BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
Stvee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Comfort Access Problems

I recently replaced the battery on my 2010 135i's comfort access key fob and the comfort access piece of the drivers side door handle appears to have stopped functioning.

Neither the lock or unlock areas work on my drivers side door handle, but both work on my passenger side. The trunk also works fine.

It seems kind of weird that this happened at the same time as my battery dying, but I guess it could just be a coincidence.

Am I going to have to replace the door handle? And if so, does anyone know where to purchase them. Also, are there different variations as far as comfort access handle and comfort access handle with premium package (ambient lighting)?

Maybe unrelated, but does anyone else have to press the key fob unlock button a few times before it works? I don't have window tint or anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Stvee
Private First Class
Rep

Just an update on this. After a month or so of not working, it has randomly decided to start working perfectly again. Damn German electronics.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
Stvee
Private First Class
Rep

One further update on this. Eventually the comfort access stopped working altogether on just the drivers side door. All you need to do is replace your door handle. Super easy process, takes less than 10 minutes.

This is the part you need (for the drivers side). Make sure to give them your VIN when you order. The part comes painted from BMW based on your VIN.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/20...&siteid=214672

And this is how you do it. The only snag is putting the door handle back on, you have to get the piece that pulls the latch sort of in place on the handle itself and then push the locking mechanism in at the same time. If you don't push it in at the same time, the door handle itself won't line all the way up against the seal.

Appreciate 1