BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
JSAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Motor Workshop/Mechanic in Qld recommendations plz

I am looking at getting the following fitted/installed to my 1M in August;

intercooler
springs or coilovers
down pipe
catback exhaust
tune

Can you guys recommend a good place/person in Brisbane where I can get this done. Preferably Brisbane or Gold coast.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I've used Accelerate Automotive a few times with no issue, located at Coopers Plains. A few others have also used them. Heard good things about others business but forgot their names, will wait for others to advise!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
travisaus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Micheal webber prestige and performance at coorparoo or James at BPS down at Cleveland.
Both v good.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I have been told that rx automotive has race modified 1 series' (not 100% on this, or the model) before, have heard nothing but praise for them either way though. will be taking my car to them for my upcoming mods personally
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Might be best to ask 'dontask' about rx automotive as he has dealt with them before with mixed results.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #6
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

If you want it done quickly I wouldn't go to rx.

Been to BPS and Accelerate and recommend both. Accelerate also has a complimentary loan car if you book in early enough

2011 BMW M3 - Mineral White - VF620 Supercharger - Gintani Sport Valved Exhaust - Harrop BBK - Arykym Front lip and Diffuser - KW Sleeve over kit - Forgestar CF5V Wheels
2009 BMW 135i - Space Grey - 11.841 @ 117.81mph - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
MMorbo
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, 08', Sedona Red

+1 for Mike webber.

found him a great to deal with

Tuned and servicing so far... just waiting on him to put the Quaife LSD on his fathers car (135i) for some feedback before i head back for that plus down pipes.
      06-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Accelerate have done a couple LSD's, downpipes, suspension, swaybars and even my meth kit so know their way around a 1series for sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Mercury and Accelerative Motive are both recommended by SouthernBM who is well respected on the forum.

Mike Webber from Prestige and Performance are highly recommended by numerous members on the forum. I had a quote to have bits and pieces done and his charges are also very reasonable. Driving to Brisbane is very impractical for me to have these done otherwise would have got them to do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
dan_brooks
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '09 135i Manual

Keen to see some recommended workshops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Mercury and Accelerative Motive are both recommended by SouthernBM who is well respected on the forum.
I took my old car (330rwkw Supra) to Mercury... I wouldn't recommend them. My car went in to get a new power steering pump, got it back a few days later. Long story short, they had to get it rebuilt 3 times after handing it back, and it came back with a new noise after they worked on it. Took it to GT Auto around the back and had an amazing experience with them.

I'm sure Mercury do good work, but after 1st hand experience with them, I'd rather take my car to a workshop more experienced with Euro cars... But there's good and bad experiences with most workshops, and most of whats posted on the internet are the negatives unfortunately...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_brooks View Post
Keen to see some recommended workshops!

I took my old car (330rwkw Supra) to Mercury... I wouldn't recommend them. My car went in to get a new power steering pump, got it back a few days later. Long story short, they had to get it rebuilt 3 times after handing it back, and it came back with a new noise after they worked on it. Took it to GT Auto around the back and had an amazing experience with them.

I'm sure Mercury do good work, but after 1st hand experience with them, I'd rather take my car to a workshop more experienced with Euro cars... But there's good and bad experiences with most workshops, and most of whats posted on the internet are the negatives unfortunately...
Thanks for the feedback, it is good to have someone with first hand experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

I had a brief and disappointing experience with mercury
All issues rectified in a timely and professional manner at C n J Motorsport
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l
If you want it done quickly I wouldn't go to rx.

Been to BPS and Accelerate and recommend both. Accelerate also has a complimentary loan car if you book in early enough
What sorta time frame do they usually operate in? Are they at least decent in your experience?

Ed: and what kinda mixed results has dontask had? >_<
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Mine is booked in for full service with Prestidge and Performance at Coorparoo on July 6th as i live in Coorparoo there is a few good euro places to go.
But this one is highly recommended.

Last edited by chappy; 06-30-2012 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Eurotune at Miami. Knows all there is to know about BMW and races them as well. Attends factory training seminars etc etc. Coast agent for DMS APR and Oettinger so does a lot of tuning.

Ask for Glen Anables 5535 4320
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
dontask
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: White BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
I have been told that rx automotive has race modified 1 series' (not 100% on this, or the model) before, have heard nothing but praise for them either way though. will be taking my car to them for my upcoming mods personally
Yes, one of their customers purchased the race prepped 130i at auction when Sherrin Motorsports went under. RX Automotive purchased a NEW e87 chassis from BMW and moved all the race bits over - and made it street legal.

Sounds awesome and would have heaps of go.

I used to go RX alot because (1) their labour rates were good, (2) they know about beemers and (3) its a family own operation who are all super nice.

For example, I had my car in their workshop for 3 months whilst I was sourcing a new diff (after breaking my old one). Wow.

However, RX were always flat out and they know more about the older NA style engines than the newer FI engines. They frequently had more cars (usually race cars) being towed in that bumped me in the queue.

Surprisingly, Westside BMW can be reasonably priced. I was quoted $650 to swap downpipes with another N54 car at Westside - and quoted $800 at Accelerate and $1200 at P&P Coorparoo.

Modded 135i
RHD Bumblebee
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Yes, one of their customers purchased the race prepped 130i at auction when Sherrin Motorsports went under. RX Automotive purchased a NEW e87 chassis from BMW and moved all the race bits over - and made it street legal.

Sounds awesome and would have heaps of go.

I used to go RX alot because (1) their labour rates were good, (2) they know about beemers and (3) its a family own operation who are all super nice.

For example, I had my car in their workshop for 3 months whilst I was sourcing a new diff (after breaking my old one). Wow.

However, RX were always flat out and they know more about the older NA style engines than the newer FI engines. They frequently had more cars (usually race cars) being towed in that bumped me in the queue.

Surprisingly, Westside BMW can be reasonably priced. I was quoted $650 to swap downpipes with another N54 car at Westside - and quoted $800 at Accelerate and $1200 at P&P Coorparoo.
Good o know thanks, all i really want is tht they know tons about the 130i's. All parts will be supplied by me for sure so all is required is labour, an hopefully book enough in advance i get a decent run lol
Appreciate 0