BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
kway
BMW CCA# 144245
Rep
Drives:

Nice to be in good company

Man, I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner! Nice to know there are enough other TWO series freaks to devote a message board to it, even before the car officially exists! I've been pining for this car since the first rumors of a baby bimmer slotted below the 3er (which I share the belief of many others has become hopelessly bloated). Never owned a brand new car, I decided long ago that honor would have to go to a BMW. Just can't bring myself to get rid of my beloved E30s for any of the current offerings. If I had to settle, I'd probably go with a Z4 3.0 coupe, but that's not really what I want, and I've never been one to settle. I think BMW is correct not to bring the ONE Series here as I don't think it would be a hot seller with the american audience (I don't really dig it myself), but the 2 Series definitely has CULT CAR written all over it. I really hope some heads from BMW are seeing this and other sites demonstrating the enthusiasm for this car. Build me an ///M2 please, BMW. I'll be down to Spartanburg to pick it up, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Welome Kway.
I pretty much agree with your comments....except I'll take anything riding on a 1-series platform...however (imho) if there ever was a cult car...the 3-door hatch is it.

If you check-out Scott27's comments in the new thread about the 1-series 3 door, he particularly mentions how BMW is going to amp-up the buzz on the 2-coupe.

I'd like to think that 2addicts "got it" before the corporate inculcation begins.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post

I'd like to think that 2addicts "got it" before the corporate inculcation begins.
Agreed!!! I love that we have our private little club/cult here, when this car becomes super popular we'll know who were the first diehards here
      12-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

I love telling the smarmy salesman at our local BMW dealer about a BMW he knows nothing about... Merc and Audi have enticing offerings in the B200 and the A3. Given that those cars are already pretty attractive, you've got to know that the 1er/2er that they bring to North America is going to rock. The three-door hatch pictured above would be enough to win my $$$, but it will only get better from there...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
I love telling the smarmy salesman at our local BMW dealer about a BMW he knows nothing about...
Hey, I know that guy too...I thought he worked for my BMW dealer!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

I've always wondered how these guys can represent such a fantastic product and not be fanatical about it. I'm sure there are salesmen that are true fanatics, but I've always thought it doesn't come through as much as it should when for high-end cars. I'd love to work with a product like BMW day-in, day-out...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
kway
BMW CCA# 144245
Rep
Drives:

You're right on that one Brookside, that three door is pretty hot. Hadn't seen a pic till just now. I still have a lot of catching up to do on this site, my time spent online is pretty limited with work and all. Looking forward to it though. Saw my first E90 coupe on the road today. One word, "meh":iono:. I dunno, it just didn't *strike* me as when I saw my first E46 coupe (which is still a great looking car IMHO). 'Course, looks aren't everything, but nonetheless.... Anyway, nice to make y'alls acquaintence, can't wait for the first 2addicts gathering!:wink:
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
Brookside
Major
Rep

We meet at Freak's place, (or was it Harold's?) on the morning of the 26th.
I'll bring the BBQ and a jaded car salesman.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
Harold
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
We meet at Freak's place, (or was it Harold's?) on the morning of the 26th.
I'll bring the BBQ and a jaded car salesman.
hah. Seriously can't wait to attend the first 2-series meet ever :headbang:

Welcome kway!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
I've always wondered how these guys can represent such a fantastic product and not be fanatical about it. I'm sure there are salesmen that are true fanatics, but I've always thought it doesn't come through as much as it should when for high-end cars. I'd love to work with a product like BMW day-in, day-out...
Agreed. I know it certainly makes me want to make a career with them :drinking:.
Appreciate 0