BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
namotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Coupe

NAMOTORSPORTS | Forge Black Diverter Valves - $279.00 with FREE Shipping - Pre-Order

We have been speaking with Forge Motorsport about making more black BMW Valves for the 335. As many of you know they accidentally did some last year in black and they were a huge hit. They had told me they would not do this again, becuase they cost more to do in black and it takes longer to have them made with the extra step of having them anodized. After months of bugging them, they have finally agreed to make us more. They will be priced a little higher than the polished valves, but I think people will realize that they have to be based off the extra work Forge has to do to make this happen.

We have these on order from Forge and should have more black ones here in the U.S. in 3-4 weeks. I'm taking pre-orders for customers that want to order now. You will be charged once your order is placed. Any questions, just let us know!

Forge Motorsport BMW N54 Diverter Valve

Forge Motorsport BMW N54 Diverter Valve - $279.00 with free shipping in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico - Will begin to ship around mid May

These installed pictures show the polished valves with red hoses, you will receive black valves with black hoses.

Product Features:
Developed specifically for BMW’s all-new N54 twin turbo motor, Forge Motorsport adds another replacement valve application to our already extensive vehicle specific and universal valve lineup.

While virtually identical in operation to the Bosch style valves as used from the factory on many other turbocharged applications, primarily VW and Audi, BMW has utilized a very different type of valve connection mechanism that makes their product and our replacement components very unique.

Starting with the world’s best selling direct replacement Bosch style valve, our own 007P piston design, we have revised virtually every single component of the valve body, except the internal piston, in order to retain BMW’s factory connection mechanism yet offer improved functionality in every other possible way.

The entire valve assembly is precision CNC machined from T6-6061 billet aluminum alloy on our very own Mazak CNC milling machines. The valve is an aluminum piston based design, offering significantly improved reliability over the failure prone OEM diaphragm valves, with no change to valve response time. We utilize ultra high temperature Viton brand silicone o-rings for sealing and Mobil1 fully synthetic bearing grease for lubrication.

The valves are fully tunable for both boost holding capacity and response, by way of proprietary interchangeable springs and shims (washers to marginally adjust preload). By utilizing this method of valve tuning with different custom spring rates, the valves will retain the maximum range of piston travel and flow volume regardless of which spring rate is used. Valves with a singular spring requiring that adjustments be made by continually adding preload will suffer from decreased piston or diaphragm travel as the spring tension is increased. Though these types of valves may hold high boost levels under load, they will actually suffer from limited flow volume at throttle lift when the valve vents.

The hoses included in the kit are a custom made multi-layer fabric reinforced flexible silicone hose that are designed to allow compatibility with the stock airbox and charge piping setup without any permanent modification being required to adapt our replacement valves.

Even the included hose clamps are overkill. They are specifically designed for use with silicone hoses, utilizing a beveled band edge and a pressed in drive mechanism instead of perforated. They are even approved by NATO for international military use.

All told, this direct replacement valve kit will be suitable for a bone stock car to a heavily modified one. They can be installed on the car right on the showroom floor and they will last well past having upgraded you intake, exhaust, and ECU software. They are capable of handling an infinitely wider range of boost pressure, more reliably, than the OEM valves, and they carry an unlimited lifetime warranty and money back guarantee.

Kit Includes:
- 2 Black Forge Diverter Valves
- Black silicone hose (shown red above)
- Detailed Installation Instructions

Product Availability:
These will begin to ship in mid May.

Ordering:
Website: All website orders can be done directly through our site http://www.namotorsports.net. Please just click any of the product links above to go directly to our site.
Phone: Call us toll free at 1-877-NAMOTORS to place your order over the phone.

Payment:
We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, money orders and wire transfers. If you are interested in paying using a money or wire transfer, please call us toll free at 1-877-NAMOTORS

Tax:
All Connecticut customers will be charged 6% Connecticut Sales tax.

Shipping:
All orders will be shipping via UPS or USPS. Shipping is free anywhere in United States, Canada or Puerto Rico. International customers please email or PM us for a shipping quote.

Hours of Operations:
Monday - Thursday from 9AM to 6PM EST
Friday from 9AM to 5PM EST
Saturday from 10AM to 3 PM EST
Sundays we are closed

Retail Showroom:
Come check out our new 6000 square foot facility in Vernon, Connecticut. Click here for directions.

Our website http://www.namotorsports.net is always open

Newsletter:
If you are interested in receiving our monthly newsletter that includes new product announcements, specials and coupons, please follow the link below to sign-up :thumbup:

North American Motorsports Newsletter

Contact Info:
Phone: 1-877-NAMOTORS
Email: nick@namotorsports.net
PM: namotorsports
AIM: NickAtNamotors
MSN: NAMotorsports@msn.com
Yahoo: NickAtNamotors

Any questions, feel free to PM me or call toll free at 1-877-NAMOTORS
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
namotorsports
United_States
Rep

We have 20 sets of these coming in around the middle of May. Below is the list I have started for pre-orders. If you want a set, please let me know, these will go quickly.

