BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

I drive with eibach pro kit springs front and rear. They are just a tiny bit harder then original.

With jrz shocks on full hard it s enough for an few track days. On full soft they have more comfort than original shocks and springs.

I drove with 50 nm front race springs i think it lost to much comfort for road driving.

The best setup i found with jrz is using eibach pro kit springs with original top mounts. Get the pin out the top mounts and max camber front.

This is of course a compromise setup for road and some trackdays for fun.

If youre a trackday junkie go for harder race springs, camber plates. I find that to much for what i am doing with my car. I drive 80 procent road and 20 procent track. Then my spring setup is perfect. The only thing i change is i want bump and rebound seperatly adjusted without the use of an cannister. So i proberly go for an upgrade. But if you have no knowledge about rebound and bump setting the rs1 is a perfect companion for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #46
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M

Harold, that is a direct quote from our correspondence "About the 40 N/mm and 100 N/mm springrates, this is the rate which we found comfortable for street use, but still gives you a pretty firm ride. We have used 60 N/mm and 120 N/mm springs, but this gives you a bit of less comfortable ride." Having said that I am visiting the JRZ HQ next week and will try both setups. I am leaning towards the higher rate springs so there is a fair chance I will end up with 60/120. I will report back and share the pics of the install too.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #47
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep

Advevo, I hear you and thank you for the tips. I will talk to Erik from JRZ when I see him in a week time or so. I have been racing bikes and I am still very much into them other than that I am not competing anymore. During my time modding and riding I have come to realise the importance and convenience of separate rebound and compression adjustments and even low and high speed compression damping. In fact I would never ride a stock suspension motorcycle and that would be my first mod as the stock suspension and the stock spring rates seem too soft and sloppy and generally not-quite-in-control to me.

Naturally, I am not too familiar with the JRZ product line and what sort of ride these spring rates coupled with their dampers give, so you perspective is very useful. As for the car I will use it pretty much the same way as you, i.e. 80 percent road/ 20 percent track, so it is important not to get too carried away as I have been with my bikes LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #48
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsmith View Post
Harold, that is a direct quote from our correspondence "About the 40 N/mm and 100 N/mm springrates, this is the rate which we found comfortable for street use, but still gives you a pretty firm ride. We have used 60 N/mm and 120 N/mm springs, but this gives you a bit of less comfortable ride." Having said that I am visiting the JRZ HQ next week and will try both setups. I am leaning towards the higher rate springs so there is a fair chance I will end up with 60/120. I will report back and share the pics of the install too.
That is very odd. I found 6kg and 12kg to be very comfortable, more comfortable than OE. 7kg and 14kg would be a bit on the firmer side, but still not firmer than OE unless the damping is turned up.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #49
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep

Odd indeed. How different are the Schnitzer, H&R and Eibach springs of the same rate?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #50
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Odd indeed. How different are the Schnitzer, H&R and Eibach springs of the same rate?
Those are sport springs and are likely at a rate that is 20-30% higher than OE, but only a call to them is the sure way to find out.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #51
Advevo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Advevo, I hear you and thank you for the tips. I will talk to Erik from JRZ when I see him in a week time or so. I have been racing bikes and I am still very much into them other than that I am not competing anymore. During my time modding and riding I have come to realise the importance and convenience of separate rebound and compression adjustments and even low and high speed compression damping. In fact I would never ride a stock suspension motorcycle and that would be my first mod as the stock suspension and the stock spring rates seem too soft and sloppy and generally not-quite-in-control to me.

Naturally, I am not too familiar with the JRZ product line and what sort of ride these spring rates coupled with their dampers give, so you perspective is very useful. As for the car I will use it pretty much the same way as you, i.e. 80 percent road/ 20 percent track, so it is important not to get too carried away as I have been with my bikes LOL

I be at erik at jrz next week also to upgrade to rebound and seperate bump setting. Keep us updated what youre findings are!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #52
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep

will do!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep

Finally, I had the JRZ RS Pro installed on Monday at a race shop of Peter Claassen only a few km drive from JRZ HQ. I went with the 6 kg and 12 kg springs and as mentioned by Harold earlier have found them very comfortable. The softer springs might have been Ok too, but I do not regret as the car now feels exactly the way it should have come from the factory. The ride is very compliant, no looseness that I observed with the stock suspension, it just feels rock solid and does not get unsettled on a series of bumps. I went with the camber plates and I would be hard pressed to notice any extra noise or vibration coming in. I cannot recommend JRZ products and services highly enough and Erik Ras and Peter Claassen are the top guys, highly competent and willing to go an extra mile for a customer. My car is now with Marc Mueller of Lightweight Performance for some other performance mods, but as soon as I have it back I will take pictures of my setup.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #54
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Finally, I had the JRZ RS Pro installed on Monday at a race shop of Peter Claassen only a few km drive from JRZ HQ. I went with the 6 kg and 12 kg springs and as mentioned by Harold earlier have found them very comfortable. The softer springs might have been Ok too, but I do not regret as the car now feels exactly the way it should have come from the factory. The ride is very compliant, no looseness that I observed with the stock suspension, it just feels rock solid and does not get unsettled on a series of bumps. I went with the camber plates and I would be hard pressed to notice any extra noise or vibration coming in. I cannot recommend JRZ products and services highly enough and Erik Ras and Peter Claassen are the top guys, highly competent and willing to go an extra mile for a customer. My car is now with Marc Mueller of Lightweight Performance for some other performance mods, but as soon as I have it back I will take pictures of my setup.
Look forward to seeing the pics, and seeing what you get done at Lightweight!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #55
miridfastest
Registered
Rep
Drives: lj x834u

helo,
my name is miri and i come from slovenia..
i looking for a crashed bmw m1 coupe model
i am interested for the koplete car or body (karoserie)
if you do not hawe this m1 body to sell, can you tell me if you know, where can i find the body of m1
thank you for your time
regards
waiting for your answer
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #56
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
... My car is now with Marc Mueller of Lightweight Performance for some other performance mods, but as soon as I have it back I will take pictures of my setup.
Great visit to JRZ, and very nice meeting you, THX again! Looking forward to the pics and impressions of the total result!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miridfastest View Post
helo,
my name is miri and i come from slovenia..
i looking for a crashed bmw m1 coupe model
i am interested for the koplete car or body (karoserie)
if you do not hawe this m1 body to sell, can you tell me if you know, where can i find the body of m1
thank you for your time
regards
waiting for your answer

search for forum member Glassman...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #58
Advevo
Banned
Rep

I raced for the Peter Claasen race team also. He also has mounted my JRZ dampers. Fantastic team and person!

Nice to see an other satisfied JRZ customer!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #59
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep

Oh yes, Peter is a great person. I quite agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #60
sadak
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
6KG and 12KG on the 1M with RS1 ride better than OE. Perhaps it's the roads where you are?
I had the camber plates switched to oem mounts and now the car feels very confort. By the way the non m e90 mounts can be used with jrz shocks if you use the correct spring plate

Now I can tell that jrz is one of the best shocks the money can buy.

Thanks to Harold from hpa and Erik from jrz
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #61
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadak View Post
I had the camber plates switched to oem mounts and now the car feels very confort. By the way the non m e90 mounts can be used with jrz shocks if you use the correct spring plate

Now I can tell that jrz is one of the best shocks the money can buy.

Thanks to Harold from hpa and Erik from jrz
Appreciate 0