BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #45
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
My son and I saw a Crimson 128i sport conv today and it was real nice, my son loved the red. I asked him what he would pick between CR and AW, he hesitated and said probably AW, but the CR is a close second. Something to think about. :iono:
I've been dying to see a crimson 'vert! How did the crimson color look contrasted against the ragtop? A bit more subdued ? Thanks

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #46
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
I had an Imola Red M3, which is just a tad darker than Crimson (there are some pics of Imola and Crimson next to each other somewhere...).

In my opinion, both Imola and Crimson (especially Crimson) are excellent colors for foul-weather climates. I lived in Seattle and Vancouver for many years where the sun can be a rare sight, and in overcast/dull light the red gets darker/richer and less orange (in the case of Crimson, anyways). Here in NM, where the sun is nearly always shining, Crimson is a bit too bright for my tastes.

Here are a two pics of SL01's car, from the official Crimson Red thread, showing what I mean (sun in the first pic, overcast in the 2nd pic):
Excellent point....well shown in those pics.

So a good color for me here in New England, and our notoriuosly "mixed" bag of weather !

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #47
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillcutts View Post
I've been dying to see a crimson 'vert! How did the crimson color look contrasted against the ragtop? A bit more subdued ? Thanks
YAH, it wasn't so powerful looking. I didn't expect my son to like CR so much. I asked him if I should get it and he said YAH. Then I asked him to choose between CR and AW, he hesitated for 20 seconds and said probably AW. I have time to consider one of those. The only color interior I will get is Coral, I am just wondering how a CR 135i coupe would look with Coral. Either AW or CR, and I am still leaning towards the AW.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #48
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
YAH, it wasn't so powerful looking. I didn't expect my son to like CR so much. I asked him if I should get it and he said YAH. Then I asked him to choose between CR and AW, he hesitated for 20 seconds and said probably AW. I have time to consider one of those. The only color interior I will get is Coral, I am just wondering how a CR 135i coupe would look with Coral. Either AW or CR, and I am still leaning towards the AW.
I will be going to see the Crimson Red 'vert (w/Taupe) any hour of any day this week, as soon as they call me that it is ready... it is the one that I originally ordered, but purchased the Coupe instead. I have first right of refusal on the CR 'vert, because I finally settled myself down on the TiAg 'vert with Savannah interior. I truly prefer the two-toned interiors, including the Coral that you are considering... which would look outstanding with Alpine White... as even the red taillights become integrated into that color combo!

Let me once again suggest to you Jeff that you stay on track. A big part of the problem with this car is the "waiting process" and the way it continues to make us second guess ourselves while we are waiting. I made the openly-admitted mistake of being too impulsive and I strongly urge everyone to learn from my mistake, and don't go through what I went through.

Once you know you have a combination that you truly love... stick with it. Trust yourself. You will be tempted for a long time (you have a very long wait, my friend) with other beautiful pics and testimonials. They can seduce you, make you second-guess yourself, and essentially tear you apart if you let them.

Listen to your son!!

TM
      05-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #49
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
If you're decided on the Coral red interior, I would go with AW. Coral red will clash with the Crimson red, IMO.
      05-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #50
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

^also, the red taillights clash with the crimson red. no contrast. but beautiful pics nontheless.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #51
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
^also, the red taillights clash with the crimson red. no contrast. but beautiful pics nontheless.
They don't clash...they match. I especially like the fact the center brake light is lost in all the red and de-emphasized. Keeps the attention on the "135i" and roundel. Now I'm thinking of swaping my chrome "135i" with semi-gloss black. With my shadowline grills, all bright chrome is deleted.
      05-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #52
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

GREAT idea to blacken the lettering. You are going to need new wheels, my friend... I'm guessing you already know that!
      05-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #53
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5 View Post
For you viewing pleasure....
Which interior color? Any photos? Great exterior color and photos!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #54
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
They don't clash...they match. I especially like the fact the center brake light is lost in all the red and de-emphasized. Keeps the attention on the "135i" and roundel. Now I'm thinking of swaping my chrome "135i" with semi-gloss black. With my shadowline grills, all bright chrome is deleted.
Ditto! no clash with red on red !! and it does hide that center brake-light doesn't it....good point ! black lettering should look sharp!

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #55
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
I will be going to see the Crimson Red 'vert (w/Taupe) any hour of any day this week, as soon as they call me that it is ready... it is the one that I originally ordered, but purchased the Coupe instead. I have first right of refusal on the CR 'vert, because I finally settled myself down on the TiAg 'vert with Savannah interior......
TM
TagMan, If you get a chance....can you PLEASE snap some pictures of it when you see it this week, and post them? I would LOVE to get a sneak peak at what mine will look like. I ordered that same crimson w/taupe top combo......but I'm week 18 production...so still a month probably until I see mine in person. THANK YOU !!!!:thumbup:

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #56
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Quote:
I will be going to see the Crimson Red 'vert (w/Taupe) any hour of any day this week, as soon as they call me that it is ready... it is the one that I originally ordered, but purchased the Coupe instead. I have first right of refusal on the CR 'vert, because I finally settled myself down on the TiAg 'vert with Savannah interior. I truly prefer the two-toned interiors, including the Coral that you are considering... which would look outstanding with Alpine White... as even the red taillights become integrated into that color combo!

