BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
gravityautosports
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

///Gravity: Evolution Racewerks Intercooler GB!

Hey everyone!! We've been a little MIA planning some really big things for all you 1 Addicts out there, but we want to do a GB / Sale on some really exciting products coming from a truly awesome company .

The guys at Evolution Racewerks have years of experience producing track-proven products for both the street and the racetrack. We are all about products that not only work great and fit great, but about products that are tested to work under conditions more extreme than any of our customers would probably ever put them through.

Evolution Racewerks actually has a 135i race car that they use to compete in several events. Big names like Yokohama, KW Suspension, Brembo, and others sponsor the car. Their intercooler kits, oil cooler kits, and other products are all designed and tested on their 135i race car on the track; what a concept huh?! Products that are actually R&D they way they are supposed to

As an Authorized Dealer of Evolution Racewerks products, we bring their Intercooler kits to all you 1 addicts (and other stuff, just check the other thread ).

Some info on their IC kits:

Ease of Installation: (1 Easy - 5 Hard) 2

Key Features:

1. Large 20"x5.5"x6" (26.5"x5.5"x6" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core

2. Cast end tanks for improved durability and internal flow characteristics.

3. Mirror polished finish on intercooler assembly and piping.

4. Avg. of 15 - 25 WHP gains and 25+ WHP on a highly modified car (high boost, DP, ehxaust, intake, etc)

5. Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on intercooler, end tanks and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).

6. Complete all aluminum intercooler piping, replaces all OEM rubber hoses with hard piping for improved throttle response and faster boost spool up.

7. Impoved intercooler inlet and outlet pipes for better flow characteristics.

8. Intercooler piping features beaded ends, silicone "hump" hoses and

T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.

9. Optional Carbon Fiber Shrouding to direct airflow through the intercooler for improved efficiency.

10. Maintains ALL factory components.

11. Includes all hardware needed to install.

12. Developed under the harsh conditions of racing on our 135i Race Car.

13. Limited Lifetime Warranty.

More technical information on the ER Intercooler Kits below!

Group Buy Information:

* 1 - 3 buyers we'll offer a discounted rate.

** 3 - 6 buyers we'll offer a deeper discounted rate.

*** 6 + buyers we'll offer a deeper discounted rate + free shipping!

- The Group Buy will tentatively close Sunday June 14th and we'll start shipping orders that following Monday **

Pricing Information:

Kit 1:

Includes:
Intercooler assembly, upper intercooler piping, silicone hump hoses and t-bolt clamps and any other mounting pieces needed to install the FMIC on your car.

Options: We can use Type III Hard Anodizing to customize your Intercooler kit to an array of different colors. Please contact us for more information. Anodizing starts at just $159.

MSRP: $1,095

GB Price: PM/Email/Call us!

Kit 2:

Includes:
Intercooler assembly, upper intercooler piping, silicone hump hoses and t-bolt clamps and any other mounting pieces needed to install the FMIC on your car. PLUS Carbon Fiber Intercooler Shroud

Options: We can use Type III Hard Anodizing to customize your Intercooler kit to an array of different colors. Please contact us for more information. Anodizing starts at just $159.

MSRP: $1,290

GB Price: PM/Email/Call us!

The carbon fiber shrouding channels airflow from the center grill to the intercooler core. Air wants to travel through the path of least resistance, which in this case is around the intercooler core instead of through it. The carbon fiber shrouding prevents this and forces air to travel through the core. Plus, it looks bad ass!

** CF Shroud also sold seperately, please inquire **

More Technical Info (makes a good read!):

Evolution Racewerks Intercooler Kits Technical Info

As always, if you have any questions, give us a call! We're always here to help and hope that you guys are going to like this! We've already sold a ton of kits locally and just had not gotten around to making a thread on the forum

- Andy and crew

Last edited by gravityautosports; 06-09-2009 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
gravityautosports
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Add yourself to the list as follows:

0. Gravityautosports: Kit 2 w/ Gunmetal Anodized Finish!
      06-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i fully loaded

eyyy that has the twin cooler hkS?
      06-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

that looks awesome...how about some more details on the oil coolers?
      06-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
that looks awesome...how about some more details on the oil coolers?
Ordered the IC...more on the oil coolers....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
mikead_99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SMG 135i

Any pressure drop data for this IC?
      06-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
focusedsketch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

plug and play? any trimming required?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
gravityautosports
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The only trimming required is very minor. This includes the front "ribs" that go across the stock intercooler, the little plastic piece those "ribs" attach to, and a tiny bit off the sides.

We've done that same trimming to several stock cars with the stock IC just so that when we remove the front bumper lower grille it looks cleaner. You can perfectly put back your stock IC after removing those plastic pieces with no negative effects. Once the bumper is on, it's impossible to see any of that.