Forge Black Diverter Valve Pre-Order List
1. Sasha S. - PAID
2. Charles G. - PAID
3. El Diablo - PAID
4. GR8DEL - PAID
5. ThorsHammer - PAID
6. Tim P. - PAID
7. TXSurfer - Awaiting Payment
8. Mad335 - Awaiting Payment
9. Grendalf - Awaiting Payment
10. turkish335 - Awaiting Payment
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
namotorsports
United_States
Rep

We just received our shipment of black valves in today. Only 8 sets left if anyone is interested!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
namotorsports
United_States
Rep

Only 5 sets left!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I recently installed the diverter valves on my BMW135 as per the installation instructions.

However, the instructions must be for a 335i because with the 135i there is an extra obstacle behind the rear diverter valve called a "sound generator" device which connects to the intake pipe directly at the stock diverter valve locations.

The problem is that this sound generator device interferes with proper routing of the rear diverter hose and causes the diverter valves not to align parallel to each other.

As a result, the rear valve must be angled in such a way as to make contact with the front valve, and I feel this may be placing stress on the o-ring connector inside the charge pipe which seals the diverter valve connection to the intake pipe.

There is a distinct hissing sound at part throttle and I am wondering if the o-ring is sealing properly given there is a sideways stress on it from the two diverter valves bodies contacting each other.

There is no mention of this "sound generator" device in the installation guide photos, so I don't think this obstacle has been considered in the development of this kit from the 335 to the 135.

The basic engines are the same on both models, but there are some differences

Can you advise as to how to route the discharge hose from the rear valve smoothly? It does not seem possible without removing or cutting off the hose bracket attached to the sound generator.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
namotorsports
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
I recently installed the diverter valves on my BMW135 as per the installation instructions.

However, the instructions must be for a 335i because with the 135i there is an extra obstacle behind the rear diverter valve called a "sound generator" device which connects to the intake pipe directly at the stock diverter valve locations.

The problem is that this sound generator device interferes with proper routing of the rear diverter hose and causes the diverter valves not to align parallel to each other.

As a result, the rear valve must be angled in such a way as to make contact with the front valve, and I feel this may be placing stress on the o-ring connector inside the charge pipe which seals the diverter valve connection to the intake pipe.

There is a distinct hissing sound at part throttle and I am wondering if the o-ring is sealing properly given there is a sideways stress on it from the two diverter valves bodies contacting each other.

There is no mention of this "sound generator" device in the installation guide photos, so I don't think this obstacle has been considered in the development of this kit from the 335 to the 135.

Can you advise as to how to route the discharge hose from the rear valve smoothly? It does not seem possible without removing or cutting off the hose bracket attached to the sound generator.

We've had a couple 1 series owners install these, give us a call tomorrow and we can help you out.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post

My DDV's are fitted on a Riss Racing DDV pipe and as such I removed the Sound generator and fitted a blanking plug.

The hissing you have may be the engine sucking in air through the vacuum lines and that could be an "O ring" issue. To check the operation of the valves (1 at a time) suck on the pipe when fitted to the valve and seal the end with yur tongue for 10 seconds. When you take your tongue off you should hear the piston return to closed. If it does this it is operating ok. If you do not feel anything or there is no vacuum when you take your tongue off the pipe, then the piston is not operatinf properly and the vacuum line is sucking air past the piston.

Sometimes if the valve is not operation the idle can be rough too.
      06-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
My DDV's are fitted on a Riss Racing DDV pipe and as such I removed the Sound generator and fitted a blanking plug.

The hissing you have may be the engine sucking in air through the vacuum lines and that could be an "O ring" issue. To check the operation of the valves (1 at a time) suck on the pipe when fitted to the valve and seal the end with yur tongue for 10 seconds. When you take your tongue off you should hear the piston return to closed. If it does this it is operating ok. If you do not feel anything or there is no vacuum when you take your tongue off the pipe, then the piston is not operatinf properly and the vacuum line is sucking air past the piston.

Sometimes if the valve is not operation the idle can be rough too.
I checked the valves before installation using that procedure and they worked fine!

The hissing sound is either the dual cone intakes sucking air on light throttle, or the diverter valves cracking open and bleeding the building boost pressure against a partially closed throttle plate.

The same hissing was there with the stock valves, and they crack open at a 4 psi pressure differential between the charge pipe and the intake manifold. With the throttle partly closed, the intake manifold is probably under less pressure, so I think they crack open a bit and hiss.

However, I thought the yellow springs stiffened this cracking pressure, so that is why I was surprised to hear the same hissing as stock.

Leads me to believe that perhaps the o-ring is not sealing because of the fitment issue.....but I am just speculating and troubleshooting at this point.

In any case, I think the only ultimate solution is to remove the sound generator which is obstructing the rear valve from aligning properly.

Of course, the hole it leaves behind will need to be plugged off, and I am unsure what diameter of cap to purchase in order to clamp it off.......this is the stock intake pipe, and not Riss's replacement pipe.
Appreciate 0