BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #23
ippykaye
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Got my coding cable last week and have been playing around, so addictive!

There is one function though that eludes me despite hours of searching as well as playing around with the lines of code in different modules. I cannot get the convertible roof to close by pressing lock on the remote (I do not have comfort access). Has anyone figured this out yet?

So far I have coded on the x5 (2008)
- remove I drive disclaimer on startup
- tv function on when driving
- AE as DRL
- windscreen wipers will park itself ie complete cycle even if car is turned off before wiper finishes its cycle
- brake force display on: additional brake lights come on when brake is activated, really bright!
- digital speedometer in cluster and showing actual real speed of car
- additional option in I drive where I can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor

And for the 135 vert
- digital speedometer
- for some reason the I drive disclaimer disappears after a few secs so I did not need to code this
- BFD apparently already active but does not show additional lights on pressing the brake pedal, still trying to work on this one.

EDIT: pls scroll down as I have attached a list of codes gathered from various places on the net - 16 pages of code!
I'm curious to know about the convertibe roof too- it seems in the owners manual, like the coupe and its sunroof, you can close the roof via the fob. On my sister's vert, I swear when we initially took delivery, we were able to close the roof via the keyfob but now it doesn't work. You can open the roof but not close it.

Strange...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #24
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Question then, if you get a software integration access level update from BMW, it wipes out all these coding settings??
It only wipes what you have manually coded via NCSExper. If it came like it from factory then it is coded as a default, so i wouldnt think you would lose it.

Does the 1M digital speedo read the same as the dial speedo? Cause you can recode it to show ACTUAL speed like a GPS not a speedo corrected speed as i understand it.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #25
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Not sure I understand. So if you coded mirrors to always fold when locked, this would/wouldn't stick after an update? DVD play while driving etc?
If it came like it from factory then it SHOULD stick. There is a built in failsafe to coding that people use to wipe what they may have already coded. By coding an "empty" file the car defaults to what it came from factory, so same should apply when it comes to dealer updates. If you coded it yourself etc then yes factory software updates remove it, but can be redone...

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #26
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz
Is it possible to do AE as DRL on the 1er?? I would really like that for my 130i and have been thinking of getting into this stuff.
I believe it might be possible. I think car needs to be later than 2007.

My x5 had high beam (dimmed obviously) as drl. I have now successfully coded it so that it is the AE. However the light is quite weak, barely visible in daylight. Will need to increase the voltage to it when I have time as its a but more complex.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #27
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Got my coding cable last week and have been playing around, so addictive!

There is one function though that eludes me despite hours of searching as well as playing around with the lines of code in different modules. I cannot get the convertible roof to close by pressing lock on the remote (I do not have comfort access). Has anyone figured this out yet?

So far I have coded on the x5 (2008)
- remove I drive disclaimer on startup
- tv function on when driving
- AE as DRL
- windscreen wipers will park itself ie complete cycle even if car is turned off before wiper finishes its cycle
- brake force display on: additional brake lights come on when brake is activated, really bright!
- digital speedometer in cluster and showing actual real speed of car
- additional option in I drive where I can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor

And for the 135 vert
- digital speedometer
- for some reason the I drive disclaimer disappears after a few secs so I did not need to code this
- BFD apparently already active but does not show additional lights on pressing the brake pedal, still trying to work on this one.

EDIT: pls scroll down as I have attached a list of codes gathered from various places on the net - 16 pages of code!
I'm curious to know about the convertibe roof too- it seems in the owners manual, like the coupe and its sunroof, you can close the roof via the fob. On my sister's vert, I swear when we initially took delivery, we were able to close the roof via the keyfob but now it doesn't work. You can open the roof but not close it.

Strange...
As yet close with key and no comfort access does not work.

But close with key if you have comfort access is possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Not sure I understand. So if you coded mirrors to always fold when locked, this would/wouldn't stick after an update? DVD play while driving etc?
No coding will remain after a BMW software update..

Just save the files and recode after..simple as.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #29
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
So what did you get coded Joe?
Idrive disclaimer and alarm "beep" on activation..

Still to do the DVD in motion on weekend.. Needed extra files as the 1M is totally diff files than a 135i..In fact it had 100% more modules to read and backup than 135i.
Appreciate 0