BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #89
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
Show me the bias.

I don't think it's a good idea to double the boost without retarding timing. Period. I don't care what car or tune we're talking about.

This thread is titled JB3 and I think it bears mentioning that Scalbert on e90 has found that there is no way the JB3 controls timing according to all of the measurements he's made.

BMS has been less than forthcoming about their timing control strategy, or lack thereof.

I'm not selling anything yet and don't have any relationship whatsoever with Shiv or Rixster.
You have extreme bias. You work for/are associated with CPE who has it's own piggyback called "standback". Of course you want Terry to reveal how his JB3 operates, so you can use it in your own tune you sell. Of course you don't recommend the procede, you sell the CPE unit. This is one of your posts from e90.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...21#post3241021

Username: dadasracecar
First Name: Jason
Car & MY: 2008 335i sedan, 6MT
Color:Jet Black/black
Additional Comments: Part owner of P3 Performance, LLC - we sell and install parts made by custom performance engineering, cp-e.com, for BMWs and Mazdaspeed vehicles and we're located in Beltsville, MD. Our AWD dyno has been ordered and I'm one of the tuners.
      01-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #90
ploz
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent05 View Post
You have extreme bias. You work for/are associated with CPE who has it's own piggyback called "standback". Of course you want Terry to reveal how his JB3 operates, so you can use it in your own tune you sell. Of course you don't recommend the procede, you sell the CPE unit. This is one of your posts from e90.

Additional Comments: Part owner of P3 Performance, LLC - we sell and install parts made by custom performance engineering, cp-e.com, for BMWs and Mazdaspeed vehicles and we're located in Beltsville, MD. Our AWD dyno has been ordered and I'm one of the tuners.

Ohhhhh busted! P3 is that new company that sells the Vishnu tunes!! They used to be called RIXEFFECTS!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #91
ploz
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloosh View Post
Until the scaling factor is fixed, the logs posted are useless.
I would love to see more logs posted from each side. At least then there is data to look at! I just don't understand how procede only takes out less than one degree of timing at peak torque then claims the other system is the one knocking.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #92
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:

Awesome find!! No, he's not a CP-e guy. He's from p3 cars. He recommended them to me in another thread. That's the new company that Rixster is a part of.

Will these guys ever give up.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #93
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTT View Post
Awesome find!! No, he's not a CP-e guy. He's from p3 cars. He recommended them to me in another thread. That's the new company that Rixster is a part of.

I think he also sell's CPE stuff because he's always posting about the CPE DPs on here and on e90.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #94
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well im new to the drama bullshit surrounding both of these solutions, however do we even know what kind of octane that v3 map is for? If its for race gas, i don't really see a problem. Both solutions "suck" when it comes to actually prooving their product...either that or they have something to hide.

Well, both companies have thousands of miles logged on their products. They both seem to perform, and any problems have been few and far between... if any at all.

I'm just a customer service guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #95
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Reading through all of your posts, and the knowledge and bias you have, I'm guessing you're not who you say you are.

Either a direct competitor, or based off your post history.. A reseller who sells Procede and CP-e.

....so that could make you Shiv, Rixster, or somebody else at that new shop.
Quote:

WTF, I have never met this guy in my life... somebody just sent me this post to ask if it was someone I knew...

He is in no way affilliated with "The P3 Cars Company, LLC" www.p3cars.com , which is my new venture...

