E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Which Options???

07-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Dvd2000g
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328xi

Which Options???

I just joined this forum last week and have been on everyday since! Its such a GREAT site! I'm looking at the E90 and it looks HOT! Right now its a toss up between the BMW and the G35(Again). I bought a FULLY LOADED 2005 G35 coupe in Feb. and really loved it, but unfortunately so did a few thieves!!! My car a few weeks ago had been stolen...to make a long story short...it had been recovered and totaled . I see this as a good opportunity to look at the BMW. So far I have been reading great stuff on this car and was undecided as to which options I should get. Has anyone who got the Navi/i-drive regreted it? I'm really undecided between getting the Nav or no-navi and 325 or 330? The sport package and adapt-xenons seem to be absolute must as does the leather interior (no premium package)! Thanks!!....Hope to be a regular on this forum
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #2
coco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmmer

Most people here who have nav have been very happy with it. Are you a gadget techy kinda guy? If you are you'll love having idrive to play with!

Have you test driven the E90? That might be the best way of telling whether you like the E90 or G35 better and will also let you know whether the 330 is worth the extra money over the 325. Obviously this is an E90 forum so ppl are biased but I think most who have personally compared these two cars think the E90 definitely comes out on top.

Sports package is a must IMO if you want to maximize the handling potential of the E90. Good luck deciding and let us know what you decide!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
coco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmmer

I happened to be subscribed to these threads when I was first deciding on idrive. These may be helpful since it's a whole bunch of member's comments for and against idrive.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1516
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1189
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

330i with sports and premium packages..... if your not an old man and like the look of the 2nd hump on the dash get iDrive. when peolpe hate on it, its becasue they are frusterated cuz they couldnt figure it out, not cuz its bad.... ill admit it id be pretty pissed off if i couldnt figure something as easy as idrive out

330 not the 325.... trust me

RB

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
330 not the 325.... trust me
Hey hey, theres nothing wrong with the 325..
      07-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #6
Spaceman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Hey hey, theres nothing wrong with the 325..
Yup. If you have a budget in mind and want fully loaded car, the 325 is awesome. I opted for a fully loaded 325 instead of 330, and the drive is awesomerific!
      07-25-2005, 01:43 AM   #7
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

id go for the extra hp.... thats why i said that.... cant go wrong with the 330 sports, cuz then you get teh best looking wheels of any car package or ne thing
RB

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #8
borahatch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G35

I own a G35 Coupe and my sis just picked up her E90. If you want power and speed, the G35 is the handsdown winner. My G will run circles around my sister's E90 in that area. If you want a nice ride with damn good handling, get the E90 for sure. As far as interiors go, the G35 doesn't come close to matching the BMW in richness IMO. And in terms of looks, my coupe gets many looks (thanks in part to my Brembos) but so does my sister's E90 mainly because it's new and fresh.

Either way you can't go wrong. Go drive a few E90s (330 and 325 w/ SP) and then make up your mind. Let us know how it goes.
Tint
20" Axis Mods/Nitto 555 245/35 front 275/30 rear
Injen CAI
DVD player
Savv mirror with 5 inch LCD monitor
5.8 inch Phoenix Gold headrest monitors
White LED interior bulbs
White LED lic plate bulbs
LED rear turn signals
Sidemarker blinker mod w/ Amber LED
More to come!
My G
Myspace
Sister's car: 2006 Monaco Blue 330i, Sport, Premium, iDrive, Steptronic , Active Steering, Comfort Access, Chrome stlye: 162, Tint
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 05:11 AM   #9
B16309
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I got the idrive system and am so glad that I did...it is awesome. Once you've learned how to use it, it is really simple and convenient. Speaking commands is a great feature which controls so many frequently used functions...like the entertainment system and cell phone. I can't tell you how great it is not to have to look at my cell phone while driving to dial a number....you just speak the number and the car dials away when you're done. I can't imagine not having this incredible piece of technology in the car.

The adaptive headlights are super....as far as the sports package goes, unless you routinely live on the edge while driving and enjoy taking exit ramps at 100 mph, I honestly couldn't tell much difference in the type of day to day driving I do. Believe me, if you want to drive the 330 really hard and aggressively without the sports package, it WILL do it and it will feel as though the car is putting forth NO effort. Even though you and your passengers my be slung around and experience those g forces, your BMW will simple take what you have to give it. It is an amazing machine and you will not be sorry with your purchase....no matter if it is a 325 or 330. If you like a little extra kick, the 330 is the way to go but the 325 is no slouch.

Another note about idrive.....if you take the time to learn it, which actually doens't take very long, you will love it. If you do any out of town driving, the nav is just fantastic. I love the map feature that just lets you see where you are in relation to everything else as you drive....and the data the system provides about what time you anticipated to arrive at your destination given your departure time and average speed along the way (all of these number update constantly as you drive--really cool).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #10
Spaceman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16309

Another note about idrive.....if you take the time to learn it, which actually doens't take very long, you will love it. If you do any out of town driving, the nav is just fantastic. I love the map feature that just lets you see where you are in relation to everything else as you drive....and the data the system provides about what time you anticipated to arrive at your destination given your departure time and average speed along the way (all of these number update constantly as you drive--really cool).
I agree 100%. Idrive is great. It actually has very low learning curve in my opinion. The only frustrating thing is the time lag between your voice command and execution. But even that does not detract from the pure joy of having a Navigation to guide you everywhere. Another thing of note, the BMW nav map system, Navteq, is the same system that powers Yahoo! Maps. I think the BMW map zooms in closer though.
      07-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #11
z1ppo325i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: blk.s e90 325i

Only one comment.. Its always better to have it than not have it......(only pertaining to BMW's)
Appreciate 0