Let me once again suggest to you Jeff that you stay on track. A big part of the problem with this car is the "waiting process" and the way it continues to make us second guess ourselves while we are waiting. I made the openly-admitted mistake of being too impulsive and I strongly urge everyone to learn from my mistake, and don't go through what I went through.

Once you know you have a combination that you truly love... stick with it. Trust yourself. You will be tempted for a long time (you have a very long wait, my friend) with other beautiful pics and testimonials. They can seduce you, make you second-guess yourself, and essentially tear you apart if you let them.

Listen to your son!!

TM
You are totally correct. When I bought my black Si I wanted white, but the only 1 in the entire area by me was sold. I can't believe I have a black car. YUK. Sure it is awesome looking, but WAY TOO hard to keep it up to my standards.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #57
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
TagMan, If you get a chance....can you PLEASE snap some pictures of it when you see it this week, and post them? I would LOVE to get a sneak peak at what mine will look like. I ordered that same crimson w/taupe top combo......but I'm week 18 production...so still a month probably until I see mine in person. THANK YOU !!!!:thumbup:
I'll try, but I won't promise because I HATE to break a promise. BTW, the one I expect to see will be Crimson Red with a Taupe leather interior and a Black soft top, not a Taupe Soft top. Do you still want pics, if possible?
      05-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #58
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are totally correct. When I bought my black Si I wanted white, but the only 1 in the entire area by me was sold. I can't believe I have a black car. YUK. Sure it is awesome looking, but WAY TOO hard to keep it up to my standards.
AND we both know that you definately have HIGH standards when it comes to a clean car! :smile:

Jeff, check out my thread on the Coupe and Convertible forum called "Some cool and amazing facts about car colors!!"

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8684
      05-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #59
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'll try, but I won't promise because I HATE to break a promise. BTW, the one I expect to see will be Crimson Red with a Taupe leather interior and a Black soft top, not a Taupe Soft top. Do you still want pics, if possible?
No sweat. If you don't get a chance to take pics, I'd still be interested in hearing your opinion of how it looked in person.

I haven't been able to find a single picture of the Crimson color on the 'vert yet, and considering how bright the color is, I'm interested if having less of the color on the 'vert (because of the 'vert top) makes it less "loud" (not that I don't LOVE the color :biggrin: !)

THANKS!

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #60
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Since the red/red discussion is in this thread, here's my pics:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=77

I'll be taking pics in better lighting soon. This is the best I could do tonight though.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #61
1Nthuziast
Rep
Drives:

Love the red! Ordered a 135i crimson coupe with Terra/walnut interior, taking a risk since I haven't seen the combo. Savannah would be my second choice ( apparently has a non-grey headliner) Sedona was too orange for my tastes. Impatiently waiting....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #62
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No sweat. If you don't get a chance to take pics, I'd still be interested in hearing your opinion of how it looked in person.

I haven't been able to find a single picture of the Crimson color on the 'vert yet, and considering how bright the color is, I'm interested if having less of the color on the 'vert (because of the 'vert top) makes it less "loud" (not that I don't LOVE the color :biggrin: !)

THANKS!
Hey Pwillcutts,

I just got back from the dealership a while ago, and I saw the Crimson Red Convertible. Looks sharp. I owe you a big apology since I couldn't get any pics. It's interesting to me just how the 'vert looks a little bit smaller than the Coupe. I don't know the reason for that.

My only concern for you is that I hope you like the Taupe top. The CR one I saw had a standard Black top, and it offered a good contrast against the red.

And, then I saw a Toupe top on a Montego 'vert! Interesting.
      05-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #63
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Red/black leather is a very classic "sport" color combo. Pure red is somewhat of a high maintenence color though...shows swirls and water spots fairly well. Not as bad as black but certainly not a low maintence color like white or silver.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #64
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Hey Pwillcutts,

I just got back from the dealership a while ago, and I saw the Crimson Red Convertible. Looks sharp. I owe you a big apology since I couldn't get any pics. It's interesting to me just how the 'vert looks a little bit smaller than the Coupe. I don't know the reason for that.

My only concern for you is that I hope you like the Taupe top. The CR one I saw had a standard Black top, and it offered a good contrast against the red.

And, then I saw a Toupe top on a Montego 'vert! Interesting.
No problemo on the pics Tagman. I appreciate just hearing about it; so few out there, it's great to get your feedback. The taupe top was a tough call, and almost everyone I asked recommended going with the black, but in the end i went with my gut and ordered the taupe. I'm in Florida this week on business, and am surprised to see a lot of taupe-tan tops on red 'verts, which is soothing my doubts for now.:biggrin: 3 weeks still till i take delivery ! Thanks again

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #65
ArBrnSnpr
Private
Rep
Drives:

Great looking pics!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #66
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

finally! some pics of the crimson red 'vert !

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...951#post142951

More pics at the thread above ! NICE LOOK, eh??!!!

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0