BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #45
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Fantastic day & some great times from Biz & Vinney. Especially Vinney. 1'03" is awesome Vinney, especially for you first time at Lakeside - & on street tyres. How quick would you be on my semi-slicks?! Maybe I need to copy your KW set-up, maybe the auto's a better track option or maybe I need bigger testicles.

One thing my manual 135 did seem to be good for today was keeping cool & not hitting limp mode. Water temp was peaking at only 84 deg C, oil at 124 deg C & intake temp (with standard IC) ranged between 40 & 60 deg C around the track. No misfire today after putting new plugs in on Anzac Day too.

Quickest car out there today was an old 2002 with a newly built E30 M3 engine in it. 58".
Thanks Tim! You also put down some fairly impressive times too!

The biggest challenge for me was being consistent due to the persistent limp issue. Your idea about mixing up hot laps and cool laps worked really well. For the last few sessions I did one hot followed by one cool and didn't have as many limp issues. I also drove the car an extra 3-4 minutes to help the car cool down which seemed to help the situation.

I think my quick pass was a combination of the reasons you've described. I have no doubt the steptronic is a huge advantage on the track, the shifts are fairly instantaneous. The DCT would be even better! The manual will always be a more satisfying driving experience though.

My KW's are set up a bit firmer than the recommended specs but I'd really like to get some M3 bits in the front. I want camber! I completely forgot to tracking the water temp, I'll keep an eye on it next time
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #46
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Times are up.
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...4/2012.LAKE.P1
Appreciate 0