I don't even sell CP-E stuff... and I am located in Ohio...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #96
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent05

Quote:
P3 Performance P3 Performance LLC formed its roots by a dedicated group of MazdaSpeed6 enthusiasts after a chance meeting at a local car show. Brian Wolken (CherrySpeed), owner of Willow Restaurant in Arlington, VA mentioned that Jason Jouet (Dadasracecar) and Charles Pettus (Charles) would be welcome to do install work in the parking garage under his restaurant on level "P3". As the weather in Northern,VA grew cooler and cooler, Jason and Charles were eager to began meeting and working there. Soon word spread on the various Mazda Internet forums that a few local Mazdaspeed6 owners were meeting in a parking garage on weekends to work on their cars. Soon others arrived to work too. During the cold winter months it was not uncommon to have 1-8 mazdaspeed vehicles on level P3 in some state of modification. We had lights, tools, and fans in a subterrian temperate climate. Jason Voss (JVOSS65) and Scott Fulton (y2kc0wb0y), regulars working on their MazdaSpeed's, soon befriended the original three and a once casually mentioned joke, the phrase "P3 Performance" was coined to describe the five. As P3 Performance's reputation for quality work grew, people began approaching the five for install and tuning work on their vehicles. We did small jobs originally such as simple CAI installs and brake work but quickly graduated to complex installations like clutch, turbo and engine replacements. P3 Performance quickly realized that no real tuners for turbo charged Direct Injection platforms were available. Utilizing the founding members strong mechanical intuition and prior experiences, P3 found that their hobbie was gaining unsurpassable momentum to form a company and tend to the growing DISI communities needs. From this point forward the idea of a real business was hatched and through our connections with Custom Performance Engineering P3 was able to secure a permenant space - above ground - and a new state of the art fully coupled Eddy Current Mustang Dyno to begin tuning with. Today P3 Performance LLC is a full service performance shop providing state of the art tuning, install, motor building, race preparation and new product development for direct injection applications such as the Mazdaspeed3, Mazdaspeed6, CX-7, and BMW 135i, 335i, and 535i among other direct injection and conventional port fuel injection cars. The automoblie industry as a whole has shifted its thinking to produce powerful cars that are yet still fuel efficent. Turbocharged 4 and 6 cylinder engines with Direction Injection are leading the technology bubble. As this new technology emerges, P3 has positioned themselves as performance experts to help you extract the most from your car's original potential.

You guys are unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #97
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
WTF, I have never met this guy in my life... somebody just sent me this post to ask if it was someone I knew...

I don't even sell CP-E stuff... and I am located in Ohio...
I'm pretty sure he is from CPE.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #98
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I think he also sell's CPE stuff because he's always posting about the CPE DPs on here and on e90.

Yeah, he has shop near them, but he is not from cp-e. I know he does installs.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #99
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploz View Post
Ohhhhh busted! P3 is that new company that sells the Vishnu tunes!! They used to be called RIXEFFECTS!
sorry, but that guy is NOT affiliated in any way with www.p3cars.com or RiXeffects
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #100
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I know jason from my mazda days. He does not work for or own cp-e lol. He is one of the owner os p3performance, not p3 cars.

after typing this up, even i find it hard to believe based on the way it sounds lol, but its true
The majority of his posts on here and on e90 are promoting CPE products. He clearly has an affiliation with that company and that is significant bias because they sell a tune for the n54. He even says in his own post on e90 that he "sells CPE products" and that he is "one of the tuners".
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #101
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I know jason from my mazda days. He does not work for or own cp-e lol. He is one of the owner os p3performance, not p3 cars.

after typing this up, even i find it hard to believe based on the way it sounds lol, but its true
Well, now that we know who he is.... I think it's safe to say he is or will be selling the procede.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #102
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

There once was a time when venders couldn't post about their products in non-vendor sections....
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #103
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
cpe has a tuning solution for the bimmers? Link?
http://www.cp-e.com/2046.html

It says comming soon. Looks like he is still perfecting it. I'm sure he is real intested in how Terry is controlling the timing and Scalberts results form his tests.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #104
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
There once was a time when venders couldn't post about their products in non-vendor sections....
That is still the case now, which is why real vendors, like me, don't. :biggrin:

I already reported this thread to the moderators. If there is a vendor in here talking about their products, I am sure some action will be taken.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #105
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
That is still the case now, which is why real vendors, like me, don't. :biggrin:

I already reported this thread to the moderators. If there is a vendor in here talking about their products, I am sure some action will be taken.

