BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #67
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Wait...hold up everyone...I'm still back on post #20, trying to figure out how this 'crime' is like a ham sandwich.

I also could've sworn I saw someone mention the deflowering of Saudi virgins, but I may have been hallucinating.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #68
bfoolish1339
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Alpine White

Stocks the way to go

DB
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #69
kv12
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i E39, X2 F39, 330 G20

I used to think this way too, if I paid for something I should be the first to touch/use it... logically that is how it should work because I spoken for it and it is my property and others should respect that.

Now this logic would work for say a new laptop or maybe perhaps a bag of chips because those comes in a bag or a box packaged for retail and opened after they are purchased from the store.

Sadly this logic does not apply to a brand new car, no new car is ever un-driven prior to delivery. There are at least more then 3 persons who driving the car before you did, and I will list all the ones I know...

Factory Engineer: Will test each vehicle on a dyno to ensure all the components are put together correctly.

Logistics Drivers: The car needs to be driving from the factory on to a truck or train then driven on to a cargo ship.

More Logistics Drivers: The car arrives at port and needs to be unloaded/ driven off the ship then on to a customs lot then driven on to a truck at some point.

Truck Driver: He will need to drive it off the truck and on to the dealership's receving lot.

Dealership Car Jockeys: They will need to move the new car to the lot for storage (Oh, and I almost forgot they do need drive to a gas station to top it up with gas because the car comes with very little gas if at all from factory... I don't know why and if anyone know please chime in)

Dealership Technicans: They will drive the car to the service bays for Pre-Delivery Inspection.

Dealership Detailers: They will need to have the car detailed before delivery, they will drive as well to the detailing bay.

You: Now you will drive your new car, after about 7+ others who have already driven it. Unless your car came in an air tight sealed box vacumn wrapped from factory this will be the reality.

It used to bother me a lot just like some of you, now I just don't care anymore.

Just as long as my car hasn't racked up an unreasonable amount of kms from logistical process and not damaged in anyway I am happy.

Last edited by kv12; 11-26-2011 at 02:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #70
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
i could care less what happened to the car.
All i care about was that justice been served.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #71
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Nice looking motor there. Really gonna turn heads with that!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #72
swimfreak
Orange Crush
Rep
Drives: fun!!!

Honestly??? Wow, utterly astounding! I mean, how come people continue to use the phrase "high rate of speed" incorrectly? Dumbfounding!

Speed is, itself, a rate of change over distance. Therefore "high rate of speed" is actually talking about acceleration, and not speed at all.

Stupid idiosyncrasies perpetuated by tv and media personalities who have no idea what they are saying, but think it sounds cool.

Last edited by swimfreak; 11-26-2011 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #73
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
For those saying that the two individuals deserved the punishment given to them, I agree 100%. We have to take responsibility for our actions whether good or bad.

Now for those saying that the price of the vehicle price needs to be lowered, that they want to be the one's breaking the car-in, etc., those individuals as they get older will learn to not be materialistic. When you get older priorities change and at the end of the day, its only a "car".
      11-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #74
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

But marking it up 30 large???
I suppose the car is famous, now.
      11-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #75
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Safety requirements (cage, helmet, fire jacket, etc) are dependent on whether the track follows IHRA or NHRA. Atco is a member of IHRA so there rules are more flexible. No cage until 130mph where englishtown and island dragway are NHRA members are cage is required for 11.5 and under
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #76
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

while i think the lawsuit is rediculous...i agree the techs should have been fired. As for the dealership not telling the guy the truth about the car..do you really think they knew it was driven around in the manor it was? I highly doubt in a dealership that size regardless of what car it was they would notice someone out driving a car and the number of miles on the car is irrelevant as ive seen brand new cars come in with as much as 30 miles on them with reasons completely unknown?

Damage to the car for being driven this way with so few miles...oh please, lets be serious here. And compensation for the now previous owner...once again, lets be serious. Remove your heads from your asses. The only real issue i see here since the two techs have already been fired is the car now being sold for more money..and the moral of the story-dont post videos of you doing stupid things on youtube.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #77
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

This dealer... is very close to me and i used to go there to look at cars often. now i cannot erase the feeling that they are shady and it will be unlikely that i will ever buy a car here. everyone be careful of pacific bmw.

by the way is 1M usually sold with 40k of dealership premium like ones in pacific bmw? hope not...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #78
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Car wasnt damaged, overblown media hype

Guys were fired and they already have new jobs

So they get hit with reckless driving, that part is on them for posting videos of it

Pacific bought the car back from the buyer and is now reselling it with full disclosure.

