BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
///135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

exterior mods leave black or paint alpine white?

Hey guys, Okay so I bought some exterior mods for my car, carbon fiber lip spoiler, roof spoiler, and eyelids. My car is an 09 alpine white 135i. I was wondering what should I do with them, should I leave them black which will match with the tinted tails, tinted windows and grill or should i get them painted alpine white? I was planning to get the lip spoiler painted alpine white at the top and leave the rest carbon fiber but im not sure what to do with the eyelids and roof spoiler.

If anybody has any ideas, thought or pictures throw them my way.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Please post a pic of the pieces and your car.

What wheels do you have? Do you have black shadowline trim and grills?

I am a fan of painting the tip of the CF spoiler and would support you doing that but as far as the other aesthetics we are kind of in the dark without photos.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///135i View Post
Hey guys, Okay so I bought some exterior mods for my car, carbon fiber lip spoiler, roof spoiler, and eyelids. My car is an 09 alpine white 135i. I was wondering what should I do with them, should I leave them black which will match with the tinted tails, tinted windows and grill or should i get them painted alpine white? I was planning to get the lip spoiler painted alpine white at the top and leave the rest carbon fiber but im not sure what to do with the eyelids and roof spoiler.

If anybody has any ideas, thought or pictures throw them my way.

Cheers
Eyelids definitely white for sure. The roof spoiler is a toss up. I personally would like the contrast as it doesn't draw too much off from the look of the car. Otherwise leave everything else CF

I have pics of my 09 128i with cf spoiler and mirrors with black grills and trim in the photo section.
      11-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
///135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Please post a pic of the pieces and your car.

What wheels do you have? Do you have black shadowline trim and grills?

I am a fan of painting the tip of the CF spoiler and would support you doing that but as far as the other aesthetics we are kind of in the dark without photos.

I got the vmr csl reps in silver, I do have black shadowline time and grills.

I will post pictures as soon as I get back, I dont have none of these mods installed yet.

What should I do, just do a mockery of it without actually taping it on, or should I just get pictures off the internet with these installed already?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

eyelids

Hey, mine is also a alpine white 09 128, plan to paint my spoiler white , if i had the roof spoiler i would go black or keep CF.
Where did you purchase the eyelids??? looking for some to paint white.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
///135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by debadgedbmw1 View Post
Hey, mine is also a alpine white 09 128, plan to paint my spoiler white , if i had the roof spoiler i would go black or keep CF.
Where did you purchase the eyelids??? looking for some to paint white.
hey yea I'm thinking of painting the top of the spoiler white and leaving the rest carbon fiber, there was/is a member on here that had the look I'm talking about I think I have a few photos I will post up. The first pair I got from hondagonerogue when he had a group buy from them and the second pair I just bought from a member on here not too long ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
WonWunONE
UMADBRO?
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

I think the OP is perostahov, the dude that was ripping people off.

325whp and 345wtq on a parking lot dyno at 28*Celcius
Appreciate 0