Who are you reporting?

It's nice to figure out who we're really talking to, but for whatever purpose this Jason guy is bashing Jb3... he's not promoting anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #106
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Who are you reporting?
I am not reporting a person, I just mentioned the thread to a moderator so it can be cleaned up.

Although if dadadaracecar is indeed a shope, vendor, or a tuner, or something, he shouldn't be posting about products that compete with his... thats a big nono...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #107
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
When will we see clear logs/data/arguments showing how jb3 actually controls timing
Quote:
Today, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloosh
If you can actually post logs, that are scaled properly, maybe your statement would sound a lil better. Untill then it sounds like self defense, and bullshit. This coming from some1 who isnt pro procede or jb3.

Terry:

I posted some logs here:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2625

You can see from the cursor the timing differences. That thread wasn't about the JB3 per say, simply about the adjustment range of the factory ECU. It's 8+ degrees like I've stated before.

As far as the tuning solutions go it's pretty easy to determine if you have knock retard from OBDII logs. You simply look for the saw-tooth type curve you would expect if timing was suddenly being taken out and put back in.

Depending on the JB3 map we need to take out 2-5 degrees of timing on pump gas to avoid knock and check engine lights. With the JB3 the OBDII timing advance logs are accurate. The only difference is the car doesn't knock to get to the lower timing tables.
I'm sure you'll need more information though. When does your tune come out?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #108
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep
Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

I am part of a start up tune/install shop called P3Performance, LLC and we work very closely with cp-e. We just got the keys for our place on Saturday. We don't even have the lift installed yet.

The coincidence with the other site, P3 Cars is unfortunate but we have had this name in mind for a very long time and are known as P3 Performance in the Mazda community - currently our biggest market - so we really can't change the name.

I don't sell and won't ever sell the PROcede.

cp-e is developing a piggyback tuning solution called the Standback for the BMW. I am beta testing it on my car.

The majority of my posts are describing cp-e products. I hang out with them weekly and I believe 100% in the quality and research behind each one. When our internet site is up and our shop is rolling, we will be selling and installing them.

None of this matters as my feelings about control of timing when upping the boost are made not as a potential seller but as a tuner. The Standback is not available yet and won't be for a little while. If you're upping the boost significantly you should pull timing. Straight up. The Procede does it by cps offset - as does the Standback. cp-e will not be changing the timing control based on anything BMS says or doesn't say. THey don't need to. It works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #109
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Who are you reporting?

It's nice to figure out who we're really talking to, but for whatever purpose this Jason guy is bashing Jb3... he's not promoting anything.
His CPE tuning devise is not yet released it's "coming soon". He does promote the CPE downpipes which he sells. Look at his previous posts.

Guys, this is why he wants the details of how the JB3 works and the procede for that matter. This is why we should expect Terry to expalin in detail the way his JB3 is designed.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #110
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
I am part of a start up tune/install shop called P3Performance, LLC and we work very closely with cp-e. We just got the keys for our place on Saturday. We don't even have the lift installed yet.

The coincidence with the other site, P3 Cars is unfortunate but we have had this name in mind for a very long time and are known as P3 Performance in the Mazda community - currently our biggest market - so we really can't change the name.

I don't sell and won't ever sell the PROcede.

cp-e is developing a piggyback tuning solution called the Standback for the BMW. I am beta testing it on my car.

The majority of my posts are describing cp-e products. I hang out with them weekly and I believe 100% in the quality and research behind each one. When our internet site is up and our shop is rolling, we will be selling and installing them.

None of this matters as my feelings about control of timing when upping the boost are made not as a potential seller but as a tuner. The Standback is not available yet and won't be for a little while. If you're upping the boost significantly you should pull timing. Straight up. The Procede does it by cps offset - as does the Standback. cp-e will not be changing the timing control based on anything BMS says or doesn't say. THey don't need to. It works perfectly.
That is all fine, but you claimed to have no bias and you clearly do.
Appreciate 0