What they ask as far as price is their business and their right.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #79
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

The techs were wrong no doubt, but do you think that valets (either at the dealer, or parking) treat your car any different? These are usually kids, and most (not all) have no respect. The misdemeanor charge will not result in anything unfortunately, the courts are too busy and nobody was hurt. It's sad but this is what our society is.
      11-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #80
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Sad to see two techs lose their jobs over this crap. I hope everyone that posted in this thread that they're happy to see them terminated, also loses their jobs, their families, and everything. Get over yourselves, no harm was done to anyone. The car is fine, and yes this does happen with 90% of cars at dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #81
Ivan Ho
Captain Fantastic
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcourville View Post
This is SO retraded. After working with BMW for years, and other manufactures, I have to say that 80-90% of all vehicles are driven this way before they're purchased. Both new and used. Either by the empolyees or the customers on test drives. this is what makes a BMW a BMW. It's meant to be driven.

The car will be fine. The price this guy paid is irrelevent. Whether he pays full MSRP or discounted or over MSRP, he signed a quote. The fact of the matter is the quote will show that his vehicle is to arrive with under X amount of kilomters. Say under 20kms is typical.

This guy is an idiot, he should have told the dealership he didn't want anybody to drive it and specify how many kilometers are to be on the car when he picks it up. Unfortunately when this car was driven, he DIDN'T own the car. He hadn't paid for it.

If I were this Dealership I would just take the car away. Sell it to somebody who's not being a cry baby. That would shut him up.
+1
I ain't no dealer but an owner of bimmer and other cars. There are many more other crying babies after your clarifications by telling us:
"Whether he pays full MSRP or discounted or over MSRP, he signed a quote. The fact of the matter is the quote will show that his vehicle is to arrive with under X amount of kilomters. Say under 20kms is typical..." They just don'ty get this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #82
e90Luis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F97 2020 X3MC

I did a lookup on the phone number and it came back registered to a Martinez, Patric
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #83
e90Luis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F97 2020 X3MC

I did a lookup on the phone number and it came back to a Martinez, Patric
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #84
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO, V60 Polestar '24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Sad to see two techs lose their jobs over this crap. I hope everyone that posted in this thread that they're happy to see them terminated, also loses their jobs, their families, and everything. Get over yourselves, no harm was done to anyone. .

What?

Of course they should loose there jobs for this, if any of my staff took out the company car and beat on it they would be fired. The guys that did this know it was wrong, so what else are they doing that you don't know about? You aren't "entitled" to your job you have to work for it everyday!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #85
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_ View Post
What?

Of course they should loose there jobs for this, if any of my staff took out the company car and beat on it they would be fired. The guys that did this know it was wrong, so what else are they doing that you don't know about? You aren't "entitled" to your job you have to work for it everyday!
Every employee at any BMW dealer has at one point seen what a new BMW can do. Should they all be fired? Should the owner of every store who drives his demo one time at full throttle give up his dealership? It's a CAR. It doesn't have feelings, who cares... And you aren't entitled to do business with any dealership; maybe they should just refuse you service. You guys have no idea what goes on at dealerships and the one time you see any hint, you all start crying about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #86
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Gawd, someone kill this thread.

I can smell the stench of death reeking from it.

Or, is that just the smell of Pac BMW's code of conduct and reputation?
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #87
Switchin_Laness
UR OPINION WILL MATTER TO ME ONCE YOUR ON MY LEVEL
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E93 M3/'12 750i Msport

I dont understand, on the website they are blowing it up as some sort of infamous joke. Look at the caption for the car for sale and the basically justification of why it is 84k LMAO
Attached Images

2011 BMW E93 M3 DCT Alpine White/Fox Red Loaded!!
2012: BMW 750i M-Sport Edition Black Metallic with black nappa leather loaded!
2011 BMW E90 335i JB4 Stage 2, AR Design 4" catless dp, Custom 19 Inch Asantis with custom BMW Alpine White powdercoat finish (SOLD!)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #88
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfreak View Post
Honestly??? Wow, utterly astounding! I mean, how come people continue to use the phrase "high rate of speed" incorrectly? Dumbfounding!

Speed is, itself, a rate of change over distance. Therefore "high rate of speed" is actually talking about acceleration, and not speed at all.

Stupid idiosyncrasies perpetuated by tv and media personalities who have no idea what they are saying, but think it sounds cool.
Even though I understand your reasoning; a high rate speed is indeed a correct statement. Since speed is a ratio for example of 50km/hour, 200km/hour is a higher rate of speed than 50km/hour