BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #45
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
In that case, you must hate yourself, Dickhead!

We have a group of people here that I refer to as the Los Retrasados! They discourage any discussion that conflicts with their myopia. I have put this group of dimwits on my ignore list. Now I'm going to consign champignon to the same fate!
I think you should put everyone on your ignore list. Then the only person you could insult and annoy would be yourself.

Wouldn't it be nice if it actually worked that way. Unfortunately, it doesn't. So I suggest we all put unhappy jose on our own ignore lists. I just did. Now I don't have to read his crap anymore.

Sadly, where he has been quoted will still be visible.
      05-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #46
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I think you should put everyone on your ignore list. Then the only person you could insult and annoy would be yourself.

Wouldn't it be nice if it actually worked that way. Unfortunately, it doesn't. So I suggest we all put unhappy jose on our own ignore lists. I just did. Now I don't have to read his crap anymore.

Sadly, where he has been quoted will still be visible.
Good idea, did the same. Thanks!
      06-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #47
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

So I took my 1M in for its annual servicing; the car has had 1500 miles put on it in the last year, which is not surprising and within the ~2000 miles I'd like to do annually on the car, as it is something I'd like to keep the value in.

Per our earlier conversations, I had the lead tech at my dealership snoop around with a boroscope for corrosion. I spoke with him on the phone before the exam, and afterwards in person to discuss what he saw. Bottom line was, "no significant corrosion." He did show me some superficial corrosion in the engine compartment which is 100% stable from when I first brought the car in 3 years ago for an inspection and its first service following my purchase. He also mentioned that the treatment I had done on the undercarriage (with Corroseal) had completely stabilized the corrosion that he could see there, but that there were a couple of areas that I can't easily see or reach on my 4 post lifts, that he can get at on his servicing lifts. He asked me to bring some of the Corroseal with me the next time I have the car serviced, and he will paint it on in the couple of areas I have missed.

Bottom line, once the car was taken out of the area where it would be exposed to road salt, and had no further exposure, there has been no progression of the rusting. He does not believe that there will be any further issue with rusting in this car, so long as it remains in an area with a dry climate, where road salt is not liberally used, and especially since I only drive it during nicer weather, and never in the winter.