. I did not mess around with replacing components when doing the build; all replacement components were OEM Mazda (minus rod bearings which are Clevites). Before I started tuning, measured 180-185 PSI across the board in compression test.

Motor:
CPE Atmosphere Kit (CPE Tial VBand Flanged Manifold, EWG w/ recirc into downpipe) with Xona Rotor 61°56 (61 lb/min)
Wiseco OTS .020 Over Pistons
Pauter Rods
Keyed Crank
L19 Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Slightly Ported Intake Runners on Head
JMF Intake Mani (Prototype) w/ 60 lb/hr Siemens Shorty Injectors run off E85 fuel cell in the trunk
Split Second Controller for PI (will include software)
3.5" Intake (Custom)
TurboXS FMIC
Balance Shaft Delete
Greddy Ti-C CBE
Damond Motorsports RMM, TMM, PMM
3 Port EBCS
Cobb V3 Accessport + VersaTune (both married to car)
Southbend Stage 3 Endurance Clutch (replaced Slave when it was put in)
HKS BPV
Custom Catch Can

Suspension:
Bilstein B8 + Cobb Springs
JBR RSB
Corksport Mid Chassis Brace
TB Motorsports Traction Bar
Custom Trunk Brace

Brakes:
Fronts: High Carbon blanks w/ EBC Yellows
Rears: Stock

Wheels:
Black RPF1 17x9 +45 w/ 255/4017 Nitto NT05 ~50% tread

Interior:
Gauges: Oil Pressure, EGT, and Boost. EGT sensor is a little finicky. I was planning on replacing it with oil temp sensor. I installed a sandwich plate with the sensor installed already, it just needs to be wired up.
Shifter: Damond SSP w/ Maisonvi heavy sphere shift knob
Head unit: Touchscreen w/ GPS. I honestly cannot remember the name of it, but it's pre-eonon era. It's okay.

It is currently tuned ~450whp. It got too cold outside before I could finish tuning it. To be very honest I'm not 100% sure what it is at due to not being able to keep traction in 40° weather. Regardless I'm pretty confident this setup will hit 600whp no problem. I have run ~600whp on the same setup (with a GT3582R) with no problems. This turbo is the latest and greatest from the guys at Forced Performance; that equates to much faster spool and same top end as that larger framed snail.

I have included pictures of the 2 scuffs on the car; one is a scratch that I did a mediocre job of repairing (only noticable in the light) and front bump which got a little crunched from a tow strap when I blew a coupler in half (pushed back out and looks pretty solid now unless you get down on your hands and knees).

Included:
- Cobb Race Tuner Software for car/device
- R4 Software for Split-Second Controller (Controls Port Injection)
- Bunch of stock parts (do not have all of them)
- Versatune (not currently being used) w/ license and cable

Asking 16k OBO

OR

Trade for E90 335i M/T (MSport or Sport Package) or E82 M/T. Mods are very welcome and desired; has to have IDrive.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I can also provide additional pictures upon request. Thanks.

Link to Images:
View post on imgur.com

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
What up bud, Tigrayspeed6 here. Way happy with my e82/n54 and suspect you would be to.

this is a great example of the speed3 platform for anybody interested, well put together and very worth loking into!
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #3
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
What up bud, Tigrayspeed6 here. Way happy with my e82/n54 and suspect you would be to.

this is a great example of the speed3 platform for anybody interested, well put together and very worth loking into!
Hey whats good man! Thanks for the kind words. This is a one of a kind speed3...but much more raw than the BMW's.

I'm keeping my Speed6 for the foreseeable future.... I don't think I'd give that car up for 20k. lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump it. Still looking to trade for a modded 135i.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump. Weather is breaking here in the mitten....wont be long before this guy comes out to play....still looking for a modded 135.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 05:16 AM   #6
zapatista
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Vert 6MT

Did I miss something? Where does it state that you installed a "2nd" front axle to actually put allthe massive horsepower down on your MS3?!?

That's a bad FWD joke. Good luck with the swap and I love me some Mazdas. I was actually looking for an NC Miata a couple years ago when I ended up getting my 128i vert (E88) instead.
      02-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
Did I miss something? Where does it state that you installed a "2nd" front axle to actually put allthe massive horsepower down on your MS3?!?

That's a bad FWD joke. Good luck with the swap and I love me some Mazdas. I was actually looking for an NC Miata a couple years ago when I ended up getting my 128i vert (E88) instead.
Yeah man. She is a handful at WOT. I've tuned the alignment and added some bracing to help keep it down; it helps that it has a factory mechanical LSD. Believe it or not these trans are bulletproof to it. There isn't an upgrade because it isn't need! The Mazdaspeed6 on the other hand *slaps forehead* LOL

I just got her out this weekend when it was in the 60's, did all my pre-checks and everything seems great. Making the power she should, no leaks, runs smooth and everything.

Still looking to make the swap for a modded 335i/135i!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #8
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Running great, no leaks, no weird noises. Ready to rage at the track or street.

Still looking for a N54!
Appreciate 0