BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #89
Blue55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Anyone have the part number for the N55 midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #90
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Anyone have the part number for the N55 midpipe?
Everywhere in this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651547
      05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #91
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Think that Borla + MadDads may be too loud?
It's just right for the 1M in my opinion.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #92
1 eM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Hi guys, Im from the UK. Wheres the best place to get some maddad midpipes for my 1M which ship here?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #93
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 eM View Post
Hi guys, Im from the UK. Wheres the best place to get some maddad midpipes for my 1M which ship here?
I believe the below sites are the only 2 places in the UNIVERSE to purchase them.

http://www.daddysscp.com/

http://hpashop.com/Exhaust_c269.htm
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #94
1 eM
Enlisted Member
Rep

lol..thank you mike, you are a star my friend ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #95
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Can anyone comment on availability of the Maddad system? Seems to be backordered at present. Has anyone been given an ETA?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #96
1 eM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Can anyone comment on availability of the Maddad system? Seems to be backordered at present. Has anyone been given an ETA?
Just emailed now so awaiting response.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #97
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I'm on a friggin roll today fellas . I received the below response from Rich at Madad. He was actually prompt in his response (1 day), even though he apologized for the delay. I've read some really good reviews about this guy, so I'll patiently wait.

------------------------------------
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay. Our fabrication ship keeps telling "another week" and its been difficult getting an accurate ETA. I am hoping they are done sometime next week but I have no assurance on that yet. When they do ship, they ship direct from our fabrication shop located in CA. So about 3 days to your door.

Rich
------------------------------------
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #98
River Rat
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Glad to hear that and yes I am considering just a mid pipe change.
Have you decided on what you will do? which mid-pipe?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #99
PHANTOM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M, X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
The MDs are much louder, N55's more conservative.... IMO MDs the way to go, N55 offer too smaller difference
How about Maddad vs. Berk?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #100
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
Have you decided on what you will do? which mid-pipe?
I am thinking on the full Vorsteiner catback system which won't need a midpipe, otherwise the transport and customs costs of just the midpipe prohibit this for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #101
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Never heard a Berk
Berk sounds similar to the Mad Dad, but it is slightly quieter(larger resonators).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #102
4thM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp. Alp. White

I just installed my Maddad midpipe today. Sound is great with stock muffler. Quite , smooth and a little deeper with easy throttle but really opens up under full throttle with a nice aggressive whine
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #103
ADVANT123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
I just installed my Maddad midpipe today. Sound is great with stock muffler. Quite , smooth and a little deeper with easy throttle but really opens up under full throttle with a nice aggressive whine
+1

Just installed my Maddad pipe last night and I'm in love. Perfect combination with the stock exhaust. It also seems to have eliminated the 2k drone people are experiencing. Highly recommended mod!
2015 Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #104
frank35
Private
Rep
Drives: 335I JB3 DCI

a question, the exhaust evolution akrapovic has intermediate catalysts?check for white smoke exhaust, downpipe and evolution akrapovic ?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #105
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Sorry to drag this up bu better to use an existing thread I guess. I even found this via SEARCH

Anyway, I find it interesting that people say that Maddad's are louder than N55 mids seeing as N55 has just a tiny resonator in it which I would have thought did a worse job at sound control than a twin resonated Maddad set . I'm also interested as to why people say that the N55 mid-pipes gave nothing sound wise over N54 mid-pipes even though you've deleted two Cats. Why would this be?

Granted I do not have a 1M but an N54 135i with BMW PE (stock DPs, stock N54 mids). I am looking for a mid-pipe that will give me more volume over the whole rev range, I was set on N55 mids figuring that they'd be much louder with no Cats in them but according to this...perhaps not?
I will also be fitting the y-pipe which comes with the PE, this will delete the N55 centre resonator. Will this make the N55 mid-pipe come to life or is the lack of sound in the N55 pipe due to pipe design or diameter? Now I think of it I've heard an N55 135i with PE in person and it was pretty quiet but I do not know if it had the Y-Pipe centre resonator delete fitted.

Seeing as Maddad isn't available in the UK I guess I really have no option to go there however, Berk is available so another option or of course custom Mids.

Can anyone offer some advice?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #106
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Sorry to drag this up bu better to use an existing thread I guess. I even found this via SEARCH

Anyway, I find it interesting that people say that Maddad's are louder than N55 mids seeing as N55 has just a tiny resonator in it which I would have thought did a worse job at sound control than a twin resonated Maddad set . I'm also interested as to why people say that the N55 mid-pipes gave nothing sound wise over N54 mid-pipes even though you've deleted two Cats. Why would this be?

Granted I do not have a 1M but an N54 135i with BMW PE (stock DPs, stock N54 mids). I am looking for a mid-pipe that will give me more volume over the whole rev range, I was set on N55 mids figuring that they'd be much louder with no Cats in them but according to this...perhaps not?
I will also be fitting the y-pipe which comes with the PE, this will delete the N55 centre resonator. Will this make the N55 mid-pipe come to life or is the lack of sound in the N55 pipe due to pipe design or diameter? Now I think of it I've heard an N55 135i with PE in person and it was pretty quiet but I do not know if it had the Y-Pipe centre resonator delete fitted.

Seeing as Maddad isn't available in the UK I guess I really have no option to go there however, Berk is available so another option or of course custom Mids.

The sound clips that I listened all suggest that Maddads do sound louder than N55 mids. I have N55 mids mated to Evolve Race and I have nothing to complain, imo they are perfect. The N55 resonator is not really a "tiny" one as you described it, it is a single big resonator and by deleting it you should be OK in terms of having a louder sound across the rev range. The Maddad resonators are in comparison smaller than N55 but they have two of them, I think they provide that extra aggressiviness to Maddad not the pipe itself, the pipes are pretty same in terms of diameter and shape. With your PE and the mid pipe set up you described in your post I am sure it has the potential to be real good but beware of a possible drone too! I remember someone reported that his car had quite a drone after deleting the resonator on the N55 mids. You better make yourself ready for that kind of a side effect.

If you can find a pipe that you could borrow which is already prepped like you described try it with your PE and see if it drones too much or not, that would be the safest way to go. You can also put the N55 mids as they are including the resonator and see if they provide what you look for, deleting can come later if you wish so. Good luck.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #107
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Thank you for your reply

I've searched a few more threads and come up with that Berk mids will dampen the sound rather than increase it without DPs. I will fit DPs some day, maybe but that's a way off yet so N55 mids looks like my mid-term solution.

Prices for these are pretty low these days so I guess I can take a gamble and like you you say, fit first without deleting the resonator and if I want more then cut it off. I guess the beauty with the BMWPE Y-pipe is the fact that the resonator can be reattached with clamps when ever you want.

I've no doubt that if I ever decide to install DPs I'll need something like Berk Mids to tame it a little but for now I'll have some fun with this.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #108
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay

Not sure where you're getting that the N55 mids have a tiny resonator? Have you seen the pictures of it? It's almost the size of a full blown muffler. The maddads might have two resonators but the combined volume of the 2 if probably about a fourth or less of the volume of the N55s.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #109
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

When I had my 135, I ran the N55 mids with the Y pipe resonator delete with the stock DP's and OEM rear muffler.
Believe me, it was LOUD.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #110
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
When I had my 135, I ran the N55 mids with the Y pipe resonator delete with the stock DP's and OEM rear muffler.
Believe me, it was LOUD.
Any sound clips?